mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Lorraine Crosby (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14580)

mib 18 Apr 2010 09:46

Lorraine Crosby

The lady who sang on 'AFL' is now on facebook www.facebook.com/lorraine.crosby

M.I.B

RadioMaster 18 Apr 2010 09:47

she has been for a while

john walker 18 Apr 2010 10:00

New single

Seen her at the Leam on friday night, another fantastic performance as ever, sang us a special song as it was our wedding aniversary (30), will be seeing her again in 2 weeks at Jarrow, Lorraine will be dueting on a charity single around nov with Bonnie Tyler for Heroes.

The Flying Mouse 18 Apr 2010 16:36

:twisted: Thread moved from off topic to over here.

That's my share of the work done for one day :mrgreen:

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky 19 Apr 2010 18:05

just asked her for an autogph and she got back to me and she is posting me one
yaya

john walker 20 Apr 2010 23:05

could paper our walls with signed posters of Lorraine!!

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky 21 Apr 2010 12:04

yah my autograph of lorranie has come this moring she sent me 2 waaaaay!

Elijah's way 16 Sep 2010 02:16

What are the chances of Meat asking her to do a concert with him? I mean after all she deserves it she didn't get anything for doing AFL. And I wish they would do another duet her voice really sounds good with Meat's.

AndrewG 16 Sep 2010 02:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah's way (Post 520406)
I mean after all she deserves it she didn't get anything for doing AFL.

Well she has used this as a bit of publicity as far as I know and she is still doing shows in the UK. She seems to be enjoying herself going by her FB updates and she has some gorgeous girls in the band. ;-)
Lorraine did audition for X Factor several years ago but like anyone over 25 on that show failed to make much of an impression.

It's maybe a harsh statement but I feel that Patti's voice has matured so much and is so very strong now that even thinking about bringing in another female singer is completely unnecessary at this stage. :shrug:

A one off guest performance with Lorraine on AFL (perhaps when Meat is in Newcastle??? -hint -hint!!!) would be great though. :D

Elijah's way 16 Sep 2010 02:29

I love Patti as much as the next person but I can't help thinking that Lorraine Crosby was meant to sing with Meat Loaf. To me there even more a perfect match than him and Patti.

Pudding 16 Sep 2010 03:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah's way (Post 520406)
What are the chances of Meat asking her to do a concert with him?

Shame he's not in the UK earlier for his tour, as the Children In Need appeal is on 19th November.

cujo 16 Sep 2010 08:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 520408)
Well she has used this as a bit of publicity as far as I know and she is still doing shows in the UK. She seems to be enjoying herself going by her FB updates and she has some gorgeous girls in the band. ;-)

Lorraine does still perform with her band throughout the UK - sadly she has to do mostly covers rather than her own stuff as that is what 'pays the bills' - but she still enjoys it. She always does a few Meat Loaf songs in her set, including AFL.

Quote:

A one off guest performance with Lorraine on AFL (perhaps when Meat is in Newcastle??? -hint -hint!!!) would be great though.
Meat did bring in Lorraine once for AFL, but it was back in the 90's at Whitley Bay Ice Rink! It would be great to see that repeated but I think they would struggle to get together for rehearsals - and with Meat just being able to sing it is never enough - it has to be a performance.

LucyK! 16 Sep 2010 09:53

I would struggle if Lorraine did AFL live with Meat, not because it's Lorraine but I'm not sure how it would work to have Meat and **insert name here** doing the song while Patti was stood at the back, just wouldn't feel right :?

K1ttycat 16 Sep 2010 11:01

Don't know if this has been posted but saw this today -

LORRAINE CROSBY
With Bonnie Tyler
At City Hall, Newcastle – 29th November
On sale now at Ticketline
https://secure.ticketline.co.uk/tick...all/2010-11-29

Steve6 16 Sep 2010 13:36

Lorraine Crosby was unlucky the same way Ellen Foley was. To be dropped for the music videos AFL, and Paradise was very sad, and it's all because of image. We live in a sad world....it must have upset them I'm sure. I honestly think they were both used. Lorraine got NOTHING for AFL which was daylight robbery.

Both had fantastic voices but lost a bit as they aged. It's good to see she's happy and busy fair play to her.

LucyK! 16 Sep 2010 13:47

How are we at the conclusion that she got "nothing" from AFL? Admittedly it maybe didn't launch her career as much as you'd expect or hope, but she will have been paid and has used it as brilliant promotion to launch herself as Mrs Loud...

AndrewG 16 Sep 2010 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 520495)
Lorraine Crosby was unlucky the same way Ellen Foley was. To be dropped for the music videos AFL, and Paradise was very sad, and it's all because of image. We live in a sad world....it must have upset them I'm sure. I honestly think they were both used. Lorraine got NOTHING for AFL which was daylight robbery.

Both had fantastic voices but lost a bit as they aged. It's good to see she's happy and busy fair play to her.

Such a ridiculous childish statement. :roll:

LucyK! 16 Sep 2010 13:56

In fact I think Lorraine's new poster for her upcoming show tells you more than enough about what she got from AFL...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...4821554&ref=nf

AndyK 16 Sep 2010 14:02

I could be wrong here but I seem to remember that she laid down her vocal to AFL as a demo or guide track and once Jim and Meat heard it they decided that they didn't want to seek out another female vocalist and stuck with what they had. I'd say it was the other way and that she was lucky!

daveake 16 Sep 2010 14:14

That's how I remember it.

allrevvedup 16 Sep 2010 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 520495)

A session musician usually signs some sort of waiver to say that the payment they receive for the recording in that particular session is for full and final payment so therefore if the complaint for Ms Crosby is that she 'only' received £25 (i think that was the amount she mentioned when on X Factor or the like) then that would've been the agreed amount at the time.

I agree that she has a great voice and that it is unfortunate that her tours result in her mostly doing covers, as can be found in many youtube videos, but you have to go where the money is.

But to say she got nothing for AFL and that it was daylight robbery is without foundation and ,as per a lot of your posts recently Steve, guesswork.

samurai7 16 Sep 2010 15:17

in fact, we've had this very conversation before, and Lorraine's husband Stuart came on here to set a few people straight. If I could remember the username he used, I'd search for the posts.

duke knooby 16 Sep 2010 15:31

that would be stuart1234 on the x factor thread around june 08 (ish)

and that wasn't an easy one to dig out... but, its the quoting from other threads i can't do

AndyK 16 Sep 2010 15:33

The specific message is here

AndrewG 16 Sep 2010 15:40

Bloody hell that thread is a blast from the past. Lol.
I've been following hat X Factor crap religiously ever since that year. Mannnn......