mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Patti Russo (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19717)

Monstro 17 Jan 2015 18:54

Patti Russo

Patti's saying that she's heading back to the UK and to "watch this space".

Really hope it's more of what she gave us on her tour, brilliant shows!!!!

unbekannt 17 Jan 2015 19:33

We've already found some dates on https://www.facebook.com/groups/pattirussofans/, but nothing official and not confirmed yet. Just in case you're wondering where and when it COULD be… ;)

unbekannt 20 Jan 2015 11:19

One of the dates is already on sale. But remember… nothing is confirmed yet.
https://www.theapex.co.uk/whats-on/e...09/patti-russo

unbekannt 20 Jan 2015 18:06

Confirmed!
https://twitter.com/Patti_Russo/stat...49199584419840

Elijah's way 20 Jan 2015 18:13

How does one "tour" when they've never released a album?

duke knooby 20 Jan 2015 20:00

Since when did a performer have to release an album to be allowed to tour?

I'm sure Patti has more than enough material to entertain her audiences, and for all we know, she may have another ep to release.

I think the pledgemusic platform would be ideal for Patti if she did wish to put an album out.

Great news that she's planning to come over for some shows

CarylB 21 Jan 2015 02:13

A tour is a journey to fulfill a round of engagements in several places .. nothing says it has to have an album to back it up. Meat toured his early band without making a record .. before bands were manufactured by Cowell and the like it's how many groups built a reputation, got noticed and were asked to make a record.

Julie in the rv mirror 21 Jan 2015 03:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 607546)
.. before bands were manufactured by Cowell and the like it's how many groups built a reputation, got noticed and were asked to make a record.

Caryl raises an excellent point; in fact, it was probably the norm.

LucyK! 21 Jan 2015 07:43

Route Of Kings, Hair Of The Dog, Casa De Carne, Last At Bat.

duke knooby 21 Jan 2015 14:31

I don't rem route of kings, when was it?

LucyK! 21 Jan 2015 14:44

2002...Hyde Park, Leeds...and I forget the rest!

CarylB 21 Jan 2015 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 607551)
I don't rem route of kings, when was it?

The promoters billed it Route of Kings, which covered a number of artists playing outdoor venues that summer .. Meat called it Havin' Fun ;) Those Lucy mentioned plus Cardiff, Dublin, Liverpool?

Meat's often played tours just to play and entertain without having an album specifically to promote. I took Elijahs Way's comment to refer to the fact Patti had never released a full album as such, and since 78 Meat has obviously always had a catalogue of album songs he can showcase .. but nonetheless there is nothing to suggest that any artist needs to have ever released an album to do a tour .. and time was when most hadn't. It remains still a way to build and grow a following, and to reach one's fanbase and build this by getting out there and doing what one does, whether one is a rock singer, a group or a musician.

Dave 21 Jan 2015 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah's way (Post 607540)
How does one "tour" when they've never released a album?

I have gone on two "tours" and have never recorded an album, nor do I have any serious plans to.

LucyK! 21 Jan 2015 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 607553)

The promoters billed it Route of Kings, which covered a number of artists playing outdoor venues that summer .. Meat called it Havin' Fun ;) Those Lucy mentioned plus Cardiff, Dublin, Liverpool?

That's driven me mental all day! I typed Just Havin' Fun, then changed it, then changed it back...I remembered they wrote Route Of Kings on the book but if those shows weren't Just Havin' Fun I couldn't work out which were!

duke knooby 21 Jan 2015 23:32

that explains why i missed it... he didn't do that tour over here

Dick 22 Jan 2015 00:01

Just havin fun in Dublin was my first Meat gig. I remember Patti opening as she did...fabulously. So yea, just a tuppence for the pot.

Gez 28 Jan 2015 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 607552)
2002...Hyde Park, Leeds...and I forget the rest!

OMG thats was 2002............:shock:........great gig :D

Gez 28 Jan 2015 18:10

Who's all going to Leeds..........feel I need a Patti-Hit :)

Sebastian. 28 Jan 2015 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gez (Post 607690)
Who's all going to Leeds..........feel I need a Patti-Hit :)

Will be doing it, shall book it off at work tomorrow.

Sebastian. 01 Feb 2015 20:38

Leeds all booked. We need more MLUKFC troops.

Cherry.Loaf 02 Feb 2015 19:17

I really wanna go will have words with the other half later

emma811981 03 Feb 2015 21:38

I'm booked for leeds :D

Gez 16 Feb 2015 17:36

Anyone booked Hotels or recommend one?

