mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tyre Tracks & Broken Hearts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Alternate / Extended /Remixed Versions Database (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15878)

Wario 21 Sep 2010 23:59

The Alternate / Extended /Remixed Versions Database

Sorry its very very late. Hope this helps everyone :mrgreen:

I have gone through the trouble of making this post so that users will cease the questions "What different versions of that song are out there?" "Where can I get a copy?".

Im not gonna go into single edits. their are just too many. While in my opinion some single edits are Superior to their album counterparts BAAB and AFL) others plain suck (DIST for example is terribly edited).

OK here I go:

Razor's Edge REMIX
*Where is it found?: Midnight at the Lost & Found Single
*Where can I get It?: Its really common on Ebay.
*What Does It Sound Like?:

Midnight at the Lost & Found REMIX

Fallen Angel REMIX

If You Really Want To ALTERNATE VERSION
*Where is it found?: The If You Really Want To Single
*Where can I get It?: Fairly common on Ebay.
Like the album version of If You Really Want To. Just i think the guitars maybe a bit higher in the mix. its really not different at all from what i can tell.

Modern Girl EXTENDED VERSION
*Where is it found?: Modern Girl Extended Version Single
*Where can I get It?: Its occasionally on Ebay for cheap.

Nowhere Fast EXTENDED VERSION
*Where is it found?: Nowhere Fast Extended Version Single

Piece of the Action EXTENDED VERSION
*Where is it found?: Piece of the Action Extended Version Single

Blind Before I Stop EXTENDED VERSION
*Where is it found?: Blind Before I Stop Extended Version Single
*Where can I get It?: Its a semi-rare occurrence on Ebay. but it wont break the bank.

Rock & Roll Mercenaries EXPLODED VERSION
*Where is it found?: Rock & Roll Mercenaries Exploded Version Single
*Where can I get It?: Its fairly common on Ebay. Beware, the clear LP is labled "exploded version" but its not.

Rock & Roll Mercenaries DUBBED VERSION
*Where is it found?: Rock & Roll Mercenaries Dubbed Version Single
*Where can I get It?: Its an uncommon occurrence on Ebay. i havent seen it in awhile.
Its basically the dance beats in the exploded version with repeated backing vocals and meat and Parr singing "I'm taking About" over and over. its just meant to be a dance kit. ive lost my MP3. And with youtube, i tried to upload it once, and it got blocked worldwide.

Getting Away With Murder SCOTT-FREE VERSION
*Where is it found?: Getting Away With Murder Scott-Free Version Single
*Where can I get It?: Its an uncommon occurrence on Ebay. WOnt break the bank, though.
Youtube is being a muffin case and blocked it worldwide. Its just an extended opening and added repetitive beats . its semi-remixed as well.

Life is a Lemon REMIX
*Where is it found?: The VBO Meat Loaf CD or the Bat 2 two Disk premium eddition

Its not on youtube. its probably blocked. but I'm sure you can go out and get the VBO disk for cheap.

TESTIFY Promo CD Mixes
*Where is it found?: on a Very rare Testify (the original title for CHSIB) promo CD. It Contains alternate mixed versions of tracks from CHSIB plus Unsaid and Decedent Wish.
*Where can I get It?: I haven't seen it on Ebay yet. been looking for about two years now.
No one has posted it on youtube, and i will once i get my hands on a copy.
Once i post them, ill see if a mod can paste my codes here.

Blind as a Bat KEN BRUCE VERSION
*Where is it found?: Sadly, it was to be a B-Side to the BAAB single. never to be released im afraid.
*Where can I get It?: Unreleased. only broadcast on Radio.

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r...arioSmiley.gif

samurai7 22 Sep 2010 00:11

you forgot Life Is a Lemon, remixed for the VBO ;-)

Monstro 22 Sep 2010 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 521494)
TESTIFY Promo CD Mixes
*Where is it found?: on a Very rare Testify (the original title for CHSIB) promo CD.
*Where can I get It?: I haven't seen it on Ebay yet. been looking for about two years now.
No one has posted it on youtube, and i will once i get my hands on a copy.
Once i post them, ill see if a mod can paste my codes here.

Do you mean there's a cd of mixes of the track Testify or the original album promo cd?

