Thread: 29. Surf's Up
View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2003, 12:27   #38
MjP2
Rookie
 
Join Date: 11.02.2003
Posts: 19
Default Re: What does it mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddyboy
Any englishman/woman here who can be kind enough and explain it to a dum swede
Well, here you go you dum swede (I'm a finn...)

I've always understood that it means that he's "up" as well. Surf is up and so is he. And what this "up" means should be pretty obvious.

On Jim Steinman fans tribute album "Nothing But a Merciless Night" there ist a cover sung by a woman. She sings "Surf's wet and so am I." :)

I love this song, it's among my top five Steinsongs but I preger "Jim's" (Rory Dodd's) version of the song. I think his gentle beautiful voice suits better to this type of song, besides the whole production is so much _more_ than on the Meat's version. Other than that, I don't like the fact that Meat's version is faster than the original.

In my opinion the only Meat cover that's significantly better than the original is Out of the Frying Pan.

Meat: 8/10
Rory: 10/10

MjP2
MjP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.02880 seconds with 13 queries.