Sebastian. 16 Feb 2015 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gez (Post 608008)
Anyone booked Hotels or recommend one?

I just booked the ibis budget in Leeds, normally pretty decent.

christa 18 Feb 2015 21:48

Anyone going to Milton Keynes on April 8th?
My2 boys and I have booked and as its school holidays we will be travelling doen early and having a meal somewhere nearby.

unbekannt 28 Feb 2015 15:05

I have 1 ticket for Patti at The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on April 11th for sale. Front row center (seat A8 ). £20.

Monstro 01 Mar 2015 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by unbekannt (Post 608157)
I have 1 ticket for Patti at The Apex, Bury St Edmunds on April 11th for sale. Front row center (seat A8 ). £20.

Yes please, happily take this off your hands!!!!!

unbekannt 02 Mar 2015 11:17

Sold to Monstro! :metal:

unbekannt 12 Mar 2015 11:25

Hi there! Due to changes of plans, I have one more ticket for sale:
Patti at The Stables​, Milton Keynes, on April 8th. Front row, seat 10.
£20 – which is less than the original price. No fees, no charges. ;-)

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Kamer...0gcsbZs9ufMpMw

AndrewG 12 Mar 2015 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by unbekannt (Post 608309)
Hi there! Due to changes of plans, I have one more ticket for sale:
Patti at The Stables​, Milton Keynes, on April 8th. Front row, seat 10.
£20 – which is less than the original price. No fees, no charges. ;-)

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Kamer...0gcsbZs9ufMpMw

At this rate you'll be selling more tickets than Patti herself, Jesus and God combined for these shows. :devil:

unbekannt 18 Mar 2015 18:44

£15
Anyone?!

knockknock1997 31 Mar 2015 15:50

Who's going to milton keynes?

unbekannt 31 Mar 2015 16:42

I still have a ticket for Milton Keynes for sale… front row! Now only £12!

Guy 10 Apr 2015 21:08

2 tix for Patti tomorrow. Front row.
Free. Subject to my choice of beer you will buy me at the bar.
;0)

ShelbyLee 21 Apr 2015 18:24

Great performance!

YouTube Video

Smithie 14 May 2015 18:08

Did anyone attend these shows? Any reviews and setlists?

lorenzoduke 14 May 2015 20:47

Anyone going to Leeds?

Sebastian. 14 May 2015 21:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorenzoduke (Post 609065)
Anyone going to Leeds?

Myself, Guy, Gez, and team King will be there!

ShelbyLee 19 May 2015 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithie (Post 609064)
Did anyone attend these shows? Any reviews and setlists?

There are quite a few videos of the shows online: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ry=patti+russo

YouTube Video

Sebastian. 20 May 2015 15:09

My little review....

So the day started for me not too well, after hitting Lincoln until the early hours I was very hungover and after little sleep it was time to travel to Leeds, no matter though it was gig day, crack on troops. After arriving in Leeds, trecking along a dual carriage way whilst singing Goldfinger, and having a cheeky Nando's with the lads + Lucy it was time to see Ms. Russo.

The support act came on first, entitled "Fay and Latta", very good acoustic band with a great catalogue of their own songs and a few covers, a great start to what was about to come.

Then came the main event, the tour-de-force herself... Ms. Patti Russo. Staright into Bible and a Beer woth a voice as powerful as 2 Typhoon's taling off to intercept Russian aircraft (although much better for a hungover Sebastian). A great young band behind her with our own Rick Henry on the drums. She just kept coming at us with songs such as: "Here we are, One Door, don't let them put out the flame, Alabama Shakes Hold On, Madaline and a few more"' an amazing performance and what a voice, if you haven't seen her get out and see her when she comes back!

After the show she came out and greeted us all, had picutres and signed autographs, and thanked us for coming out, a couple of us lucky fans rven got a kiss.

Eventually it was time to say goodbye to everyone again, and myself amd Guy had a train to catch, that being the Jagertrain, which eventually got us to our hotel at 5AM!

Cracking night, troops. Until next time!

Tina.K. 26 Sep 2016 14:06

A blog from Patti. She must have been through a rough period, the last few years. Glad she's doing okay now.

http://patti-rocks.com/god-it-again-by-patti-russo/

ThatWriterGuy 26 Sep 2016 14:54

"Patti is quite a talented writer, she should write a b --" and then I got the end of the post and realised that, "oh, she is."

