mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tyre Tracks & Broken Hearts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   47. Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=577)

White of High 26 Jan 2003 13:53

47. Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back

This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic.
Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back (9)

It's a very very good progressive rock song! It's a rebbellion and request against the lawyers! I think this song is about his life. It reflects Meat's life in '80's years, it mirrors the bleak!

My score: 9

Hey Moderators? How could write the next line without making delete?
"And you can shove it up your [...]
Yes I know! Your part of body what you use in the toilet!

Average: 9.42+ (301.5/32)

Garrett 26 Jan 2003 14:19

The song sounds dark and darker! The guitars are screaming like horny angels! It makes you pessimistic, lets you think, that life is a senseless black whole! Now, I know that my future is rotten and corroded! Should I do a suicide?? No! If I do that, I can't hear this fantastic song anymore!

10+/10

Tim 26 Jan 2003 16:05

This is my song......can't say it in other words... I love this song!! The best i've ever heard, just is a reflection of how i feel!

So powerfull, such great lyrics! And the music.......that drum, guitar!! Live it is even beter. Specially with the drum intro.

Quote:

The guitars are screaming like horny angels! It makes you pessimistic, let you think, that life is a senseless black whole
It is pessimistic but also optimistic, i think, when i listen to it, and i'm angry, i think, well see, someone has it much thougher than me! :)

A 10+/10 (but now it's even harder to rate: Out Of The Fring Pan and the Other of Bat 2, i mean, comon.....all the songs are at least a 10+ :lol: )

White of High 26 Jan 2003 16:17

Yes, I agree that the live version is better than on the album. I think the best will be mix of the Live Around The World and Storytellers version! On the Storytellers the best is the intro, when all instrument are introducing. On the LATW the best is the duett with anybody (I don't know who is he).

The Flying Mouse 26 Jan 2003 18:46

:twisted: GOD I LOVE THIS SONG :twisted:
I think it's the only song on Bat II better than Anything For Love.
I just can't listen to this song sitting down.Whenever I play Life Is A Lemon,I am compelled to stride up and down the living room furiously playing air guitar and singing along 8) .
To me,it's just not a depressing song,it's a happy song chalenging the world,that says you'll never beat me.To quote the live version from the Hell Can Wait c.d. "Give it you're best shot".
I've got seven different recordings of "Lemon",and I love them all for different parts.I havn't got a favorite,there all great :twisted: .
The music & the lyrics,Meat Loaf & Steinman,the feeling,all make this one of the top five songs in history easily.
10+/10 As long as Meat Loaf sings Life Is A Lemon,i'll never want my money back :mrgreen:

Michel 26 Jan 2003 23:02

On live around the world is the best live version I have ever heard of this song. But we need the intro of storytellers.

About the original version, I like the question part (What about love?) Because you can year Jim singing the questions.

Amazing powerfull song, that Meat always needs to sing at his tour.

My score: 9 Live Around The World version: 10

White of High 13 Apr 2003 23:17

I know the difference is a few between original and remix version but I'm interesting what do you think which is the better?

The Flying Mouse 13 Apr 2003 23:27

:twisted: The original version is better than the remix.The ending is a lot better 8) .On the remix version I think the music carrying on takes the emphisis off the end creshendo.

Cloggy 14 Apr 2003 19:58

10/10 deffo,

Live around the world is a 15/10.

jcmoorehead 20 Apr 2003 00:51

I love this song its great. the lyrics are brilliant aswel. The Music aswell is great from intro to ending.

10/10

JacenSolo 21 Apr 2003 17:45

Great tune, great lyrics (it's defective !!!) :D
My score: 9.5

Ben 16 May 2003 00:33

great rock song, great lyrics great voice. the sort of song that you wanna listen to when your pis*ed off or had a really bad day! 9/10

heat 16 May 2003 01:22

The original Kick-Ass song...i love it!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

9.5/10

Heat
xxx

batloaf 16 May 2003 01:23

if "anything for love.." is what they said a grown up version of "Paradise" Than "life is a lemon" definitely is a grown up version of "Bat out of hell"

my score 9,5/10

original sin 21 May 2003 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by heat
The original Kick-[...] song...i love it!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
9.5/10
Heat
xxx

Well said Heat almost saves me from posting :twisted:

badger 21 May 2003 02:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE FLYING MOUSE
The original version is better than the remix.The ending is a lot better.On the remix version I think the music carrying on takes the emphisis off the end creshendo.

Agree 100% It sounds like the start and end drums have juust been placed over the top, as opposed to a mix.

Definately one of the best songs every though :twisted:

dottie 22 May 2003 22:26

Life is a Lemon - 10/10
One of hubbys favourites - loves that "you can stick it up your a..e"

Bren 22 May 2003 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben
great rock song, great lyrics great voice. the sort of song that you wanna listen to when your pis*ed off or had a really bad day! 9/10

Yep ! Ben, agree with you there,i f i've had a .bad day, am fedup,or stressed this is always the song i choose.Does wonders for improving your mood,a few listens of this and i'm much better.
I love this song!
9/10.....

Testify 30 May 2003 13:37

9/10

badger 03 Jul 2003 02:06

This has got to be the ultimate teenage (/adult ;) ) angst song. Whenever something in the world is really getting you down or, ahem, p*ssing you off (sorry!), crank this up and you immediately feel better!

100% great emotion, an all time classic!

An angry:

9/10

Louise 03 Jul 2003 15:06

I really like the live version of this song.
9/10

evil nickname 04 Jul 2003 16:30

really good song to release some negative energy on... 9/10

Terri 08 Jul 2003 00:40

BRILLIANT!!!!!

10/10

Evan 09 Jul 2003 02:45

Basically states that everything in life is defective, everything, no matter what, it all amounts to a state of deftiveness.
And as someone else stated, if you listen to the questions, you can hear Jimmy ask them.
Great song, everytime I hear it I always get the image of Meat coming on stage and banging those drums with the sticks of his.

10/10

Quigmo 17 Sep 2003 08:54

Is there a better song to listen to when you need to vent after a bad day?
10/10