CarylB
Mega Loafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Piercy View Post
In the past Meat's been quoted as saying:

"This wonderful woman is absolutely unbelievable"
and
"I just wouldn't be able to do it without her"

And I'm sure he was sincere .. but Patti has chosen to move on, and Meat has a tour to do, and I trust him to continue to provide the usual thrilling performance he always done, without exception imo, since 1978

Yet there is still no official acknowledgement that Patti has left and no "thank you" for all she's done to make the man and his music such a success since 1993. I personally find that surprising.

Equally we may guess the NE line-up but we still don't know it for a fact.

Kasim has confirmed the rest of the band will be playing with the addition of a saxophone player. He has also confirmed Aspen has been recruited as Patti's successor, as has Meat

Now don't misunderstand me, when the tour comes I'll be there with tickets for as many shows as I can get to and willing everyone on to do well and just as enthusiastic as ever to see the show.

I wouldn't want anyone to deride Aspen Miller (assuming she really is the person who succeeds Patti), I'm sure she will be a first rate singer given her WWRY background. But ... I do have something of a problem with the age difference and thus the stage credibility of some potential duets but we'll see how that pans out.

Would she really do "that" with a 59 year old "sex god"? It may be acting but does it look credible? I'm not sure.

She's hardly an ingenue .. and if Meat believes his set will work with the two of them acting, that's good enough for me. I sense he was quite irritated, and imo rightly so, that people were questioning this

So to reflect ... at some stage can someone officially please give Patti some recognition for her amazing performances for 13 years? Or is that too much to ask for the greatest female singer Meat has had in his band?

Just a thought .. perhaps if you feel strongly about this (and it does seem to me that you are being critical) it would be most courteously addressed with Meat directly and privately than in a public forum? Or with his management if you're not suggesting Meat should make a public annoncement

See you on tour!

Mike
Caryl

Page generated in 0.03043 seconds with 13 queries.