Quite a sad read in a way, as she was (and is) obviously going through a horrendous and debilitating time. Though it's quite dispiriting to realise that, through the entire post, the person she's really talking about is Meat. Still, at least it seems to be acting as some kind of a therapy for her. Maybe afterwards she'll be able to leave all of this in the past and move on. I hope so, and she has my best wishes (as does Meat) :cool:

ashkent7 26 Sep 2016 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 618472)
"Patti is quite a talented writer, she should write a b --" and then I got the end of the post and realised that, "oh, she is."

Quite a sad read in a way, as she was (and is) obviously going through a horrendous and debilitating time. Though it's quite dispiriting to realise that, through the entire post, the person she's really talking about is Meat. Still, at least it seems to be acting as some kind of a therapy for her. Maybe afterwards she'll be able to leave all of this in the past and move on. I hope so, and she has my best wishes (as does Meat) :cool:

I remember seeing the initial fallout of "that email", and remember feeling for them both from different sides of the story. I think possibly the fact it came so soon after Meat's comments on the DVD about how he had been forced to push Patti out once and wouldn't be allowing it happen again made a lot of people instantly side with Patti. There are always reasons, and like I say I genuinely felt bad for both of them. Life isn't a rehearsal and you just have to be ready to improv when it doesn't go as planned. I think they have both managed to do that in one way or another. But fully agree on best wishes for both.

CarylB 26 Sep 2016 15:43

As you say, there are always reasons (not ours to know, and Meat has always kept professional counsel as to his). I, too, was sad for both of them, but again as you have said, life isn't a rehearsal and you just have to be ready to deal with it when it doesn't go as planned.

I agree it does read as therapy. I've always wished Patti success, and hope she doesn't allow this to continually cloud her future. Is therapy better done in public? Personally I don't think so :( It tends not to get you attention of the kind that you really need to move forward, but rather the sympathy that can keep you stuck where you are. I really hope she can move on, because she has such talent ..

anotherday 26 Sep 2016 16:33

When the NLE lost Patti, for some, it was like losing a family member. She had been there for so long, it just didn't make sense as to why she was suddenly gone and many lashed out at Meat for "his" decision.

I always felt terrible for both of them, and had the pleasure of seeing the last US tour she did with him. (It was right after I joined here, actually).

It makes me sad to realize that who she is talking about in that post is Meat...Its hard to imagine him being that way. But I hope that this isn't an attempt to "get back" at him after he has hung up his singing career microphone.

IDK...I just want the best for BOTH of them.

Adje 26 Sep 2016 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tina.K. (Post 618470)
A blog from Patti. She must have been through a rough period, the last few years. Glad she's doing okay now.

I think it's good she got it off her chest now. :cool:

CarylB 26 Sep 2016 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherday (Post 618476)
It makes me sad to realize that who she is talking about in that post is Meat...Its hard to imagine him being that way.

Then don't even try would be my advice, because he's not :-)

Danny L 26 Sep 2016 22:11

I'd love to hear Meats side of the story. I know a Meat Loaf show is a Meat Loaf show but it seems wrong without Patti.

I love Ellen and Karla but I miss her

roomster 26 Sep 2016 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 618483)
Then don't even try would be my advice, because he's not :-)

How can you be so sure about that?

I have seen so much strange/harsh/rude postings on this site from the man himself (posts which was very quickly modified or removed by the mods) that I can say that I sadly have no trouble believing the story told on Pattis blog...

CarylB 26 Sep 2016 23:41

That's your prerogative (though it seems based largely on passionate/angry responses to harsh criticism or rudeness. He also posts kindly, and graciously too). I have never heard anyone who works with Meat, from actors/directors to band members, crew, even drivers and venue staff say anything but how kind, decent, unassuming, honest he is to work with .. save 3 people he let go.

I am sure. What you believe is your choice. I don't challenge it, nor question it. But mine is completely different.

A nice thread to start up again the day before his birthday

nightinr 29 Sep 2016 22:14

Hopefully Patti can work through a traumatic spell. It must be horrible to be sacked by email regardless of the circumstances.

Patti will always have a huge place in my memories of Meat's live shows...truly incredible vocals and what a performer!

All the best Patti x

Evil Ernie 08 Oct 2016 02:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 618508)
That's your prerogative (though it seems based largely on passionate/angry responses to harsh criticism or rudeness. He also posts kindly, and graciously too). I have never heard anyone who works with Meat, from actors/directors to band members, crew, even drivers and venue staff say anything but how kind, decent, unassuming, honest he is to work with .. save 3 people he let go.

