mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tyre Tracks & Broken Hearts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   HIAH v Bad Attitude? (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17891)

chairboys 18 Feb 2012 19:46

HIAH v Bad Attitude?

Not really sure why this popped in to my head, but consider it a quarter final clash and who do wish to progress to the semi finals?

Evil One 18 Feb 2012 19:57

I reckon they're both about on a par with each other.

chairboys 18 Feb 2012 20:09

Tough one, but I am giving it to BA....just

The Flying Mouse 18 Feb 2012 20:12

:twisted: I'll tell you when i've listened to HIHB.

BA has some damn decent tunes though.

chairboys 18 Feb 2012 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 564032)
:twisted: I'll tell you when i've listened to HIHB.

BA has some damn decent tunes though.

You are definitely a Bad Attitude man then!

Cherry.Loaf 18 Feb 2012 22:30

Hmm having not listened to Hiahb I'm gonna say Ba for now

renegadeangel 19 Feb 2012 01:45

Bad Attitude.
Not only for the two Steinman songs but also for the strongest non steinman material. HIAHB is very close and is very good, but just a step behind.

Mr. Happy 19 Feb 2012 03:23

Assuming that the world-wide mix for HIAHB is comparable to the Australian mix, then Bad Attitude for me.

Vickip 19 Feb 2012 21:57

HIAHB

duke knooby 19 Feb 2012 22:38

ive yet to hear handbasket, but bad attitude is a very good meat loaf record, so thats a great sign that i'm gonna enjoy the new record.

if it was teddy bear vs bad attitude, i'd have gone for bad attitude

Evil Ernie 20 Feb 2012 07:39

BA for me. HIAH is a great record, but besides the Steinman records I think that BA is the best...

BostonAngel 22 Feb 2012 09:34

HIAH for me definitely. I think there are maybe 3 songs on BA that I really enjoy listening to.

RSG 22 Feb 2012 09:59

I recall reading before that Bad Attitude had alternate mixes in various places. Yes?

JennaG 22 Feb 2012 10:20

HIAHB for me.

I've got Bad Attitude but I can't even remember the last time I listened to it whereas my HIAHB has been listened to so much that the disc is now looking a bit scratched and worn out.

Evil One 22 Feb 2012 10:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skybird14 (Post 564399)
the disc is now looking a bit scratched and worn out.

I see you have one of those old fashioned CD players with a Brillo pad instead of a laser. :rly:

RSG 22 Feb 2012 10:53

I've gone thru many BOOH's and a handful of back into hell's. i already have to pick up another hang cool teddy bear cause the case is real worn and the first disc can't play anything after track 7.

Evil Ernie 25 Feb 2012 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSG (Post 564398)
I recall reading before that Bad Attitude had alternate mixes in various places. Yes?

Yes. Check out Warios YT channel. That's where I got most of my tracks from.

My favorites are the 'Modern Girl' and 'Nowhere Fast' remixes...

samurai7 25 Feb 2012 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ernie (Post 564794)
Yes. Check out Warios YT channel. That's where I got most of my tracks from.

My favorites are the 'Modern Girl' and 'Nowhere Fast' remixes...

I'm assuming you mean the 12" versions as opposed to the US remixes, as Nowhere Fast had the same mix on both the US and UK/European versions of the album. Modern Girl had a different mix on each respective version, as did Bad Attitude, Surf's Up, Piece of The Action, and Sailor to a Siren. Jumpin' The Gun, Cheating In Your Dreams and Don't Leave Your Mark on Me sound the same to me. My opinion as to which I prefer changes upon every listen, although I definitely prefer the UK versions of Modern Girl and Piece of The Action.

Evil Ernie 26 Feb 2012 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 564809)
I'm assuming you mean the 12" versions as opposed to the US remixes, as Nowhere Fast had the same mix on both the US and UK/European versions of the album. Modern Girl had a different mix on each respective version, as did Bad Attitude, Surf's Up, Piece of The Action, and Sailor to a Siren. Jumpin' The Gun, Cheating In Your Dreams and Don't Leave Your Mark on Me sound the same to me. My opinion as to which I prefer changes upon every listen, although I definitely prefer the UK versions of Modern Girl and Piece of The Action.

I havent looked that far into it. I don't ask where they came from, I just listen.

duke knooby 27 Feb 2012 22:57

i've had my first listen to handbasket... and my initial impressions are i prefer bad attitude as it has more stand out songs

lisa01 29 Feb 2012 01:55

I like every album meat loaf has made over the years i find it hard to just pick one album i like the best so iam going to say all of meatloafs albums are fantastic in there own way from lisa01

glockenspiel 02 Mar 2012 08:21

'Hell In A Handbasket' doesn't hold a candle to 'Bad Attitude'. 'BA' is full to the brim with great tunes. There are only three bona fide classics on 'HIAH', for me ~ 'Live Or Die', '40 Days', and 'Our Love And Our Souls' - meaning; they are consistent, entertaining and arresting throughout, in concept, structure and performance, with some sense of continuity with the distinctive sound or 'sheen' of a Meat Loaf record.