View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2011, 10:55   #80
Fire Ball
Himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaT View Post
Absolutely Andrew! That is a show that Meat could really shine on, because it is all about the MUSIC, with no frills. He would do GREAT on that show!
I tried to work something out with that show, but I couldn't get on. Don't think that I did not try every ave. that was available . I did. I would come up with 3 or 4 marketing ideas a day and tell the record co. Shot down every time . Screamed when they wouldn't put out a real single . They said we don't do that!!! I said yes you do , named the artists , they came back with , well we don't for artist like you. meaning old.
It makes me want to pull my hair out. I go out and work hard for them just hoping it will make them want to do more . They don't. They don't want to work anymore. Used to be they would listen and follow through on some of my ideas. , now they have an excuse for why they can't do any of my ideas. They only want to do it their way . The way they do every band . I'm not every band. To them I am nothing but another a can of soup.
I wasn't really attacking sarge, just saying that it is real easy to sit on the sideline and judge and speculate . Believe me almost everything that is written on here about promo I tried and things that you guys never thought of. Nobody cares, they are not selling records. So they want to do as little as possible . At least the UK did TV ads. The US wouldn't . I told them my audience is not where you are putting your money (very little).I thought Management was going to blow a Gasget. If the UK was bad , the US and Australia were worse. New Zealand did pretty good , Germany fair . I did get a gold record in the UK for Hang cool so it keeps my streak alive, every record in the UK has gone gold. If it doesn't have "Hell" in the title they don't want to work it. They tried to get me to call it Bat 4 . If I would have it would have been a negative for a lot of people but in the end would have sold more records . When I refused ,it pissed them off. So now, I've come with a Title with Hell in it. Paul is working on the first song." The Devil in me" duet with Patti. It's a rocker... We got some great songs. One we are going to do like NINE INCH NAILS. I know ,you say "oh no" not that. Good news for some of you though. The songs go with the title and PATRICK is no where around. LOL
To Sarge, I really wasn't angry. Just wanted you to know I wasn't waiting on someone to do something. I was out kicking on their doors. Working really really hard. DUDE I CALL EVERYONE DUDE NOW, I think I'm still in the 80's.

The best to all of you ( even Evil one) I like" Holy one " better . Be "evil one" on the Rockman site and "Holy one" here. Yes that's it!!!

Meat

Last edited by Fire Ball; 16 Jan 2011 at 11:28.
Fire Ball is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.05893 seconds with 14 queries.