Wario 22 Sep 2010 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 521498)
Do you mean there's a cd of mixes of the track Testify or the original album promo cd?

no, i edited it to make it more clear. its a promo CD titled "testify" that contains alternate mixes of various CHSIB songs plus the two that got cut.

Monstro 22 Sep 2010 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 521499)
no, i edited it to make it more clear. its a promo CD titled "testify" that contains alternate mixes of various CHSIB songs plus the two that got cut.

That's better, yeah I got that one, most I've seen have come from France

dukesofhazard 22 Sep 2010 01:49

Ken Bruce version of Blind As A Bat was available on itunes. Don't think it is anymore though

Dave 22 Sep 2010 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 521500)
That's better, yeah I got that one, most I've seen have come from France

I got the original almost six months prior to the album being released! I made an offer no one could have refused.

Sarge 22 Sep 2010 02:22

Why doesn't the Bat II / WTTN period appear on your list (except for that Lemon version)?

Wario 22 Sep 2010 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 521515)
Why doesn't the Bat II / WTTN period appear on your list (except for that Lemon version)?

because theirs no alternate/remixed/extended versions from that time....

Sarge 22 Sep 2010 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 521517)

In this case I'm wondering what's on all these MCA promo CDs that I have in my drawer. :?

Wario 22 Sep 2010 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 521518)
In this case I'm wondering what's on all these MCA promo CDs that I have in my drawer. :?

:shock: i seriously think im gonna cry

AndrewG 22 Sep 2010 02:54

So much for having the far superior collection. ;-)

Evil One 22 Sep 2010 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 521520)
So much for having the far superior collection. ;-)

:spit:

evil nickname 22 Sep 2010 10:31

Also, there's an "alternative version" of "Don't You Look At Me Like That" on the "Razor's Edge" 12", an extended version of "Take a Number" (or you could count the short version as a single edit), an acoustic version of Objects, the single/duet version of "Is Nothing Sacred" and a couple of songs on the US/MCA version of "Bad Attitude" of course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 521518)

Edits, mostly. And the unplugged version of "Anything for Love".

AndrewG 22 Sep 2010 11:47

I've heard OF these acoustic versions but never actually heard them. Are these just different mixes with some of the instrumentation left out or in fact different recordings?

Sarge 22 Sep 2010 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil nickname (Post 521540)
the US/MCA version of "Bad Attitude"

RCA. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil nickname (Post 521540)
Edits, mostly.

That's why many of them don't differ that much from the original versions with regard to sound but someone was very creative when it comes to the titles: Baseball / football guys for Bat II and old movies for WTTN. (Kiss Me Deadly, for example, one of my favorite Robert Aldrich movies.)

madagascar 22 Sep 2010 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 521542)
I've heard OF these acoustic versions but never actually heard them. Are these just different mixes with some of the instrumentation left out or in fact different recordings?

These acoustic versions are just without most of the guitars, very piano driven. :-)

samurai7 22 Sep 2010 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 521517)

The full length version of ILFY from the UK digipack single is a remix. It has a slightly different guitar solo, and additional lead guitar on other parts. Listen closely and you'll spot the differences.

Sarge 22 Sep 2010 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 521562)
The full length version of ILFY from the UK digipack single is a remix.

Is that the "Fountain Head" mix?

RadioMaster 22 Sep 2010 20:48

never heard of AFL and Objects unplugged. Actually the idea of acoustic versions of overblown steinman productions seems kinda strange to me...

Evil One 22 Sep 2010 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 521604)
never heard of AFL and Objects unplugged. Actually the idea of acoustic versions of overblown steinman productions seems kinda strange to me...

They're not worth getting excited over.

KVegas 24 Nov 2010 03:28

Not sure if you'd count these but what about the remixed versions of the "Bad Attitude" tracks that have popped up on compilation disks? Especially "Surf's Up", found it on a German CD called "back from hell: very best of" (no relation to the 2 disc set we're all familiar with) and it's way different than the original.

AndyK 24 Nov 2010 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by KVegas (Post 530019)
Not sure if you'd count these but what about the remixed versions of the "Bad Attitude" tracks that have popped up on compilation disks? Especially "Surf's Up", found it on a German CD called "back from hell: very best of" (no relation to the 2 disc set we're all familiar with) and it's way different than the original.

They originate form the RCA (American) release of Bad Attitude where the tracks were remastered and remixed prior to release.