Thread: meet and greet
View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2003, 14:37   #47
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

icwuke wrote:
Quote:
It was supposed to be funny, no offence was intended.
That's OK, none taken. I was just puzzled :)

I did much the same with ones I bought (plus a few to radio stations). Most I gave to people who wouldn't normally buy a Meat CD .. and they've gone out and bought the album as a result :) I even "tipped" the gardener and the guys who installed my washing machine with a single each The installation chaps were like many people I meet who aren't the kind of fans who know when an album is coming out, or that a tour is coming up, but who always say when I mention Meat's name that they have his albums and think he's great. They left saying they'd get tickets for Sheffield arena.

I've also bought quite a few front row tickets on eBay recently. Two lots were in the side blocks, and I then managed to get centre block for the same shows, so put the others back on eBay to get my money back. Each of the winners when asked said they hadn't got the album yet .. so I tucked in copies of the single as a taster, and I hope an incentive :)

Still have a pile of them, but it's fun identifying people I think can be persuaded to buy the album if they just get a taste of it from the single :)
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.05285 seconds with 13 queries.