I am sure. What you believe is your choice. I don't challenge it, nor question it. But mine is completely different.

A nice thread to start up again the day before his birthday

This thread was started a long time ago.

How is this for a theory: ML is a great guy most of the time, but sometimes he's a jerk. Sounds like most people actually. I'm sure you don't believe that he's always an angel...

Nothing that Patti says is surprising or unrealistic. I've been a boss to many people over the years, most of whom I liked at some point. Some of them needed to be let go, and even though I think that it was the right decision in all cases I'm sure that they see things differently

I'm also a fairly nice guy most of the time, but sometimes I am a jerk. At times I will recognize this and apologize, other times I will not.

Maybe it was as simple as he didn't want to continue paying her. I'm sure that she probably made more than other members of the NLE.

IMO this was probably the best thing for her in the long run. She probably only has a few performing years left in her and she's been stagnant as the backup singer for ML. She should have left to be on her own years ago.

Plus, she was disrespected a lot in her time. She wasn't allowed to be in the ILFYATTT video and duets she should have been performing were given to mediocre other singers in an attempt to boost their own career. I can understand Jennifer Hudson to a point, but I don't get many of the others.

CarylB 08 Oct 2016 03:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ernie (Post 618698)

I said start up again

Quote:

How is this for a theory: ML is a great guy most of the time, but sometimes he's a jerk. Sounds like most people actually. I'm sure you don't believe that he's always an angel...
Of course he's not perfect, and is the first to admit this, and to apologise when he falls (sometimes when it's not really his failing, because he's a nice guy who doesn't like to be at odds with people). But this is not a theory I agree with regarding this situation. Again, your prerogative, but as you quoted me I will say I don't agree. I also have great respect for Meat's refusal to comment publicly on the reasons, despite many attempts by fans here to suggest many, usually critical of him. A mark of his professionalism imo.

Fire Ball 03 Nov 2016 20:55

IGOT NEWS FOR YOU PATTI WAS NEVER disrespected .
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Ernie (Post 618698)

Nothing that Patti says is surprising or unrealistic. I've been a boss to many people over the years, most of whom I liked at some point. Some of them needed to be let go, and even though I think that it was the right decision in all cases I'm sure that they see things differently

I'm also a fairly nice guy most of the time, but sometimes I am a jerk. At times I will recognize this and apologize, other times I will not.

Maybe it was as simple as he didn't want to continue paying her. I'm sure that she probably made more than other members of the NLE.

IMO this was probably the best thing for her in the long run. She probably only has a few performing years left in her and she's been stagnant as the backup singer for ML. She should have left to be on her own years ago.

Plus, she was disrespected a lot in her time. She wasn't allowed to be in the ILFYATTT video and duets she should have been performing were given to mediocre other singers in an attempt to boost their own career. I can understand Jennifer Hudson to a point, but I don't get many of the others.

anotherday 03 Nov 2016 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 619033)
IGOT NEWS FOR YOU PATTI WAS NEVER disrespected .

Love you.
Thank you.

nightinr 04 Nov 2016 18:28

Although Braver was a treat for fans it did lack Patti's passion that flowed from her vocals. I would love to have seen her on Loving you is a dirty job and Going all the way.

I just find the whole situation very sad for both Meat and Patti.

eltmatt 10 Dec 2016 13:10

Which 3 people? What are Meat's reasons for letting her go via email, I guess there is rumour she did something to deserve this?

CarylB 10 Dec 2016 15:01

Oh give it a rest! Meat has repeatedly said she was not simply let go by email, and has made it clear he will not discuss or comment on it further, save to say she was not "disrespected".

His professionalism leaves him in a firing line whenever someone brings this up again, whether it's based on rumour, speculation or assumptions/interpretations of words Patti puts on-line.

This is the fansite dedicated to Meat .. he deserves more respect.

It's in the past for a long time now. That's where it should stay. Meat knows this and honours it. So should his fans on his fanclub forum imo

nightinr 10 Dec 2016 16:51

Patti played a crucial role in Meat's success for over 20 years. Her live performances often kept the show together. To suggest we shouldn't talk about her on this forum is strange to say the least.

It's like saying we shouldn't talk about Steinman when Meat Loaf isn't working with him.

In my view Patti helped make Meat great again and we should be eternally grateful.

CarylB 10 Dec 2016 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightinr (Post 619618)
Patti played a crucial role in Meat's success for over 20 years. Her live performances often kept the show together. To suggest we shouldn't talk about her on this forum is strange to say the least.

