mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Coupe de Ville (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   meat loaf gold disc (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14964)

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky 01 Jun 2010 20:10

meat loaf gold disc

i baught this meat loaf gold disc whith my xmas money and i have to say it is the best thing i have baught

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/q...afgolddisc.jpg

what do u think of it it cost me £110 and i hope it goes up in value in years to come lol

Evil One 01 Jun 2010 20:10

Play it and see what it sounds like! :twisted:

A Slice Of English 01 Jun 2010 20:20

Yikes, I've seen things like that on Ebay and they always make me cringe.

evil nickname 01 Jun 2010 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy<meat-loaf>rocky (Post 499067)
i hope it goes up in value in years to come lol

That should be a given. I mean, wow. Six tracks on one side? If that isn't some mighty special edition of Bat, I'm the pope. ;-)

Monstro 01 Jun 2010 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy<meat-loaf>rocky (Post 499067)
i have to say it is the best thing i have baught

There ya go, you're happy, nowt else matters!

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky 01 Jun 2010 21:19

i got it from this companey on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MEATLOAF-Cd-Go...item439ba6240c

A Slice Of English 01 Jun 2010 21:24

Yeah, you see these "Collectable's" sites often prey on the unwary. If you like what you got then great, but a true Gold disc should be a replica of the original LP, not just a blank LP that has been electroplated with the Meat Loaf banner name stuck on the middle somehow. They look ok, but they are cheap imitations of the real thing, designed to get the company maximum profit from a minimum outlay.

But like was said above, if you like it then more power to you, I say.

Pudding 01 Jun 2010 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Slice Of English (Post 499079)
not just a blank LP that has been electroplated with the Meat Loaf banner name stuck on the middle somehow.

The LP shows 5 tracks on that side, who owns a BAT album with 5 tracks on one side? The centre looks like a Bat CD to me :shrug:

So long as eddy is happy with it is the main thing, the phrase 'ripped off' and not the genuine article springs to my mind though.

AndrewG 01 Jun 2010 23:37

You can get that ten pounds cheaper from their own website by the looks of it (including UK postage). They are obviously not wanting to lose a penny out on the PayPal and listing charges.

Indeed it doesn't look like the LP is the genuine deal like these ones do:
A one, and a two.

In either case all of them are decent nice displays I guess, but for £100+ I managed to get 8 different displays (albeit smaller but still nice and interesting) from Springsteen/Meat and Imogen Heap in my studio. Whatever one think it's worth I guess. :shrug:

I definitely wouldn't buy such items with the intent to finding out if it is worth more in the future. I collect enough stuff just thinking for today as it is.

CarylB 01 Jun 2010 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 499074)
There ya go, you're happy, nowt else matters!

Yes, you love it? That's what counts! Enjoy :)

Caryl

eddy<meat-loaf>rocky 02 Jun 2010 00:11

i soppose my hctb cd is worth more what i got of play.com its hand signed by meat loaf

Wario 02 Jun 2010 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddy<meat-loaf>rocky (Post 499106)
i soppose my hctb cd is worth more what i got of play.com its hand signed by meat loaf

That it is.

Still in search of a bad Attitude gold disk display :(

if you read the description it doesn't claim to be authentic, just it looks great on walls.

wolfy35 02 Jun 2010 01:46

You have to ask yourself what you want with things like this.

Do you want a replica gold disc or do you just want something that looks nice to hang on yr wall.

Must admit it does look reasonably nice so if yr happy thats all that matters but I do feel sorry for the gullable fools who buy one like the really poor ones that were being touted when HCTB forst came out ( You know the ones I mean, The ones that had a blown up thumbnail of the album cover accompanied by a gold colured disc etched with a really bad copy of Bat 1 artwork and were advertised as "Genuine" gold discs)

Pudding 02 Jun 2010 02:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 499115)
Still in search of a bad Attitude gold disk display :(

I could probably knock one up for less than £10 for you and then charge you £100 if you like ;)

Sarge 02 Jun 2010 07:28

The most funny Meat Loaf "collectible" I've ever seen was a Blind Before I Stop "platinum" LP "award". :))

BoyBehindBars 02 Jun 2010 21:59

does anyone of you collects real gold and platinum awards ?

The Flying Mouse 02 Jun 2010 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoyBehindBars (Post 499226)
does anyone of you collects real gold and platinum awards ?

:twisted: As opposed to cardboard? :lol:

I have a Hits Out Of HEll one that is simalar to the one in this thread (looks nice on the wall :shrug: ), and I have an official limited edition gold Bat Out Of Hell.

If you mean REAL real, i'e the ones that were given to Meat, i'd only be collecting those after a veryt big lottery win :faint:

Monstro 02 Jun 2010 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 499228)
If you mean REAL real, i'e the ones that were given to Meat, i'd only be collecting those after a veryt big lottery win :faint:

I got one lol (WTTN)

AndyK 02 Jun 2010 23:14

I've managed to lay my hands on a gold BooH RIAA award and gold Bad Attitude BPI award, along with multi-platinum Bat II albums and AFL single awards over the years. Nice collection additions but I really need more wall space. :s

Monstro 02 Jun 2010 23:18

Must admit the only ones I've bought are recognised industry ones

snowy 03 Jun 2010 00:21

My husband bought me this for my birthday back in October (No.3 of 50 apparently). I realised that the disk wasn't original - showing 6 tracks instead of 5 - but I haven't had the heart to tell him. It is up on the wall in our living room and I do love it despite the fact it is not genuine.

On the up-side, my neighbour saw it the other day and on finding out I was a fan he gave me his spare red BOOH LP to add to my collection! Now I just have to figure out how to frame that.

Wario 03 Jun 2010 01:09

wonder when teh HCTB gold disk will come out

MeatGrl1 03 Jun 2010 05:33

I don't like it personally but if it makes you happy and floats your boat then that's all that matters :lol: !!

Pudding 03 Jun 2010 06:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 499251)

I'll knock one up this weekend ;)

AndyK 04 Jun 2010 11:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 499251)

There was one on ebay the week before the album was released in the UK!