View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2003, 00:26   #12
CarylB
Mega Loafer
 
Join Date: 16.04.2003
Location: Sheffield UK
Posts: 5,910
Default

I've met Meat twice and each time found him to be quiet, gentle, charming, quick witted and full of humour. The first time I had great fun talking him through a yearbook of ROL and making him laugh. And when I said it had cost me $700 to get to this concert and for that I was rather hoping for sex .. but I'd settle for a hug .. he stopped in his tracks for a second, then took a dollar bill from his pocket and gave it to me saying $699 always sounds better than $700. But I think my most treasured moment was last year's Summer tour, when we weren't able to meet him, but had given John the next yearbook to give to him. Sitting in the front row of his final concert that leg a few days later, he was crouched down right in front of me, eyes tight shut and in the zone as he always is when singing .. and suddenly popped right out of "character" .. gave me a wink and a big grin and shook his finger at me .. and then as quickly slipped back into character and the song. It was just a few seconds .. but he recognised me, it was personal and magic :)

And now I realise who you are Bigmomma .. I thought it might be you. Nice to see you here .. and thanks :)
CarylB is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.03375 seconds with 13 queries.