View Single Post
Old 27 Jan 2012, 18:53   #36
Dave
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 12.04.2002
Location:  Southern Ohio - United States of America
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoode View Post
Like it or not, the Huckabee performance of LA was far worse. I think people are being a little too harsh on this one. It wasn't perfect, by any stretch, but it wasn't horrible either.
Not sure I can say I disagree with your comment here, as I believe art is subjective and not objective; therefore, "best" \ "worst" are pretty much moot in my eyes. I would say they are very different performances of very different types of songs.

I would never expect nor do I believe anyone could ever deliver a sweeping emotion filled epic performance of Los Angeloser (even Meat Loaf), just the same as I do not believe It's All Coming Back To Me Now could ever be performed as a standard rock n roll romp. Both songs are different and deserve a different approach. I think the Huckabee performance of Los Angeloser was adequate for what it was (a rock performance of a standard rock song on a conservative TV show) whereas I think the American Idol performance of It's All Coming Back To Me Now with all of the dramatic lights, vast array of musicians, and high production value simply fell flat of what it could/should have been.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.02404 seconds with 13 queries.