mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Meat Loaf Top 20 (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11832)

lloyd2002 14 Jun 2008 18:39

Meat Loaf Top 20
 
Hi all,

I'm a presenter for Phoenix FM as radio station based in Essex, UK.

On the 21st June I will be presenting a Top 20 Meat Loaf show, with the chart complied by public votes.

For more information, please visit our website www.phoenixfm.com

djfierce 14 Jun 2008 22:40

Thanx :))

I'll be voting and listening for sure :-)

Wario 14 Jun 2008 22:41

voted will listen on the internet :D

MeatGrl1 14 Jun 2008 23:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by lloyd2002 (Post 415740)
Hi all,

I'm a presenter for Phoenix FM as radio station based in Essex, UK.

On the 21st June I will be presenting a Top 20 Meat Loaf show, with the chart complied by public votes.

For more information, please visit our website www.phoenixfm.com


Thanks for the heads up :up: :metal:.

Monstro 14 Jun 2008 23:49

vote is in

duke knooby 15 Jun 2008 01:01

meh, couldn't decide.... needs much more thought lol

SW31 15 Jun 2008 01:04

done --- but was hard only picking ten

djfierce 15 Jun 2008 01:05

yeah it depends on my mood really, will think another day lol

SamCat 15 Jun 2008 01:16

I think mine were in alphabetical order lol!!

allrevvedup 15 Jun 2008 10:35

my first choice was in the land of the pig...i'd be amazed if that gets into the top 20!

meatloaf-unofficial 15 Jun 2008 10:38

god that was hard voting. A deffinate song I voted for was "What About Love" that deserves to be aired imo :-)

Battybarb 15 Jun 2008 13:04

Thanks for that,have voted but its so hard to pick out 10 favs

~Helen~ 15 Jun 2008 21:30

This is a great idea, and I can't wait to find out what's made it into the top 20!

Voting took some doing and some serious thinking though, especially then putting songs I like equally and or for different reasons into some sort of preference order! I thought I was doing good when I narrowed it down to 12...but still had to pick 2 to get rid of after that! Anyway, it's done now. I'm not really expecting all my choices to make it in the top 20, but they were favourites and so they're in!

~Helen~ 15 Jun 2008 21:32

Oooh just looking at results from bands that have previously featured, seemed they display the results from all the voting, it's just the top 20 that are played. So will get to see if other people vote for the same things as me too, and no doubt be suprised at how low down some things are...so we'll see what happens when the results are out. I'm quite interested in seeing that!

MeatGrl1 15 Jun 2008 21:44

That was so difficult !!!!

But vote is in :cool: !

The Flying Mouse 15 Jun 2008 21:54

:twisted: If you want to look at this thing from a promo angle, it would be good to have a good balance of hits and lesser known material.

I've personally gone mostly for upbeat stuff because I think it'll keep more people listening :wink:

w1sie 15 Jun 2008 22:24

God that was hard - I have so many favourites
but vote now cast

w1sie 17 Jun 2008 13:58

Going away for the weekend so won't be able to listen to the show.

Is there any chance somebody could record it and post it please or at least post on here what the top 20 are.

Thanks in anticipation
Kathryn

duke knooby 17 Jun 2008 21:39

i've picked my no.1 choice... still can't decide the rest

geordieloaf 17 Jun 2008 22:57

Picked mine noticed there were more from Dead Ringer than the other albums in my choice. Should be interesting to see what make's it in the 20.

Wario 18 Jun 2008 04:14

Love to hear stoney and meatloaf on the radio :D

Diane 21 Jun 2008 18:31

Just received a reminder from Phoenix which gives all the info and links you need. Don't forget to tune in tonight to hear the results!:

Lloyd Bonson will be playing the Top 20 as voted by you on Saturday at 10pm UK (if you're not in the UK have a look at http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=136 to see what time it is here now).

To tune in you can either:

JOIN THE WEBCAM / CHATROOM

You can see the webcam on the front page of www.phoenixfm.com.

If you want to join the webcam's chatroom, you'll need to sign up with a username and password at http://www.stickam.com/viewJoin.do and then go here: http://www.stickam.com/largeChat.do?uId=174227903&currentMedia=thumbnail&login=1

LISTEN ONLINE

If you don't want any webcam nonsense you can just listen by clicking here: http://dream.wavestreamer.com:2963/listen.pls

LISTEN ON YOUR RADIO

We're on 98.0FM in Brentwood, Billericay and surrounding areas.

You can email the studio during the show at radio@phoenixfm.com

If you're in the UK you can also text the show by texting PHOENIX plus your message to 89892 (texts cost 25p plus your airtime provider's charge).

Don't forget to vote on our future shows too, if you like! Click the links below to go to the voting pages.

28/06 Beck
05/07 Linkin Park
12/07 Super Furry Animals
19/07 U2
26/07 Madonna
02/08 Coldplay
09/08 Robbie Williams
16/08 blink-182
23/08 Rolling Stones
30/08 Placebo

Finally, if you missed the show but want to know the results ... go to the Phoenix website as we'll be putting them up soon after the show.

Cheers
Phoenix FM
xxx

~Helen~ 21 Jun 2008 19:00

Oooh I very nearly forgot about this! Thanks Diane! I've now set a reminder on my phone.
Just tried listening to phoenix city online now and it keeps jumping/pausing! I hope it's a problem with my laptop and not something that will happen later, I'm really looking forward to hearing what has made it into the top 20! :-)

~Helen~ 21 Jun 2008 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Helen~ (Post 417266)
I'm really looking forward to hearing what has made it into the top 20! :-)

And that's not just because Alex and me have a bet on with each other on what's going to be in the top ten! I'll let you know later who wins! The winner gets their first (alcoholic) drink bought for them by the other at the next Meat gig we are going to. Ha!

Monstro 21 Jun 2008 23:03

What About Love @ 20


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:27.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.02964 seconds with 11 queries.