It's like saying we shouldn't talk about Steinman when Meat Loaf isn't working with him.

I did NOT say that, and you well know it I suspect. I have never, ever suggested people should not talk about Patti or her contribution, so please do not even TRY to suggest that, let alone say it.

I said to continually speculate about the reasons for her leaving, which are so often based on assumptions made which are negative towards Meat is IN MY VIEW disrespectful to him. To seek rumours on which to base further speculation is also disrespectful in my view.

Quote:

In my view Patti helped make Meat great again and we should be eternally grateful.
I do not consider Meat needed to be "made great again", however I believe Patti made an enormous contribution to the shows during her long tenure with the band, was an outstanding performer, and have never suggested otherwise.

But being grateful for that does not legitimise continued speculation or discussion of rumour about why she lost that tenure.

nightinr 10 Dec 2016 17:35

Fair points Caryl. I know its an emotive subject, but I dont think we should make this forum a closed shop and let all fans express their opinion.

Whatever happened I think its a shame for both parties as both have probably missed out.

CarylB 10 Dec 2016 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightinr (Post 619621)
Fair points Caryl. I know its an emotive subject, but I dont think we should make this forum a closed shop and let all fans express their opinion.

Whatever happened I think its a shame for both parties as both have probably missed out.

I'm not suggesting a closed shop .. I think the words at the top of every page identify that this should be a forum where Meat is respected, and that gossip, speculation, rumour etc should not be indulged in because they are not informed opinion. Meat is clearly going to remain the professional he is and not comment.

So, by all means celebrate Patti's work with Meat and since .. say you think she's the best if that's your view, say you think the shows lack something without her if that's your opinion. Some will agree, some won't. That's fair enough and fair comment whatever your perspective. But I think it's reasonable for members to simply accept the reasons and way she left the band are not our business, will not be revealed by Meat, so comment on that will be uninformed, and the topic should really be a dead horse left unflogged.

nightinr 10 Dec 2016 19:36

The reason why people are so passionate about this subject is because Patti was the best member of The Neverland Express there has ever been. I dont remember people getting so mad when other long standing members of the band left. So even a suggestion Patti was sacked by email which she clearly has said makes people very angry.

Meat Loaf_fan 10 Dec 2016 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightinr (Post 619624)
The reason why people are so passionate about this subject is because Patti was the best member of The Neverland Express there has ever been ...

What about Amy Goff ... or Bob Kulick ... or Steve Buslowe? :roll: Of course - you have every right to have your own opinion, but I also have my own. ;)

PS. Am I miss something or there are new facts/gossips about Patti? If not - why to start another discussion with so high emotions?

roomster 10 Dec 2016 20:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meat Loaf_fan (Post 619625)

PS. Am I miss something or there are new facts/gossips about Patti? If not - why to start another discussion with so high emotions?

AndrewG 10 Dec 2016 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by roomster (Post 619628)

Patti sees the world how she sees it. The joining Meat on tour could have been over many years ago (as was planned with last world tour several times). Perhaps she deserved better the last few years I agree but she also had an opportunity for a long time most good singers never get.

It is now and has been (for several years) time for her to move on and stop dwelling on the past. Nothing good will come out of retelling and reselling the "I was fired" story. It happens to countless people and artists each day. It is looking more unlikely each month that Meat will take back to the stage. It is not as if she missed out on large audiences. Perhaps a stable pay check for a few years.

If you really want to make it as a solo artist you need to be 100% focused on that. There is too much completion out there to keep messing about with the getting people to feel sorry for you approach.

In April 2014 I saw an artist live who could stand on her own feet and was just brilliant when she had a great band to help her. Focusing on memoir writing, thinking about the past etc and such stuff might make her feel good but it simply isn't a job, nor will it gain her much recognition (if that is what she still craves).

There are other avenues she could go down (providing singing lessons perhaps) that I just think will be more satisfying than keep wondering what she missed out on for the last 3 years.

letsgotoofar 11 Dec 2016 03:35

She wrote one blog entry, it's hardly an indicator focusing on memoirs and thinking about the past is her number one priority.

AndrewG 11 Dec 2016 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsgotoofar (Post 619633)
She wrote one blog entry, it's hardly an indicator focusing on memoirs and thinking about the past is her number one priority.

I'm not basing my criticism solely on that one blog entry.

nightinr 11 Dec 2016 13:06

Andrew I think Patti is slightly better than becoming a singing teacher, but I'm sure she'll appreciate your advice?!

letsgotoofar 11 Dec 2016 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 619636)
I'm not basing my criticism solely on that one blog entry.

