mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone for tennis? (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5486)

needmoremeat 10 Jun 2005 19:46

Anyone for tennis?
 
I used to hate Wimbledon: it meant The Simpsons weren't on for a fortnight :roll: Now I know the rules I enjoy it, and watching Queen's today was a mixed bag. Henman got beat :evil: But then Mam told me Lleyton Hewitt was playing Ivo Karlovic so I came through to watch. In a horrible deja vu for Hewitt, the world number two, he got beat by a six foot ten unseeded Croatian!!!!! :)) Poor little Hewitt was almost cwying as he left court, in fact I think he was! It was brilliant! Go Karlovic!!!!! :cheer:

dottie 10 Jun 2005 21:03

Yes, Yes, Yes!

Can't wait for Wimbledon- I'll be glued to the set......

needmoremeat 10 Jun 2005 22:18

Yeah, so will my Mam! Dad hates it when she spends the whole two weeks sitting there! :lol:
But why do we put ourselves through the same torture every year?......If it's an easy game for our players I'll watch it, or if it's a neutral; but if it's a nail biting, five setter with each set going to tie break I can't watch it! :shock:
Me and Mam will have to go there one year, purely so I can buy a huge tennis ball and get players to sign it! :lol:

SuperLoafMan 10 Jun 2005 22:28

Never used to watch it but really got in to it last year when Maria Sharopova was playing, dont know why :roll: :lmao:

I will be watching her again...:D

(dont know weather that is how you spel her name??? )

needmoremeat 10 Jun 2005 22:43

Well, he doesn't know it, but Karlovic is my new best friend for beating Hewitt twice! :))

Chris 10 Jun 2005 23:05

It's better than that.

We now have two weeks with an excuse to play solid cliff richard music!!!

Chris
....says "goodbye sam" and gets ready to "move it" "in the country" with "the young ones" on a "sentimental journey":lol::lol::lol::lol:

Keab42 11 Jun 2005 00:04

i hate wimbledon. it means 2 weeks without neighbours.besides why do we watch it? its not like Tim Henman will ever win.

Jen 11 Jun 2005 00:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keab42
besides why do we watch it? its not like Tim Henman will ever win.

...but that's the best bit, Henman getting beaten again and again and again... :lol:

Tim 12 Jun 2005 10:31

Tennis...mmm, played it myself. Nice game... Like womens tennis more. They have better games.....and it looks better :D

Gez 12 Jun 2005 20:24

...great, all those woman in short skirts an hopefully a slippery surface :cheer: :cheer:

needmoremeat 12 Jun 2005 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keab42
it means 2 weeks without neighbours.

I always thought that was a good thing! ;) :lol:

tukayaway 12 Jun 2005 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerry
...great, all those woman in short skirts an hopefully a slippery surface :cheer: :cheer:

Sharapova :drool:

needmoremeat 25 Jun 2005 21:09

Just watched the Murray v Nalbandian game! :cry: Condolences and congratulations to Murray, it's been great watching him the past few days :-)

Gez 29 Jun 2005 00:22

well said......well done Andy :lurk:

Skeleton 29 Jun 2005 17:53

I watch sometimes tennis.. I think itīs boring.. But I know the rules.. I used to be as a ballgirl when my dad played with my uncle.. :roll:

needmoremeat 29 Jun 2005 20:22

Anyone know if Roddick won today? I can't be bothered to check Google! :lol: I know, I'm lazy! :twisted:

Never mind, Mam's just came in and told me he won and that Nalbandian's out :roll: :lol:

Gez 30 Jun 2005 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeleton
I watch sometimes tennis.. I think itīs boring.. But I know the rules.. I used to be as a ballgirl when my dad played with my uncle.. :roll:

Close family then ;) ;)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:18.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.02639 seconds with 11 queries.