View Single Post
Old 26 Jan 2011, 16:37   #18
AndyK
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarioLoaf View Post
Imma eat you Lucy!!!
If John or Paul Leave, I don't think the band could recover. Especially if John Leaves. They survived without patti for a year but id hate to think of the NLE without John. Makes me cringe.
The loss of any of the long standing members of the band would be a blow, but to say that the band couldn't recover is an overstatement I think.

Over the years the NLE has lost many long standing members at one point or another (Steve Buslowe, Bob Kulick, Wells Kelly to name three) and survived, Mark and Kasim leaving last year was a blow to the band yet we're witnessing one of Meat's most succesful tours for at least a decade. The change in line up has over the last 30 years led to changes in the live show arrangements, sometimes for the better and rarely (in the long term) for the worse. IMO

End of the day, whilst the NLE is an important factor in the live show recipe they a backing band. You can't compare the NLE band members leaving, to (for example) Keith Richards or Charlie Watts leaving the Rolling Stones now that's an event that would signal the end of that band.
AndyK is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02459 seconds with 13 queries.