![]() |
Is what this person doing illegal
somebody is selling something on a certain web site its
MEATLOAF PROFESSIONAL RECORDED BACKING TRACKS, there are other Artists too on the list is this person just mixing from a cd any clues :evil: |
No you can sell tracks you get made.
Ive sold my custom amnesty track for 30 bucks in the past a couple of times. haven't gotten my 180 dollars back plus profit, but its always for sale. |
I beg to differ, I'd assume you'd need permission but at the very least there would be royalties to pay.
|
Quote:
If this cd the person is selling has tracks he got made, then he should have a right to sell them. though I dunno if all Backing track companies work like mycustomtracks. But Then again ... CD-Rs are not allowed on most sites like ebay and such. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Not following this...surely it would be illegal based on the fact that you're selling someone else's music without permission, regardless of where it came from? Even if you went right back to basics, surely the music from BOOH is Jim's music because he wrote it and has given permission to certain people to use it, so it would be illegal for anyone else to?
I think I'm going down the whole royalties/copyright route... |
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
|
Exactly - it's like me making a handbag made from stolen fabrics and saying it's OK because I did the sewing :?
Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Or anyone else's barge pole for that matter. |
Quote:
After that 6 month window, they put it on their site and sell it on a special download server for members. But I only sold the track to some tributes who wanted it. Its not like you make money from it lol. Amnesty cost around 160 bucks to make. |
Quote:
|
Quote:
Paris Music does that too. Sean posted a link where they were selling the Los Angeloser backing track awhile back. |
whats ur email warioloaf
|
Actually, come to think of it what that person is doing, while probably not illegal, is most likely against the rules of whatever site their selling it on. I know ebay wont allow people selling custom CDs. I wouldn't doubt most places like amazon and buy.com are like that too.
Quote:
|
they dont mention Cd but i presume it is
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
Then, I have no idea. :shrug: |
Quote:
|
Posts on here are more concerned about the law than my local police are about major crime. Geez people.
|
Quote:
|
| All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:22. |
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.