View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2011, 07:06   #1
Wario
Monstro helps me spell things...
 
Join Date: 05.01.2007
Location:  Masculine, Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,105
Default The Meat Loaf song Lyrics and song refrences in Meat Loaf songs thread

Every wish you had one place to look for steinman songs that have lyrics to other steinman songs? Or a place to find out if that meat loaf song makes references to another meat loaf song via lyric? Here's the place.
If I missed any feel free to post here!

(Lyrics by of EvilNickname's Website found HERE

Never Can Be Too Sure About The Girl (1983, Midnight at the Lost & Found, Track 6):

References "ALL REVVED UP":

She calls you up in the middle of the night
She says she's lonesome, and alone
You all revved up, finally some place to go
You knock on that door—nobody's home

Objects in The Rear View Mirror (1993, Bat Out Of Hell II, Track 10):

The Piano riff is derived from "SURFS UP"

References "HAMMERDOWN":

There was a beauty living on the edge of town
And she always put the top up and the hammer down
And she taught me every thing I'll ever know
About the mystery and the muscle of love

Wasted Youth (1993, Bat Out Of Hell II, Track 11):

Lyrics originally from "PARADISE BY THE DASHBOARD LIGHT":

I remember every little thing as is it happened only yesterday.
I was barley seventeen
and I once killed a boy....

I'd Lie For You (1995, WTTN, Track 2)

Piano intro references "ANYTHING FOR LOVE":

A Kiss Is A Terrible Thing To Waste (1998, VBO ML, Disk 2-Track 2)

Lyrics originally from "PEEL OUT":

Tire tracks and broken hearts, that's all we're leaving behind
It doesn't matter what we're losing—it only matters what we're going to find!


Why Isn't That Enough? (2004, CHSIB, Track 3)

References "TWO OUT OF THREE AIN'T BAD"

You know that I want you
You know that I need you, baby
You know that I love you
So why isn't that enough?

Blind as a Bat (2006, Bat Out Of Hell III, Track 2)

References "BAD FOR GOOD":

I'm not afraid of the past no more
I'm not afraid that I'm bad for good
I used to dance to the devil's beat
If I could bust into hell I would

Seize The Night (2006, Bat Out Of Hell III, Track 9)

Includes riff from "GOOD GIRLS GO TO HEAVEN"

California Isn't Big Enough (2010, Hang Cool Teddy Bear, Track 9)

This is debatable, but the track seems to be what "PARADISE THE DASHBOARD" light without the innuendo and amking everything blunt and obvious. I view the song as a satire and foil to "PARADISE THE DASHBOARD", thus making a reference to it.
Wario is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.03028 seconds with 13 queries.