mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Patti Russo (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19717)

anotherday 05 Dec 2020 19:09

O_O

madagascar 06 Dec 2020 00:22

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
John 8:32

Dick 06 Dec 2020 18:24

I hope he continues to post. I'm enjoying the read

letsgotoofar 09 Dec 2020 20:39

As am I.

Incidentally, the blogging bloke (who may have posted here before and interacted with me in a rather friendly familiar fashion, just FYI) would like anyone interested in the story to know that they can write to him via the address on his website if they want to ask him about anything that they've read recently. He doesn't want to get drawn into it online and have threads and the like locked, pulled down, etc., really not his thing, but right now he is more than happy to entertain questions from people about what they've read.

A little positive interaction can make all the difference. ;)

MarkS 10 Dec 2020 02:16

Wild story, intrigued to here more

Nick 11 Dec 2020 02:28

While we wait to hear more...

Does anyone know where to find Patti singing The Future?

I love her rendition.

AndrewG 11 Dec 2020 03:56

Maybe Patti could get a job on Alex Jones' Info Wars stuff, singing about conspiracy theories at the rate she's going with her tweets.
(on a serious note I don't agree with anybody getting silenced for writing/saying such things, CNN is just as crazy as Alex Jones at times!)

letsgotoofar 11 Dec 2020 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick (Post 624408)
While we wait to hear more...

Does anyone know where to find Patti singing The Future?

I love her rendition.

This I can help with. Check your PM.

ThatWriterGuy 18 May 2021 10:19

Find the first podcast here.
We talk about Jim.
Patti talks about her upcoming projects, an album, and new music.

AndrewG 18 May 2021 14:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 624647)
Find the first podcast here.
We talk about Jim.
Patti talks about her upcoming projects, an album, and new music.

No, I heard YOU talk about her upcoming projects, an album and new music. :lol:

It was really interesting, thanks.

Jim's email to Patti sounded very funny! I can just imagine him typing that. :lol::lol::lol:

To be fair as pretty as that other singer was, I was thinking the sort of same thing at the time. Still don't think that duet sounds right at all.
Meat was stellar at RAH in 2006 - and experiencing it literally from the front just in front of his feet was absolutely memorable - but the politics of that album, and things going on were so weird and it sounded Meat regretted the rush to do it without Jim afterwards. I'm so, so glad they ended their working relationship on a more collaborative note.

It is nice to know Jim & Patti had contact. Good to hear Jim really liked Patti!

ThatWriterGuy 18 May 2021 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 624648)
No, I heard YOU talk about her upcoming projects, an album and new music. :lol:

Ah, ya got me.

Glad you enjoyed it :up:

aks650 21 May 2021 00:56

Very much enjoyed that!

nightinr 21 May 2021 19:06

Great podcast enjoyed it!

Looking forward to the next installments when hopefully we will get to hear about Patti's work with Meat.

Will Patti be able to tell her whole truth or are proceedings restraining her?

ThatWriterGuy 21 May 2021 20:38

You'll have to tune in to find out ;)

nightinr 23 May 2021 21:28

Out of curiosity do you have a list of Jim's 16 number ones?

Cheers

Gazza717 22 Jan 2022 15:18

After her tweet, this thread should be removed

unbekannt 22 Jan 2022 15:55

What the heck is wrong with her? All those tweets …?! :? :lurk:
I once was a huge fan of hers. But it was long ago and it was far away, and it was so much better than it is today … ;)
To say it in her words: ovaries and out!
There's nothing more to say. Actually, there would be a lot more to say, but it's not worth it.

AndrewG 22 Jan 2022 16:18

I knew Patti was bitter but what she wrote is like she tried to find a bar even lower than humanely possibly ever existed at a time of grief.

Congratulations to her I guess. She found that even lower bar.

What an embarrassment to the fans who tried to help her.

:roll:

Jayd 22 Jan 2022 21:30

I lost a lot of respect for Patti today, those tweets were awful and shameful, especially towards Meat’s wife at this time. Disgusted beyond belief. I hope in time her bitterness heals and she will realize what she posted was wrong!!!

Jayd 22 Jan 2022 21:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gazza717 (Post 625195)
After her tweet, this thread should be removed

I don’t believe the thread should be removed as Patti was part of The Neverland Express, no matter what went on between her and Meat. But I am very disappointed in her actions today!!!

MarkS 22 Jan 2022 21:50

Did it get worse than the F U tweet? As if that wasn’t bad enough

aks650 23 Jan 2022 01:59

I personally have no respect for Patti and those tweets.. she needs to get over it

Frying Bat 23 Jan 2022 23:46

It is a big shame... that a talented woman like Patti is such a vindictive person, i guess i if she had put all her energy in her career instead of a vendetta, she could have been a major solo star by now.
I will be honest i certainly don't agree with her actions but it doesn't prevent me from listenen to the songs she and Meat Loaf performed.

AndrewG 24 Jan 2022 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frying Bat (Post 625221)
It is a big shame... that a talented woman like Patti is such a vindictive person, i guess i if she had put all her energy in her career instead of a vendetta, she could have been a major solo star by now.
I will be honest i certainly don't agree with her actions but it doesn't prevent me from listenen to the songs she and Meat Loaf performed.

She definitely didn't talk this way back in 2014. She would have been booted off the BBC Leicester radio show I helped her get onto I'm sure. In fact I would have been prepared to personally apologise to the radio host if she had had this potty mouth that she has now.
In contrast she seemed to negotiate any negativity at that time very diplomatically with her words. Kudos. :!:

Any amount of talent can never overcome being nasty, selfish and downright hurtful regardless of the excuse you may have.

But even worse things have happened to talented artists in the past. Look at Phil Spector becoming a murderer.

There is no reason to change your listening or watching habits. ;)

I can only assume that Patti's descend into conspiracy theories is evidence of some wider issue that she thinks the whole world is against her despite the attempts of fans to really help make a difference to her career. Eventually she chucked contact with them away as she thought Mark Zuckerberg was after her or something.

Well, keep spouting nastiness and burning bridges and eventually that whole world is against you thing will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

It perhaps already has...

LP 24 Jan 2022 01:32

It’s super sad, they were such a strong team. I sincerely hope she finds some peace and happiness. I’ve been around long enough now to have seen a few people get ‘stuck’ at a certain period of time and really struggle to move on… it is absolutely possible to do so but will take work on her part. She is a very talented lady whose gift appear almost effortless, particularly compared to Meat who (in his own words) made everything look really hard. I jumped onto her Twitter in the sincere hope to see something like ‘we had our differences but I’m going to really miss you’. Again, deeply sad for both the words and her mental state. There is ALWAYS a positive way forward and I hope she finds it. Luke