![]() |
ITV Golf
I see Meat Loaf is going to be on Ant And Decs Celeb Golf Tournament in August on ITV1 (UK)
I think he will do so well. It will be the only sports I watch as I am not a sport fan at all.:D |
Cool! Do you have a link to the area where you found the infomation?
|
Ooh! Meat with Ant and Dec would be just hilarious
|
Quote:
|
They sure as hell are milking the "celebs" brand on ITV. What's up next? Celebrity Ping Pong? Jeez.....
Having said that, a golf tournament does sound interesting to me. I wonder if it will be like all the other celebrity stuff recently. Simon Cowell as a golf jurymember perhaps? "That was the worst shot I have ever seen in my life, you did not even manage to get close to the green. Atrocious, absolutely atrocious." ;-) If they gonna do this, it would be wise to remove any golf clubs from the celebrity hands before judging commences just incase someone wants to use it to beat up Simon .... :)) |
Quote:
sorry, back on topic... |
Pro-Celebrity Golf tournaments have been around for eons, so it's nothing new. In fact I'd guess that Pro-Celeb golf was possibly one of the first "celeb" things on TV, certainly in the UK anyway.
|
Hey....I wonder if we could go watch it live?? Does anyone know what course they are playing on?? Maybe we could have a mlukfc meet-up! :mrgreen:
|
Heat posted details of ticketting for this event here
http://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showpos...76&postcount=5 |
Quote:
|
Now, I have absolutely no clue about golf. Looking at that site it says that there's practise, first round and second round - will there be people who don't make it through to the second round or what?!?!
Someone educate me! |
Quote:
Ditto....I have no idea whats happening...tbh I might as well watch the best bits on tv loL! |
Quote:
Hope that hep :) |
|
oh yes it was wasn't it - I forgot - oops!!
|
I live near the Celtic Manor Resort, which is where they're playing the 'tournament'. Unfortunately, I'll be unable to go, as I have a gig on the Friday, two on the Saturday and one on the Sunday. All promoting Meat, of course ;) It's a bank holiday weekend here in the UK, which means that you can get paid more for working.
Alice Cooper is one of the other celebs playing on the USA team. I know Meat and Alice have played in celeb golfing events before, so I'm looking forward to seeing the highlights. :cool: |
Quote:
Never thought that I would hear these words in one sentence! What happened to the good old children scaring Alice Cooper? I knew that he owns a bar, I think in Texas, but that he is so... boring... What happens next? Ozzy Osbourne is about to play Chess live on MTV?:twisted: :confused: PS: No offense to Meat, he can do that, because heīs different, but Golf doesnt fit Alice Cooper IMO. |
Quote:
Alice is really the nicest guy on earth....he's more far removed from his stage character than Meat is. I can easily imagine it :p |
Quote:
It says it follows the format of the Ryder Cup in which case the next two days will be divided into 8 foursomes, 8 fourballs and 12 singles. Foursomes are where you have two palyers from each team playing with one ball per pair. USA1 hits USA Ball, Europe 1 hits europe Ball. USA2 hits USA ball and then Europe 2 hits Europe ball and so on. Fourballs are where four people (2 from each team) play simultaeneously. In both these events, the team with the lowest score at the end gets the point. The singles games are normal individual rounds of golf in which a member of each teams plays a round against each other. The schedule of who plays on what days is entirely down to the choice of the captain that morning so there is no way of telling who will be playing on the Sunday or Monday. Unlike most sports, the rounds don;t refer to teams being knocked out before the next round. They refer to a round of 18 holes. |
Quote:
|
Any one know how much coverage will be on ITV1 :??:
|
Quick show of hands then - how many people are looking at going to see this live, for one or all of the days?
|
| All times are GMT +2. The time now is 21:37. |
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.