mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tyre Tracks & Broken Hearts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   9. I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392)

White of High 25 Aug 2002 23:23

9. I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us

This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic. Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!!

I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us (9)

I think this is the best music on the album. The lyrics is very good, but the story is too simple - it's my opinion. The music seems to me like it would be from BOOH. In the end Meat's voice is great. When I had got only Hits Out Of Hell CD from the past - and then I couldn't listen it, I didn't like - it was my favourite (and Razor's Edge). It's great!

My score: 9

Average: 9.22 (147.5/16)

The Flying Mouse 26 Aug 2002 01:05

:twisted: GOD I LOOOOVE THIS SONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
I agree with WHITE OF HIGH on this one,it's definatley the best song on the album.
The first line of the second chorus ("I'll let her shine like a jewel in the crown of the holy sun") is to die for.My other favorite part is the verse begining "When the screws are tightning" pure magic.
As someone who has tried to sing this song,I can honestly say that it's one killer of a song.Which makes me respect Meat all the more.
10/10 The Mrs likes this one,but I'm Gonna' Love It For Both Of Us.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

heat 26 Aug 2002 09:19

I gotta say, i think this is one of my greats. I love the way Meat puts so much emotion into this. If i close my eyes when i'm listening to this, i can see it all being acted out in front of me. :D

A superb 10 / 10. :twisted:

Heat
xxx

Michel 26 Aug 2002 18:38

A typical Steinman song. That is why this song is so great. Great music and offcourse the lyrics are great.

The best version of this song is from a bootleg Birmingham 1988. His voice is great on that show, and also on this song.

Why did Meat stop playing this song live in the 90ties?

I will give it an 8/9 (I told in the For Crying Out Loud subject why I don't give a 10)

QT 11 Oct 2002 10:19

I think "Dead Ringer" is one of the greatest albums of meat loaf, however the album's reputation isn't as good as for example BOOH. This song shows surely what a great album Dead Ringer is!

Score: 8,5

Bart 14 Feb 2003 13:48

the last part of the song is the best with the background vocals.
In fact parts of the song JS recycled it in Faster then the speed of night.
Almost the best song of the album (best is read em and weep).
9/10

Garrett 16 Feb 2003 00:40

Where are they? I asked: WHERE ARE THEY?? WHERE ARE THE WORDS?? Where are the words I need to describe that song?? Sorry, but there aren't any words!! I can't find them!! I can only express it with a number!!

10+/10

tukayaway 16 Feb 2003 01:49

This is the most under-rated song Meat has sung. I just love this song, especially when the screws are tightening....I can never sing that part without choking. It just has so much emotion behind it. Will he ever do this live again?

Michel 16 Feb 2003 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by tukayaway
This is the most under-rated song Meat has sung. I just love this song, especially when the screws are tightening....I can never sing that part without choking. It just has so much emotion behind it. Will he ever do this live again?

I hope he will do this song live again!

Bart 04 Mar 2003 13:39

Last week i received the recording of the Birmingham concert in 1988 from Michel. First i have to say to him: thank you very very very much! Second thing, i saw this tour myself back in 1988 in Dusseldorf, germany.
Third thing: the live version of this song is the best of the concert. Djeezzzz....what a vocals. I have never heard anyone singing like that!
Especially the last 4 or 5 minutes of the song: chills upon my spine for 5 minutes (it's muuuuuch longer then the average orgasm of human kind).
I give this song a 10.

I am gonna give her everything everything everything that'you're gonna to give. ooohh aaaaah i am gonna love her for both of us.

Tim 04 Mar 2003 21:38

Quote:

Especially the last 4 or 5 minutes of the song: chills upon my spine for 5 minutes (it's muuuuuch longer then the average orgasm of human kind).
Comon man, grow up!!! :evil:

tukayaway 09 Mar 2003 05:33

I cant help but notice that this song has generated a lot of interest. Now, if Meat reads these forums, and sees how popular this song is. Could we maybe influence his line-up of songs at his next concert?

MEAT, PLEASE CONSIDER THIS SONG AGAIN!

Bart 09 Mar 2003 20:50

To Tim

He Tim,

I refuse!

Michel 15 Jun 2003 22:45

Meat, what do you think of this song?

CarylB 16 Jun 2003 01:49

Quote:

The lyrics is very good, but the story is too simple -
So? .. it's art describing life .. may be simple, but the emotions such a simple lyric evoke are hardly simple .. and I think the lyrics are very special. For me it's close to a 12/10.

And Bart .. sorry old thing .. but speak for yourself! :))))))

Bart 18 Jun 2003 16:42

:mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Bart 18 Jun 2003 16:43

i will stay forever young :mrgreen:

and, unfortunately, forever bald :?

CarylB 18 Jun 2003 16:56

shoot .. there's another illusion dashed .. rolling ... :))))))

Bart 18 Jun 2003 17:07

But i got a lot of money, maybe that helps :wink:

CarylB 18 Jun 2003 17:17

Sure .. you could buy a syrup .. lol :))))

Michel 18 Jun 2003 20:28

http://www.mlukfc.com/forums/images/postwhore.gif

CarylB 18 Jun 2003 21:43

I beg your pardon Michel .. is that addressed to me? or is it some famous humour? And if it's to me .. what does this make Bart, pray?

Interesting though .. it's I think the first time I've had a bit of back and forth on this board ..

Bart 19 Jun 2003 16:18

What's that? :??:

CarylB 19 Jun 2003 16:55

Bart wrote:
Quote:

What's that?
I think I as asking the same really Bart .. having come on to see POSTWHORE writ large upon the page and was curious as to what had prompted it .. I've been called a few names here recently .. and wondered what occasioned this one :)

Bart 19 Jun 2003 17:01

O, I am sorry. I posted on the wrong item. You wrote somewhere about Syrup and i don't know what it is....