View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2011, 02:58   #114
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
Another obvious example I always thought was with Joss Stone and Melissa Etheridge when they performed Cry Baby and Piece of My Heart as a tribute to Janis Joplin at the Grammys in 2005. [...] Take a look right. At the start it seems Joss Stone isn't too bad at the Cry Baby song, decent enough entertainment you would think, but then when Melissa starts singing Piece of my Heart, on a completely different level in my opinion. [...] I don't think I've ever heard anyone other than Janis herself sing that song any better. Stunning!! She lives the words, feels them, owns them. Listen to that scream at 4.50. Sorry but Joss should have staid home that evening.
Melissa rocks! That woman has something that many other singers lack these days - true passion. One of the greatest live performers ever. I travelled God knows where and slept at railway stations just to see her on stage. I'm sure Janis Joplin would have liked that performance. Joss Stone wasn't that bad but her voice wasn't powerful enough for that song.
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05160 seconds with 13 queries.