Thread: Any Requests??
View Single Post
Old 29 Jul 2003, 21:04   #22
evil nickname
Guest
 
 
Join Date: 19.04.2003
Posts: 2,238
Default

I see no point in Meat doing any cover from a Steinman song he hasn't done yet. I don't think he'd pull of "Carpe Noctem" or "Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young" very well, and there is no point in doing "Confession of a Vampire (The Insatiable Appetite)" for it's mostly Objects. "Total Eclipse", "Making Love" and "All Coming Back" were (huge) hits for Bonnie, Air Supply and Celine -- and I wouldn't care for another version. The only "unreleased" Steinsong I'd like to see him do is "For Sarah". A 'small' song, melodic, yeah, I could propably fall for that :)

As for 'other band's songs', I'd also prefer he'd stay clear from the 'classics'/big hits/famous songs, UNLESS he gives 'em a twist. I've read a lot of suggestions in this thread, and with most of them, I had something like "they can't be serious". A lot of them don't seem to fit either Meat's voice, or I couldn't picture him singing it, based on the lyrics / music. I can't see Meat singing Paradice City. I love the GN'R version -- but the idea of Meat singing it devellops a mental block. It isn't his style. Same goes for Paranoid. November Rain, We Are The Champions, The Show Must Go On -- the originals are perfect, why redo it? I'm sure those versions can't be topped.
That being said, I could see see Meat doing the following two songs:
Alice Cooper's "Only Women Bleed" -- musicaly and lyrically I think this would suit Meat very well. Co-written by Dick Wagner (execution day, fallen angel)
and Bruce Springsteen's "Thunder Road" -- they said that "Bat Out Of Hell" was a "Born To Run" wanna-be, well, then I'd like to hear how Meat tackles one of the highlights of that album.

My €0.02
evil nickname is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Page generated in 0.02964 seconds with 13 queries.