mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tyre Tracks & Broken Hearts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Worst Song Ever...by Meat (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5839)

Elijah's way 30 Aug 2005 16:11

Worst Song Ever...by Meat

What, in everyone's opinion, is Meat Loaf's worst recording? My least favorite song is definetely "Dead Ringer". I just feel everything was a poor attempt by Meat,Jim, and Cher. They all could have done a hell of a lot better if they had really had their hearts into it.

P.S. This is just my personal opinion, do not take offence. Any one else feel there is a song out there that just rubs you the wrong way?

Heli 30 Aug 2005 20:24

I think i'd rate Dead Ringer as one of my faves!

I'm not too keen on some of the mid 80's stuff....with all the daft dance mix lark and stuff...tbh i havn't listened to that kinda stuff enough to name anything in particular...i sorter just flicked through songs and turned it off. Not his best stuff!

LucyK! 30 Aug 2005 20:39

I don't mind Dead Ringer every now and then, though I think it's over-played and therefore has become annoying!

Not overly keen on Man And A Woman but I can't think of any songs I'd skip if listening to an album...I'll have a ponder!

djfierce 30 Aug 2005 20:47

i love you so i told you a lie was pretty duff :(

JGrayland 30 Aug 2005 21:15

Gotta be masculine.

Heli 30 Aug 2005 21:42

"When it's time to get tough i'm masculine (masculine, oh masculine)"

:lmao:

ChloeLee88 30 Aug 2005 23:10

Wow :shock: well to be honest this is a really hard choice to make, i can honestly say that i like all of meats songs but..........if i had to choose one......... :-? Martha!!!! I like it its just my least favourate one!!
I like dead ringer i think its fun to listen to :angst: ........especially in the car, but the live versions are much better than the original recording!!
Chloe x

LucyK! 30 Aug 2005 23:16

Noooooo! Martha is amazing!!! One of my favourites!!!!

Caelan 30 Aug 2005 23:23

man and woman....like the lyrics somehow but the music sound cheap..
and Mercury blues album version..don't really like that ...prefer Alan Jacksons version
but live is great..

ChloeLee88 31 Aug 2005 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy!

Sorry!!!!! I did say i like it, it is a good song.......its just my least fave of meats!!!
Soweeee
Chloe :?

batloaf 31 Aug 2005 04:16

:roll: hmmm let's think since i don't have any all time favourite meat song i also don't have a All time Worsed meat song.

a few tracks from MALAF and BFIS would be at my bottom list

Priscilla
you can never be too sure about that girl
Man and a woman
Getting away with murder
Burning down

:-)

allrevvedup 31 Aug 2005 14:59

Like every artist and group there's going to be some songs that just don't work.

For instance 'you're right i was wrong' doesn't suit meat loaf at all. Maybe Michael Bolton couldve crooned it ten years ago!

A lot of Blind Before I stop and Midnight at the lost and found sounds dated now, Priscilla, wolf at your door, fallen angel, man and a woman, standing on the outside.

Compared to the amount of good songs he's had there's very few bad ones

QT 01 Sep 2005 14:44

Wolf at your door. I agree MATLAF and BBIS are the worst albums of Meat, although some songs on those albums are quite good.

Leah 01 Sep 2005 21:11

My least favourites have to be Priscilla and You can never be to sure about that girl...

Nick 01 Sep 2005 21:16

Hmmmmmmm :( i like most all of his songs, but it all depends on what mood im in, like if im angry , usually i want my money back, or if im exited bat out of hell. I like all music, i just gotta be in a good mood for it. Oh and i love the song martha!

:D

amethyst 03 Sep 2005 11:33

Nope, cant think of one i dont like ~ they all mean something to me in one way or another. :D

ames xx

allrevvedup 03 Sep 2005 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy!

strangely my grandmother really loves this song...i dont think she's got any meat loaf cd's but she's 79 and could have a secret stash of them somewhere!

wizardofodd 03 Sep 2005 22:27

i love the album "blind before i stop" think its realy good. i cant think of a song i least like atm.

DIZZY DRUMMER 03 Sep 2005 22:29

The only Meat song I have never got on with is "Martha"

Chris 03 Sep 2005 22:35

The only ones i dislike are Night of The Soft Parade, Priscilla, Mercury Blues (it should be law that no one ever gets to cover Alan Jackson!!) and BOOH:oops:.

Surprised at how many people dislike Martha - i really like that

PanicLord 04 Sep 2005 22:49

Razors Edge - the first couple of notes just really turn me off

ChloeLee88 05 Sep 2005 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris
The only ones i dislike are Night of The Soft Parade, Priscilla, Mercury Blues (it should be law that no one ever gets to cover Alan Jackson!!) and BOOH:oops:.

Surprised at how many people dislike Martha - i really like that

wooooow BOOH..........really!!! I mean personal taste and all but wooooooow lol!!! At least your honest lol!! I like BOOH and i love night of the soft parade lol!! I dont dislike martha its just my least fave one lol!!!
this thead is really interesting.......thanks to the person who started it!!!
Chloe x

JGrayland 06 Sep 2005 19:47

actually for me its a tie between masculine and do it

Winston 06 Sep 2005 23:18

If This Is The Last Kiss, that song is dreadful.

rockfenris2005 07 Sep 2005 13:40

Kiss me Again
Lady be Mine
The Promised Land
You Never can be too Sure About the Girl
Masculine
If This is the Last Kiss
Because of You