mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   I Can't Believe This Didn't Happen (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20465)

Cult Of Byron 17 Mar 2020 23:45

I Can't Believe This Didn't Happen

What's your favourite "I wish this had happened" moment from the possible history of possible Meat Loaf moments/albums/prolongued moments...

AndrewG 18 Mar 2020 03:52

Proper Bat 3: Escape From Hell produced by Steinman I guess. Preferably a double disc 120min two act extravaganza at the time. Meat could have done the entire album live with Anything for Love and full Bat out of Hell as encores. Throw in the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Brian May, Karla, Ellen and Patti on stage for a 10 night Royal Albert Hall run and released as DVD and this would have just been off the scale.

Disc 1: "Angels Arise"
1 Angels Arise with orchestra/band would have been a stellar intro into band heavy....
2 Graveyard Shift.
3 Stark Raving Love (With dual Brian May guitar outtro)
4 Only When I feel together with If It Ain't Broke, Break It as played live in 2005.
5 Bad For Good still with Brian May! but more piano and improved dynamics and original song length
6 In the Land of the Pig, the Butcher Is King
7 Paradise Lost (IF this song ever existed)
8 The Future Ain't What It Used to Be (with Patti)

Disc 2: "The Escape"
1 Skull of your country intro... into
2 Seize the Night (with a better Steinman-esque production this song would have been more memorable, the Desmond Child produced coda is pretty awful in hindsight)
3 Speaking in Tongues (with Patti)
4 Cry To Heaven (Meat version)
5 More
6 Escape From Hell (Instrumental with Brian May)
7 What Part of My Body Hurts The Most?
8 Going All The Way is Just The Start (with Patti, Karla & Ellen) + Bat coda

Bat Coda: ---- "Make us Braver Than We Aaaaaare"
- Musical Break
".... Breaking out of my body and flying away..... Oh, Like a Bat out of Hell!! (Bat out of Hell - I'll be gone when the morning comes) etc"

Should have come full circle with the original gang I reckon.
Shame.

At least we got Alive, What About Love and Blind as a Bat. Quite memorable Meat songs. I even like The Monster is Loose actually.

letsgotoofar 18 Mar 2020 15:58

Apart from the fact that he has gone on record as saying that he would never do Stark Raving Love, ever, I'm pretty much co-signing that guy. Sounds like a hell of a show.

loaferman61 18 Mar 2020 21:08

A full length DVD filmed at the highest standards. Storytellers was missing Steinman, I think Meat was sick in the Bat 3 show from Canada, the Melbourne DVD was good, that last Guilty Pleasures DVD was awful production-wise and sound like 90% auto-tuned and/or sweetened, that is not Meat's normal singing voice most of the show to me at least.

Adje 19 Mar 2020 01:17

Royal Albert Hall 2006 DVD (HD would be even better). Unfortunately they only allowed about 12 minutes of professional video. Just imagine they did a full proshot of this.

RSG 19 Mar 2020 03:31

An all Steinman involved Bat 3. And that party record he had eight songs for... before there was even a Brave and Crazy and Braver than We are album title. Or more music videos. Many of Meat's songs scream for video treatment.

jmfreeman 19 Mar 2020 10:50

More full-length (not cut down to 60 mins!) pro-shot concerts from the 80s and 90s would have been great.

loaferman61 19 Mar 2020 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 623947)
Royal Albert Hall 2006 DVD (HD would be even better). Unfortunately they only allowed about 12 minutes of professional video. Just imagine they did a full proshot of this.

Wipes tear from eye... that would have been phenomenal.

loaferman61 19 Mar 2020 20:47

I recall them saying sorting out the rights for the 90's VH-1 shows would be entangling. Yet I can't help but recall how good those shows were. Even though the 90's VH-1 would have had the best possible equipment for the time and somewhere the master recording is gathering dust (assuming it still exists at VH1 in the archives). Put both "History of" shows and the WTTN show out in the best format available today.