Well, the one blog entry is the only thing I've seen come directly from her, as opposed to fan-based speculation from who knows what source, so given that and your statement, I'd have to say your criticism is built on even less solid ground than I thought if that's the case.

eltmatt 12 Dec 2016 17:47

Some peoples defense of Meat on here is so predictable, not sure why every discussion must turn to people being made out like they are slagging Meat. As a fellow musician I am interested in every aspect of Meat's professional career including his relationships with those he works with.

I know very well there are 2 sides to every story, I am simply curious as to what went down, I don't entirely believe she was let go for no reason at all.

AndrewG 12 Dec 2016 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightinr (Post 619637)
Andrew I think Patti is slightly better than becoming a singing teacher, but I'm sure she'll appreciate your advice?!

Considering she blocked me on Twitter when she wrongly thought I was trolling her I doubt she cares.

Suggesting industry professionals use their skills to inspire or help others is hardly insulting.

There are countless of backings singers who have failed to make it on their own after leaving or being dismissed from leading acts. Perhaps you think this reality is too harsh for Patti.

AndrewG 12 Dec 2016 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsgotoofar (Post 619638)
Well, the one blog entry is the only thing I've seen come directly from her, as opposed to fan-based speculation from who knows what source, so given that and your statement, I'd have to say your criticism is built on even less solid ground than I thought if that's the case.

See you could, if you cared, have asked me "what are you basing your opinion on?" but you seem to take more satisfaction out of dismissing it and suggesting that no one has more information than you. Thus there is no point me even engaging with your critiques of my opinion if you are that closed minded.

AndrewG 12 Dec 2016 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by eltmatt (Post 619650)
Some peoples defense of Meat on here is so predictable, not sure why every discussion must turn to people being made out like they are slagging Meat. As a fellow musician I am interested in every aspect of Meat's professional career including his relationships with those he works with.

I know very well there are 2 sides to every story, I am simply curious as to what went down, I don't entirely believe she was let go for no reason at all.

The reason will ultimately not help anyone anymore. Even if more fans of either Meat or Patti know the details.

I was let go by an IT company several years ago (as were many others at the time). The reasons were out of my hands and out of my managers' hands. Thus the reason to a certain extent doesn't even matter anymore, certainly not years later. Sometimes a change in circumstances or intentions etc means it will have a negative effect on employment as frustrating, hurtful and annoying as it can be.

I am pointing out that I think people should move on, certainly Patti should because as I said EVEN if she hadn't been let go there are totally no performances on the horizon with Meat at the moment. Her career post the age of 50 or so was always going to be uncertain if she had relied fully and only on Meat. If you think that my suggestion of moving on is equal as to coming to Meat's defence then I think you are wrong.

nightinr 12 Dec 2016 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by eltmatt (Post 619650)

Yep its almost like people are brainwashed and can't think for themselves.

For example some people said Bat 3 was best album ever and what a great job Desmond Child had done. Fast forward a few years and people make out Desmond Child is the devil. I personally thought Bat 3 was and is a good album. The only mistake they made was not having Blind as a Bat as the lead single.

CarylB 13 Dec 2016 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightinr (Post 619655)

Not at all .. just some of us consider that continued speculation is pointless. Meat has maintained a professional silence for some years, so people's curiosity will not be satisfied .. and imo it's boring. To consider it pointless is not brainwashing; but to swallow one side of a situation in ignorance of the full picture is hardly cerebrally sound ;)

Quote:

For example some people said Bat 3 was best album ever and what a great job Desmond Child had done. Fast forward a few years and people make out Desmond Child is the devil. I personally thought Bat 3 was and is a good album. The only mistake they made was not having Blind as a Bat as the lead single.
Really? I loved Bat 3, said so then, still do. That Meat has since said the whole process was a bad experience for him is a shame, but does not diminish the end product at all imo.

AndrewG 13 Dec 2016 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightinr (Post 619655)

The can't think for yourself criticism you point towards might be fair in a certain light. However I can also appreciate many fans simply side with Meat's feelings and thoughts at certain points on a forum merely to show affection and respect, like friends and family often would do. "Yeah you're right, sorry about that... I understand because... etc" I encourage independent thought too but I don't think trying to put opinions in such black and white categories would change things around here or elsewhere.

On Bat 3:
Just saw Bat 3 gets 4 1/2 stars on Amazon like most Meat Loaf albums do. For the vast majority of those who bought the album I think they reckoned it was pretty good.

