Great story .. thanks for sharing it with everybody !
I didn't get hooked on Meat's music until 1999, when I first heard him sing Paradise By The Dashboard Light on the Storytellers CD :)
It's kind of a funny story really ...
I happened to be in the local record store one night, buying the lastest Weird Al Yankovic album (for those of you who don't know who Weird Al is, let's just he's very hard to describe ..
Anyway, I saw the Storyteller's CD sitting on the shelf ... and bought it.
Don't ask me why .. I had heard Meat's name before, but had never listened to any of his music. Call it fate perhaps .. but for some reason I just had to have it

I listened to it in the car on the way home, and loved every second of it !
I listened to the CD constantly ... but what really got me hooked was watching Storytellers on VH1. I was so engrossed in it that I actually jumped up and yelled at the tv when they were singing Paradise and he said "stay tuned for the 2nd half of this story after these commercial messages"
I bought the Storytellers DVD as soon as it came out, read his autobiography and went back and bought every Meat Loaf CD I could get my hands on.
I enjoy all of his music, but certain songs will always have a place in my heart :
(1) Paradise - because watching Meat & Patti sing it on Storytellers got me hooked on his music
(2) Rock N' Roll Dreams Come Through & I'd Lie For You And That's The Trurh - because I can still remember how incredible it was seeing him sing them live for the very first time in Atlantic City (September 2001)
(3) Did I Say That - in my mind all of the songs on CHSIB are perfect in their own way. But this is the first song I heard from the new album, and the level of emotion he brings to it is absolutely incredible.
So if you read this Meat -- I guess I just want to say thank you for doing Storytellers :) Thank you for opening up a new world for me, allowing me to meet some incredible people and have a lot of fun along the way.
And thank you most of all for all of the incredible music ... especially
the new and exciting CHSIB CD !!
Vicki