View Single Post
Old 16 Feb 2006, 17:55   #2304
dottie
queen post- whore extraordinaire

[QUOTE=dottie][QUOTE=dottie]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottie

Well my quest is progressing faster than even I would have imagined...

Going down to Addlestone next week, to view and copy my childhood files, also I will have a social worker who will hopefully be able to answer any questions I might have...

And yes I have plenty of those!
What an unbelievable day have attended the Runnymede Centre in Addlestone where my childhood care records were held in the archives....

Masses of information and reports regarding myself, my sister, my brother, my parents and foster parents, and children homes that we livedi n for periods of time.

All are going to be copied and sent to me, plus some original paper work written by my father, which the case worker has agreed to let me have the originals!!!!

Found some distressing news as well, evidently had another baby sister who died when she was 28 days old from pneunomia, and we weren't ever told about this ......

Also found evidence that my mother who deserted us when I was 2 years old was certified as mentally deficient and suffering a severe form of epelipsy, and gave us up because she couldn't cope.........

Such happiness and such sadness, but now I can move forward, I also have the forms for the Salvation Army Tracing service, which I can use some of the information when it arrives to help me trace our mothers movements, and ascertain whether she is dead or alive.....

So glad that at last I have some answers.......

Its been worth the wait, and will give me the impetus to go on..........

love dottie
xxx
dottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.04009 seconds with 14 queries.