mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Loaf! Camera! Action! (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Jack Black/Meat Loaf Rumour (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7932)

Jayd 12 Sep 2006 15:54

Jack Black/Meat Loaf Rumour
 
Someone has started a thread ON IMDB.com about Jack Black is to play Meat Loaf, in a bio about his life. Not much in info at the moment, only date given 2008/2009. Hopefully we can keep a look out for any more info on this. And also if it is true, what shall we expect. To find the post, look at forum threads for Meat, and also Jack Black on IMDB.com.

RadioMaster 12 Sep 2006 15:58

hmmmm....Jack Black as Meat?.....I dont know...

JanT 12 Sep 2006 17:08

Dunno, he has a good voice. Loved him in school of rock.

Kev 12 Sep 2006 17:44

Are we forgetting that this film has already been made?!? Not with Jack Black of course

Jayd 12 Sep 2006 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by icwuke (Post 261639)
Are we forgetting that this film has already been made?!? Not with Jack Black of course


That was a dire tv film, there is nothing stopping a proper hollywood film being done also, with a great actor like Jack Black playing Meat. I do hope this rumour is true. Meat's life story should have been told properly in the first place, the previous film was pants. At first it was ok, to me, but after watching it again, I thought errrggghhhhh. Nothing seems to be right, or in order in that film. Come on JB, oh btw, off topic here, Tenacious D are touring in December in UK, I am going to see them on 12th Dec 06 at MEN arena, don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere. :-)

Jaymze 27 Sep 2006 18:50

If it's with Jack Black it means it'll be a big blockbuster with a big budget- which is very good news cos it means it will have the funding to portray Meat's life accurately. I think Jack and Meat must be friends, Meat plays Jack's father in the new Tenacious D film.

djfierce 27 Sep 2006 20:20

I hope it happens, i think j.black would be perfect

Paul191 28 Sep 2006 00:46

Yes! My two favourite singers united as one!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to dear God this is true!

allrevvedup 28 Sep 2006 12:01

I think he'd be great playing Meat, not sure about the singing though

Pudding 29 Sep 2006 03:32

Jack Black sucks. The only charcters he's half good at playing are the ones that act like buffoons. I really do hope that this rumour never bares fruition.

Pud :twisted:

Jayd 29 Sep 2006 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 268628)
Jack Black sucks. The only charcters he's half good at playing are the ones that act like buffoons. I really do hope that this rumour never bares fruition.

Pud :twisted:

WHAT, this guy is multi-talented, alot of reviews say he is the new John Belushi, no way does this guy suck. If he was to play Meat, he would do a lot better job, than that guy in the Made-for-tv movie. Sure he does alot of comedies, and acts a clown, and Tenacious D, goes down the comedy route, but, he is an excellent actor, a very nice individual. If anyone sucks, and acts like a buffoon, look at Will Ferrell, he does my nut. I do hope JB, gets the chance to play Meat, if this rumour has any truth. :D

Paul191 03 Oct 2006 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayd (Post 268768)
WHAT, this guy is multi-talented, alot of reviews say he is the new John Belushi, no way does this guy suck. If he was to play Meat, he would do a lot better job, than that guy in the Made-for-tv movie. Sure he does alot of comedies, and acts a clown, and Tenacious D, goes down the comedy route, but, he is an excellent actor, a very nice individual. If anyone sucks, and acts like a buffoon, look at Will Ferrell, he does my nut. I do hope JB, gets the chance to play Meat, if this rumour has any truth. :D

There isn't a single word there that I disagree with!:D

LucyK! 03 Oct 2006 12:03

I love Jack Black, but without rocking the boat too much, I'm not sure how many people would go to see a Hollywood film about Meat Loaf...???

TimboTambo 04 Oct 2006 23:34

Sure you not on about the new Tenacious D movie where ML plays Jack Blacks dad or something?

Jayd 05 Oct 2006 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimboTambo (Post 271252)
Sure you not on about the new Tenacious D movie where ML plays Jack Blacks dad or something?

No, this is a different rumour, on IMDB forums, may only be a rumour, I knew about Pick Of Destiny last year, and Meat playing JB's father. :D

Blackkat13 05 Oct 2006 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 270150)
I love Jack Black, but without rocking the boat too much, I'm not sure how many people would go to see a Hollywood film about Meat Loaf...???

Maybe not many in Hollywood but ML would have his fans seeing it so it might do good......but it sounds still a little to good in mean Hollywierd doing a movie about ML maybe to good to be true.....Then again it may happen.....I would be checking out Jack Black's site's and see what they are saying.

mjbo 05 Oct 2006 20:21

05/10/2006 - 18:49:36

Actor/singer Jack Black insists there was only one clear choice when it came to casting his father in upcoming Tenacious D film The Pick of Destiny - singer Meat Loaf.

The film features Black and his bandmate Kyle Gass setting out to become the world's greatest rock band.

"We look alike, obviously… but it was mostly his energy that inspired us to cast him," said Black. "Just watching him sing is an education in rock."

Black insists getting the rocker to sign on wasn't difficult adding: "We basically said: 'Will you sing in the movie, yes or no?'

"He said: 'For you guys, yes, because I like your stuff!'"

See -
http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertain...68&n=197523322

TimboTambo 05 Oct 2006 21:38

Wow I was right for once! :-P


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:45.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.03606 seconds with 11 queries.