I personally don't agree with Meat's opinions on Alive and much of his own criticisms of Bat 3. They are interesting back story insights. However the new tracks we got I think are mostly superb and it would have been a shame if they hadn't been recorded by Meat (Baab / Monster / Alive / What about love?)

I like the album except for the single choices indeed, the lack of piano in many places. Baab does it well, the Steinman songs don't. Bizarre. The production on the Steinman tracks are a bit meh in places. Seize the night could have been grander. The latin parts don't come across as dramatic as they could have been. I think Paul Crook's production on GATW is better for example. More fun and well thought out.

And then we almost come full circle. I also don't like the fact Bat 3 had so many guest appearances and that Patti was then dropped from two duets in favour of pop female singers which I believe was the reason she left the band in 2006 when she found out. Marion Raven was a bit forgettable in the end as pretty as she is and we never actually saw Jennifer Hudson I believe. Aspen Miller on tour seemed good but probably too early in her career to help Meat as effectively as Patti always did. Aspen seems to have retired. Hindsight is a great thing I guess but in the end losing Patti for all that other malarky was really not worth it. I'm glad Meat & Patti reconciled for the period between 08 and 13 and gave us tons more great shows together.

My memories of RAH are always linked to Meat performing almost solo somehow (never saw a 2007 show). 2008-2013 live memories are more about Meat with the NLE for me.

PanicLord 13 Dec 2016 13:30

Quote:

Ah. Welcome, you must be new here.

Meat Loaf_fan 13 Dec 2016 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanicLord (Post 619661)
Ah. Welcome, you must be new here.

Why you use irony? :roll: I was (only) wondering why to start new discussion, on this forum, if you don't know new facts.

PS. If someone want something good for Patti, then her name shouldn't be tied only with Meat. In other words - she should do more solo shows and/or her own CD. ;)

ajf33 27 Oct 2020 09:36

On the attack again on her twitter page, Don't know what her problem is now, but wish her and Meat would sort it out behind closed doors (That's if there is anything to actually sort, her accusations are very vague and scattered)

AndrewG 27 Oct 2020 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajf33 (Post 624357)
On the attack again on her twitter page, Don't know what her problem is now, but wish her and Meat would sort it out behind closed doors (That's if there is anything to actually sort, her accusations are very vague and scattered)

Is she trying to talk to me on there? (AndrewN) ? Or someone who happens to have same last initial in name? (G is a middle initial. N is the start of my last name and I assume Patti knows that).
I'm not even on Twitter anymore.

Some people seem to be invisible in the chats, can't follow what's going on.

Sent her a friend request ages ago on Facebook but she never accepted. I assumed she never wanted to talk.
Now I can see on Facebook she waved goodbye to Facebook.

Easier to just pick up the phone with people to settle disputes/answer questions I reckon.

letsgotoofar 28 Oct 2020 16:37

It's my understanding, from limited conversation with those in the know, that a certain segment -- and only that certain segment -- of her time with Meat is covered by a nondisclosure agreement, so she's being very careful about exactly what she can say based on timeline.

AndrewG 29 Oct 2020 10:22

I must say I like the dropping hand grenade and then just leaving for several days approach on Twitter. :D

It's like posting "You all suck, it was all my idea" and disappearing for a week.

Some of the comments from people who are trying to keep on her side are a disgrace "He ain't shit without you." Awful. :-(

ThatWriterGuy 29 Oct 2020 11:05

Donny, you're out of your element (and you know what's going to happen to this thread - the same as happened to all the other threads you contributed to about this topic).

letsgotoofar 29 Oct 2020 18:11

This story is gonna get a lot darker before it gets lighter... about Meat, Jim, and several people in their orbit. I understand and appreciate the skepticism, but this is bigger than just Patti and everything will be aired in the light of day in due time.

anotherday 29 Oct 2020 22:09

:( This just upsets me so much.
The whole thing.
Now people are going to question how we can be fans of his and Jims, aren't they?

AndrewG 30 Oct 2020 01:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherday (Post 624367)
:( This just upsets me so much.
The whole thing.
Now people are going to question how we can be fans of his and Jims, aren't they?

There have been people wondering how the hell one can be fan of Meat Loaf or Jim Steinman ever since Bat out of Hell was released. :lol:

I can't think of many artists I have followed so far who at one stage hasn't done something questionable, either a private matter I heard about or a blatant public political backing or statement I very much disagreed with. Literally the only one I can think of I never had a problem with was Roxette. :|

Since things are so polarised and toxic these days, and there is so much tribalism, I think this mostly private matter isn't a big concern to many people I would have thought. There are far bigger fish to fry with regards to celebrities and artists, what is said and done going by headlines and Twitter etc.