Am I the only one who thinks "Guilty Pleasures" DVD doesn't really sound like Meat's normal voice? I seem to recall that was around the time his vocal chord was bleeding so I guess they ran it through some processing program.

PanicLord 20 Mar 2020 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 623947)

YES. I was there absolutely STUNNING show. Spine tingling.

jmfreeman 20 Mar 2020 12:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by loaferman61 (Post 623951)
I recall them saying sorting out the rights for the 90's VH-1 shows would be entangling. Yet I can't help but recall how good those shows were. Even though the 90's VH-1 would have had the best possible equipment for the time and somewhere the master recording is gathering dust (assuming it still exists at VH1 in the archives). Put both "History of" shows and the WTTN show out in the best format available today.

Even these shows seem quite restrained to me. The venues - especially the 'History Of' - were small and Meat's shows always seemed much more dynamic to me when there was more of a crowd. I know a number of the Bat 2 shows in Europe were at least partly pro-shot, because you'd see the occasional song on different music shows around the time ('Anything For Love', 'Lemon' from Sheffield late '94, a couple of songs from a Rotterdam show, I think), and they always looked wonderful. That's a particularly evocative time for me, as my first concert was the Birmingham one in November '94.

Danny L 21 Mar 2020 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 623944)
Proper Bat 3: Escape From Hell produced by Steinman I guess. Preferably a double disc 120min two act extravaganza at the time. Meat could have done the entire album live with Anything for Love and full Bat out of Hell as encores. Throw in the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra, Brian May, Karla, Ellen and Patti on stage for a 10 night Royal Albert Hall run and released as DVD and this would have just been off the scale.

Disc 1: "Angels Arise"
1 Angels Arise with orchestra/band would have been a stellar intro into band heavy....
2 Graveyard Shift.
3 Stark Raving Love (With dual Brian May guitar outtro)
4 Only When I feel together with If It Ain't Broke, Break It as played live in 2005.
5 Bad For Good still with Brian May! but more piano and improved dynamics and original song length
6 In the Land of the Pig, the Butcher Is King
7 Paradise Lost (IF this song ever existed)
8 The Future Ain't What It Used to Be (with Patti)

Disc 2: "The Escape"
1 Skull of your country intro... into
2 Seize the Night (with a better Steinman-esque production this song would have been more memorable, the Desmond Child produced coda is pretty awful in hindsight)
3 Speaking in Tongues (with Patti)
4 Cry To Heaven (Meat version)
5 More
6 Escape From Hell (Instrumental with Brian May)
7 What Part of My Body Hurts The Most?
8 Going All The Way is Just The Start (with Patti, Karla & Ellen) + Bat coda

Bat Coda: ---- "Make us Braver Than We Aaaaaare"
- Musical Break
".... Breaking out of my body and flying away..... Oh, Like a Bat out of Hell!! (Bat out of Hell - I'll be gone when the morning comes) etc"

Should have come full circle with the original gang I reckon.
Shame.

At least we got Alive, What About Love and Blind as a Bat. Quite memorable Meat songs. I even like The Monster is Loose actually.

I love this. I actually did my own Bat III with all Steinman songs:

Meat Loaf
BAT OUT OF HELL III
THE LAST AT BAT

(possibly to be redone with a BAT IV when 13 Roads To bat is out, also incorporating 'Braver Than We Are' songs)

All songs by Jim Steinman

1. Home By Now/No Matter What (m: Lloyd-Webber)
2. Original Sin
3. It's All Coming Back To Me Now
4. Land of the Pig
5. Teenager in Love (Steinman monologue)
6. Surf's Up
7. Nowhere Fast
8. Is Nothing Sacred (l: Don Black)
9. God Has Left The Building (instrumental medley i found from Tanz)
10. Carpe Noctem (Seize The Night)
11. Bad For Good
12. Dance In My Pants (Live 1988 - Meat never recorded this in the studio, but I always thought this should be on Bat III)
13. Cry To Heaven
14. The Future Ain't What It Used To Be