mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Have we got anything to look forward to? (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20350)

nightinr 16 Aug 2017 22:06

Have we got anything to look forward to?

Braver is a distant memory.....the musical is about to leave the UK. Is that the end of the road for us or is there anything new we can look forward to?

loaferman61 16 Aug 2017 22:30

A book about Meat is listed for November on Amazon in the UK but not on the US site. Not sure about any details of it yet.

The musical soundtrack which was promised way too soon for any Steinman project is still coming "soon" (supposing they are either going to make sure the final setlist is there or just decided to wait).

I get the idea Meat may have been looking at the archives he asked about some of his mostly unknown early stuff on the board, but I doubt anyone has a 100% pristine copy. Also not sure who would want some of it other than being a completest. I am really hoping some of the old soundboards and pro shot video is going to become available but rights issues may be a problem.

Finally Meat is in an upcoming TV show, I'm more about the music but happy to see he is doing well enough to work in acting.

Sebastian. 17 Aug 2017 00:11

Game of Thrones is pretty epic at the moment.

proctorloaf 17 Aug 2017 01:33

Apparently there will be a new best of and a release of Bat with some real special tracks in October...

PanicLord 17 Aug 2017 03:59

Oh nightinr... have you forgotten?

There's always something magic
There's always something new

byo1975 17 Aug 2017 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanicLord (Post 621913)
Oh nightinr... have you forgotten?

There's always something magic
There's always something new

nightinr??? what is that?

karinne hannah is gonna make a new disc with steinmans song?

stretch37 17 Aug 2017 15:46

Ghost Wars looks cool. We can talk about Meat's character, etc.

loaferman61 17 Aug 2017 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by byo1975 (Post 621915)
nightinr??? what is that?

karinne hannah is gonna make a new disc with steinmans song?

She released "Braver Than We Are" as a single and apparently dropped the project at least for now. Given the lack of quality of her version that is not a bad thing.

Danny L 17 Aug 2017 16:44

The cast of Bat Out of Hell have been in the studio doing the cast album

byo1975 17 Aug 2017 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by loaferman61 (Post 621917)
She released "Braver Than We Are" as a single and apparently dropped the project at least for now. Given the lack of quality of her version that is not a bad thing.

TY!!!!

Monstro 17 Aug 2017 22:29

Christmas!!

BostonAngel 17 Aug 2017 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by loaferman61 (Post 621917)

Karinne did not drop her project because of lack of quality. Her album was almost finished. From the few final tracks I heard it was well produced. She has an amazing voice.
The version of Braver that you heard may have been the demo that she did 13 years ago.
She dropped her project because of all the nastiness and negativity she received from Steinman fans, including death threats!!! She just did not want to deal with that level of insanity to release a project. It is sad and appalling that people will behave so shockingly bad and immaturely when they don't like like something. Resorting to death threats is deplorable and absolutely uncalled for.
The final versions hadn't even be released yet and people were hating on the small snippets that they had heard. They would not even attempt to give HER project a fair chance.

BostonAngel 17 Aug 2017 23:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch37 (Post 621916)
Ghost Wars looks cool. We can talk about Meat's character, etc.

I am really looking forward to this show and discussing Meat's character

loaferman61 18 Aug 2017 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonAngel (Post 621922)
Karinne did not drop her project because of lack of quality. Her album was almost finished. From the few final tracks I heard it was well produced. She has an amazing voice.
The version of Braver that you heard may have been the demo that she did 13 years ago.
She dropped her project because of all the nastiness and negativity she received from Steinman fans, including death threats!!! She just did not want to deal with that level of insanity to release a project. It is sad and appalling that people will behave so shockingly bad and immaturely when they don't like like something. Resorting to death threats is deplorable and absolutely uncalled for.
The final versions hadn't even be released yet and people were hating on the small snippets that they had heard. They would not even attempt to give HER project a fair chance.

I have her version of "Braver" that I bought from Amazon music this year. It is not as good as the old demo. What I have is definitely a version released after Meat's. I have the screenshot but the link won't post here properly.

byo1975 19 Aug 2017 02:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonAngel (Post 621922)

https://www.amazon.com/Karine-Hannah...3098801&sr=8-3

stretch37 19 Aug 2017 02:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonAngel (Post 621923)
I am really looking forward to this show and discussing Meat's character

Me too! :) I think it'll be a cool new chapter in Meat's career. His acting performances will probably get more interesting now that he can put his whole self into it instead of worrying about doing shows and music related things

loaferman61 19 Aug 2017 06:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by byo1975 (Post 621931)

Maybe I heard wrong because I thought it was removed at least temporarily.

BostonAngel 19 Aug 2017 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by loaferman61 (Post 621934)
Maybe I heard wrong because I thought it was removed at least temporarily.

After the project had been scrapped, I know it had been taken down from all the music sights. Interesting that the song is still on Amazon. Thanks for the link

Cherry.Loaf 20 Aug 2017 13:27

Counting down the days till Bat gets a London Residency?

BostonAngel 20 Aug 2017 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherry.Loaf (Post 621937)
Counting down the days till Bat gets a London Residency?

As long as it hits Broadway in New York City 1st. Hoping it hits NYC after Toronto. I really really want to see it and travelling to Toronto isn't an option.

Cherry.Loaf 21 Aug 2017 11:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonAngel (Post 621938)
As long as it hits Broadway in New York City 1st. Hoping it hits NYC after Toronto. I really really want to see it and travelling to Toronto isn't an option.

Oh I think that will definetly happen first :)

gigs89 21 Aug 2017 13:05

Is this christmas album ever coming out? That would be something to look forward to. It's been talked about for Years now but every year Christmas comes and goes without it.

loaferman61 21 Aug 2017 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by gigs89 (Post 621941)
Is this christmas album ever coming out? That would be something to look forward to. It's been talked about for Years now but every year Christmas comes and goes without it.

I always had the impression that the Christmas album was a thought on the drawing board. I don't know if anything actually got done, but doubt it. The plan was to have songs with people like Reba, Garth Brooks, etc. which I doubt logistically would have been all that easy to arrange and if it had been done with those names someone would be releasing it.

Then again I could be 100% wrong. If it happens this will be the only Christmas album I ever buy.

stretch37 22 Aug 2017 10:48

You just never know with Meat. He's a mystery

CarylB 22 Aug 2017 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch37 (Post 621943)
You just never know with Meat. He's a mystery

An enigma of wonder wrapped in a mystery, and thus always able to surprise and delight us :D