Thread: Decadent Wish
View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2012, 17:26   #41
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7 View Post
It's not a metaphor because he said that would be LIKE someone slashing a picasso. That makes it a simile.
Thanks .. actually, I do understand the difference between metaphor and simile. I just didn't realise the level of grammar required here was so exacting .. and frankly as "metaphor" is the word Meat's been using in so many interviews, I thought the term would work for most readers here. Metaphor or not, it referred to those who would send a song that doesn't appeal to them into "non-existence", which was my point, that I think most would have understood.

However I stand corrected. Now you might want to turn your skills to the spelling and punctuation on the forum generally.

Caryl
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.02809 seconds with 13 queries.