mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Meat Loaf Live on H (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20545)

aks650 26 Sep 2021 00:26

Meat Loaf Live on H

Meat loaf will be performing live on TBN’s Mike Huckabee Show tonight, if my calculations are correct it’ll be shown at 1am (26.09.2021). You can watch it on their channel..

Cheers

Adam

“ I am going preform almost like a little concert on TBN's Mike Huckabee Show. Now Listen, Huckabee's Show gave me a chance top get back on a stage and sing. NO POLITICS INVOLVED. Just a couple of stories and I am hoping 3 songs. I may have over sang yesterday, but I don't think so. I was going to list the songs but I have to choose the 3 songs today at sound check. So it's on tomorrow night. I hope you watch. Again not about POLITICS.. It's about me getting a chance to preform after 6 years of complete frustration. I mean angry that I couldn't. This might open the DOOR to shows in 2022. Those of you who would like to see me Live in Concert, Cross your Fingers. One more time NOT ABOUT POLITICS.
Love You, God Bless, Meat”

AndrewG 26 Sep 2021 02:44

Meat is back!

WOW!!

Frying Pan:
https://youtu.be/jn_U6eQJrgg

Mercury Blues:
https://youtu.be/oTXKvUUpESI

Los Angeloser:
https://youtu.be/FUWFjheqVYc

aks650 26 Sep 2021 03:22

He’s sounding great! Very impressed!

MarkS 26 Sep 2021 03:50

Holy shit. Big smile on my face right now. Loving that softer more subdued style he’s working with right now. Totally nailed it

Los Angeloser never sounded better live

jcmoorehead 26 Sep 2021 09:50

He sounds absolutely fantastic and also just full credit to the band as well who sound amazing. Really good performance, really really hoping this means we might get just one more album?

PanicLord 26 Sep 2021 10:10

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!! Only listened to Frying Pan really low on my phone to avoid waking the Mrs up but he sounds amazing! Can't wait to blast them all out. To my untrained ear he also seems to be managing his technique really strongly which should hopefully make it more sustainable. I bet he loved being back performing.

Awesome job Meat Loaf, what a triumphant return!!!

mlbf 26 Sep 2021 11:18

Fantastic performance
Best he has sounded since Mad Mad World was on the road
The loaf is back eh

duke knooby 26 Sep 2021 12:21

F***ing awesome!!

Only listened to frying pan so far, but simply had to post how happy I was to see and hear that performance.

Well done Meat and co.

nightinr 26 Sep 2021 14:02

Spectacular performance! Meat looks well, sounds great and overall performance levels was fantastic.

Does anybody know the bandmembers and backing singers?

Meat has clearly been preparing forthis comeback for a while I suspect...

I did hear a rumour a while back that a UK arena tour is pencilled in...

Tina.K. 26 Sep 2021 14:02

OMG!!!! This brings me to tears!!! This is awesome! I truely believed we could never see him back on stage again. He sounds great and you can see he doses his strength, which as a result, makes him sound better than years ago. :cheer::cheer::cheer:

letsgotoofar 26 Sep 2021 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightinr (Post 624914)
Does anybody know the bandmembers and backing singers?

I could readily identify Paul and -- shock of shocks -- Caleb. The rest, I couldn't tell ya.

anotherday 26 Sep 2021 17:29

Cue me S O B B I N G in the car on the way home...

Absolutely wonderful to see this again. Never thought we would.

proctorloaf 26 Sep 2021 19:12

Phenomenal Performance!

ThatWriterGuy 26 Sep 2021 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsgotoofar (Post 624916)
I could readily identify Paul and -- shock of shocks -- Caleb. The rest, I couldn't tell ya.

Randy was there.

Wario 26 Sep 2021 19:40

incredible. i really dig him sitting. if its best for him i love it. can totes do some storyteller shows

letsgotoofar 26 Sep 2021 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 624919)
Randy was there.

Right! Crap, can't believe I forgot to list him.

AndrewG 27 Sep 2021 10:05

Such a great sound from this band lineup. Excellent drums and piano. Huckabee is great on bass. Love the backing vocals too.

Good to see Meat perform so well and not having to rely on a cane when walking.

PanicLord 27 Sep 2021 20:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 624922)
Such a great sound from this band lineup. Excellent drums and piano. Huckabee is great on bass. Love the backing vocals too.

Good to see Meat perform so well and not having to rely on a cane when walking.

Yeah awesome band. You can see how much pain Meat is in still. Kudos for keeping going through it all.

MarkS 27 Sep 2021 21:26

The more I listen, I can't get over how much he has improved. Meat if you happen into this thread, good work sir, you are back with a vengeance

anotherday 28 Sep 2021 02:19

Anyone else watch this over and over and over again?

PanicLord 28 Sep 2021 07:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherday (Post 624925)
Anyone else watch this over and over and over again?

Oh yes, louder and louder :)

nightinr 28 Sep 2021 09:37

Any thoughts on why Meat chose these 3 songs? All 3 songs wouldn't be recognised by the casual viewer?

stretch37 28 Sep 2021 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightinr (Post 624927)
Any thoughts on why Meat chose these 3 songs? All 3 songs wouldn't be recognised by the casual viewer?

He loves singing Los Angeloser. Frying Pan is one of his favorites too (Much to his wife's chagrin). Mercury Blues I'd have to say its because he could sing that asleep and it'd sound great.

Tina.K. 28 Sep 2021 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightinr (Post 624927)

Those songs are not too difficult to sing (maybe except for Frying Pan). There are more songs he can add which are not too difficult to sing and wouldn’t cost him too much energy I guess.

If we would make him a setlist for a serious performance on stage, with songs he is able too sing and not depending on what the audience wants. Which ones can we add. I’ll start:
- Mercury blues
- Los Angeloser
- Amnesty is granted
- I’d lie for you
- Godz
- Dirty job
….

What do you all think?

eltmatt 28 Sep 2021 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch37 (Post 624928)
He loves singing Los Angeloser. Frying Pan is one of his favorites too (Much to his wife's chagrin). Mercury Blues I'd have to say its because he could sing that asleep and it'd sound great.

Howcome she doesnt like Frying Pan and how do you know?