View Single Post
Old 15 Jan 2011, 15:33   #65
Sarge
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
It's never hurt anyone who has done the show unless you come off like a Jerk. [...] A singer named Trace Atkins had #1 album and a #1 single from that show.
I have only seen parts of it as I can't endure an entire show. Trace Adkins appeared like a rather quiet, likeable chap compared to some of the other participants. Maybe that's why it worked. From what I recall there were lots of annoying fights and often people's egos seemed to be more important than the tasks and the charities. That's why I don't like watching those shows. It's about conflict, competition and failure and some people behave in a way that you'll lose any respect and admiration you might have had for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
I did Pop/Opera so I could get a head start on Promo for HCTB in europe. I went do a different country every week that was on the air.
HCTB was never mentioned on Popstar to Operastar and you performed an old song - it was a good, funny performance though. You worked hard, traveled around the world, there were countless interviews but who got to hear the songs? Only a few people, mostly journalists and a handful of lucky fans, some of them didn't even care like that journalist who said her life was too busy to listen to albums. Did you reach the people? Those who would appreciate the album? Europe didn't get a live performance of a HCTB song when the album was released. I remember a single interview (with Ultimate Guitar, as far as I remember) in which you extensively talked about the music - that was interesting and fun to read and caught my attention more than the repetitive references to Patrick and Rob Cavallo's merits. People have to hear the music. It's more the song and / or the way it's performed that attracts people than promo talk. When it comes to promoting HCTB, I missed the singer Meat Loaf. Sorry if this appears a bit sassy but that's how I feel about it.

Last edited by Sarge; 15 Jan 2011 at 15:42. Reason: grammar
Sarge is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06500 seconds with 13 queries.