I'm sure there are still fans of Phil Spector. Look at what he did.

Dick 31 Oct 2020 00:55

Im so lost on what the hell is even going on... if anyone cares to speculate or enlighten me please do. Im sure pm's would be better as we know how things can get. :-P;)

letsgotoofar 15 Nov 2020 18:29

I debated exactly what thread to post this in, but since this is the latest concerning any "news" on the subject that is unlocked, I thought it might be here.

This isn't Patti's story, per se; it still remains to be seen how much of that will ultimately see the light of day. But... somebody's talking, or at least it appears that way, and it has bearing on the subject of Meat and Jim, or, at least, that's how I'm choosing to interpret this.

A gentleman who is reliably reported to have contributed to the process of creating the Bat Out of Hell musical seems to have decided to tell more of his story. He's released a semi-autobiographical piece of fiction entitled "Rocket to Mars," which seems a thinly veiled account of his time working on the show. Its prefatory matters certainly suggest that it was... an unusual experience. (Anybody who notes the similarity in language to Patti's blog entry of 2013 about being fired is pretty smart to note that, and invited to consider it in terms of reflecting a pattern of behavior within a group. I'll just put it that way.)

The first part, of what will apparently be three, can be found here.

I'll admit that a little more about this story than may be published is known to me. Curious readers are invited to DM me. Meantime, I look forward to the next installment!

Monstro 16 Nov 2020 01:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsgotoofar (Post 624384)
I look forward to the next installment!

He seems to write at Jims pace, wouldn't hold your breath lol

ajf33 16 Nov 2020 15:26

I notice that Patti has tweeted her support for the writer of the above blog, and linked to his page. Also She's tweeted the officially given reason that Meat wasn't allowed to record All coming back to me, (That Jim wanted it sung by a woman) is Bull, anyone shed any light on that??

AndrewG 16 Nov 2020 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajf33 (Post 624386)
I notice that Patti has tweeted her support for the writer of the above blog, and linked to his page. Also She's tweeted the officially given reason that Meat wasn't allowed to record All coming back to me, (That Jim wanted it sung by a woman) is Bull, anyone shed any light on that??

If you wanted an answer from Russo herself you'd be waiting till the end of time going by her Twitter behaviour. :lol:

ajf33 17 Nov 2020 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 624388)
If you wanted an answer from Russo herself you'd be waiting till the end of time going by her Twitter behaviour. :lol:

Yesi had noticed she hardly ever replies to questions, and presumably she doesn't frequent here anymore! so will probably never know what she's getting at!

AndrewG 17 Nov 2020 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajf33 (Post 624389)
Yesi had noticed she hardly ever replies to questions, and presumably she doesn't frequent here anymore! so will probably never know what she's getting at!

It's kind of weird considering the statements and accusations she makes. Many devoted fans on there trying to help or understand her and don't hear anything back. And then she tries to reach out to (presumably) myself and another individual she hasn't heard from in a while.
Well what do you expect if you don't reply? :roll:

Just a bit rude to say the least.

AndrewG 17 Nov 2020 12:19

Was Patti ever on this forum?

roomster 17 Nov 2020 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 624391)

stumpjumper claimed to be Patti.

ajf33 17 Nov 2020 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by roomster (Post 624392)
stumpjumper claimed to be Patti.

She did respond to a fb message i sent to her verified account asking if she was stumpjumper, and she (or whoever posts for her on said verified fb account) confirmed it was.

Apparently someone on here sent her a pm with some stuff meat said about her, and that made its way onto her twitter page, so, safe to say she was stumpjumper.

ajf33 17 Nov 2020 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 624391)

https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showpo...3&postcount=49

Thiswas "Patti's" Post in the other locked thread.

letsgotoofar 03 Dec 2020 19:54

Well, the writer bloke (hmmm... he sounds familiar, somehow) is back and being much more blunt. He seems to be implying attempted murder, or at least that's how this jaundiced eye is reading it.

letsgotoofar 05 Dec 2020 18:36

Well, f**k me... beyond euphemisms at this point. This looks like a cache of pills similar to that described in the story the other day... and whose name and handwriting is that on the box? Stein-something... (Well, Stei-something, but anyone who's seen his 'print' handwriting can glance past that ham-handed attempt at obfuscation.)