mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New album on the way! (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20552)

Tina.K. 23 Nov 2021 10:23

New album on the way!

He wrote this in Facebook today:

Recording.... Yes Yes Yes!!!!
On or about January 4th, we are in the studio. Playing live, rehearsing live, recording all Basic Tracks on a 24 track analog recorder (old school). Once all tracks, some overdubs and MY VOCALS are (almost done). We will transfer everything to a 48 track digital machine. Then finish the Album. Yes, only 7 new songs but and a BIG BUT. Live tracks from (oh goodness I'm not that old) the 70's great ones a great band and Jimmy on piano, the 80' so many great live tracks in the 80's great bands, the 90 and again a great band and so many great shows, 2000's(how do you write that)great shows great band. Then Tracks up till I hurt my back(I have now had 4 back surgeries) The back surgeries hurt everything. Before the back surgeries I was still trying to do shows, that’s when some of you saw or heard of me collapsing on stage and finally stopping the tour in the UK. I couldn't hit high notes because of back pain. Not a slight back pain. Pain that would bring you to your knees. 2nd surgery(1st big surgery) in Sept of 2016 failed, 3nd surgery to repair the 1st surgery, Sept of 2017, failed in 3 weeks and thus. In Oct, Nov, Dec of 2017 and Jan. of 2018. I could not walk get in or out of bed without help. Could do nothing!!!!! Then the 4th surgery Feb 2018 has left me in a lot of pain but I have some form life. I now have 13 screws holding on a metal plate or plates in half my back. I tell ALL OF YOU, back surgery is the last thing you should opt for. Try anything else. There are many other things I would have tried had I known what my life would be like afterwards. Ok, enough venting. RECORDING YES. IT IS SO EXCITING. Also will be doing shows everywhere (well when can get in). They will be as good as always, (if you like them before) Just different and who knows maybe better. If you want to know if I am able to sing again? Go on You Tube look up" Meat Loaf on Mike Huckabee” 3 songs the first two the same keys that they were recorded in 92 and 2009. Our TV show is a go, it is, I promise like nothing you have ever seen before! It will be amazing. Well, if you like music with great singing, challenge Games, and a little “Fear Factor" thrown in. You will Love it!! I will keep you posted on when they start here in the US.
I hope a lot of you enjoy this post. I did.LOL OH Yeah…. Happy Happy Holidays
God Bless you all and I Love You all very Much,
Meat

PS. I sure I will fix things in this post. I wrote it fast. Please excuse my in ability to write . My Mother was an English Teacher.

jcmoorehead 23 Nov 2021 13:33

Ooh this is some exciting stuff! Very interested in knowing what the songs will be as well as the live tracks selected.

The back surgeries sound horrible, I can't imagine what it must be like to have gone through that. Phil Collins is in a very similar boat with regards to injuries too, having to perform from a chair. Saw him with Genesis a few weeks ago and it was an amazing show despite all that.

RSG 24 Nov 2021 21:43

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/meat...music-tv-show/

nightinr 24 Nov 2021 22:18

What are the songs on the album....anybody know?

RSG 24 Nov 2021 22:29

Some months back Mr Loaf had said 'What Part Of My Body Hurts The Most' and 'You've Hot To Love With The Sun In Your Eyes Until The Day You Go Blind'
(both Jim Steinman songs)

RSG 25 Nov 2021 04:23

https://m.soundcloud.com/siriusxment...m-jim-steinman

Frying Bat 25 Nov 2021 15:40

From what i understand, this is going to be an EP rather a Full Album. (correct me if i am wrong).

letsgotoofar 25 Nov 2021 15:40

He also said at some point he was interested in "Safe Sex" for the album.

AndrewG 25 Nov 2021 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frying Bat (Post 625060)
From what i understand, this is going to be an EP rather a Full Album. (correct me if i am wrong).

It clearly states 7 new songs and live songs from throughout the decades.
At least a 70-80 minute album I suspect, maybe more.

Monstro 26 Nov 2021 03:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by letsgotoofar (Post 625061)
He also said at some point he was interested in "Safe Sex" for the album.

There's a few that would jump at that but I'll just order mine on the debit card.

Wario 26 Nov 2021 13:54

hate to say it but i doubt anything with Patti will be featured. I suspect mostly the 1980s shows with the Goffs.

Frying Bat 26 Nov 2021 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 625062)
It clearly states 7 new songs and live songs from throughout the decades.
At least a 70-80 minute album I suspect, maybe more.

Ok, sorry i overlooked that.

I hope his voice will sound somewhat stronger then on the BTWA album and i also hoping mr Meat put his health before his work and his fans.

If it comes to live tracks. i hope they won't put on the usual suspects (like Paradise, Anything for love, Bat etc.) I'm gonna love her.. or Piece of the action that would be nice picks.

RSG 26 Nov 2021 23:15

I thought the HCTB tracklist format was great. One disc studio record, one disc live recordings.

Tina.K. 01 Dec 2021 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 625067)
hate to say it but i doubt anything with Patti will be featured. I suspect mostly the 1980s shows with the Goffs.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. That would be a shame. There’s very much great live stuff with Patti. Maybe they can try sort it out, but I doubt it.

ThatWriterGuy 01 Dec 2021 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tina.K. (Post 625077)
There’s very much great live stuff with Patti. Maybe they can try sort it out, but I doubt it.

The olive branch has been handed over numerous times.