mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New Members (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798)

Katrin 08 May 2010 14:18

Hi!:wave:
Although I am a member of MLFCUK been a while, but I have only now found the opportunity to introduce myself.
My name is Katrin and I'm 32 years old and live in a cute little German town called Görlitz. (I'm sure you've never heard of it but it is a beautiful resort.)
I am a huge fan since 1993, by Meat Loaf.
Unfortunately, I could see Meat live only for two concerts. (But from the Bat Cave)
But I am now, an even avid Meat Loaf fan.
Right now I work as a tour guide to my hometown.
P.S
I know my english is not the best! I understand it very well, but I still find it a really to hard to write in english. Please bear with me.:oops:;)

Monstro 08 May 2010 16:11

Your English is fine!!! Welcome to the forum

heidi 08 May 2010 16:35

hi katrin, nice to meet you here (lol). greets from hamburg to görlitz.
heidi

MeatGrl1 08 May 2010 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katrin (Post 495378)
Although I am a member of MLFCUK been a while, but I have only now found the opportunity to introduce myself.
My name is Katrin and I'm 32 years old and live in a cute little German town called Görlitz. (I'm sure you've never heard of it but it is a beautiful resort.)
Unfortunately, I could see Meat live only for two concerts. (But from the Bat Cave)
P.S
I know my english is not the best! I understand it very well, but I still find it a really to hard to write in english. Please bear with me.:oops:;)

Makes absolutely perfect sense to me ;).
Welcome and it's nice to meet you :cool:.

Lucky79 08 May 2010 19:30

hi there kathrin, great to know you're here , too :D
*hugs*
:roll:

JennaG 08 May 2010 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katrin (Post 495378)
P.S

Welcome to the forums Katrin.

newcat1811 08 May 2010 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by White of High (Post 6234)
Here is a lot of new members but they never write here. Then why do they register themselves?

Maybe we are shy? ;-)

:0mghi2u:

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am 33 years old, and right now I live in Münster, Germany. I've loved Meat Loaf ever since I heard "Anything for Love" for the first time, and bought that album, but listened to that one track over and over again. Only later I discovered how great the rest of the album is. And the other albums. (is that the plural? nevermind...;-). And I think one of the reasons why I am here is, that none of my friends are Meat Loaf -fans. I have no idea why. Apart from that, they are really great people ;-)

So, it's great to know you're all there :-)

suzieq 08 May 2010 20:37

Welcom Katrin and newcat1811.

Suzieq

howlerformeatloaf 08 May 2010 23:16

welcom both of you to the club. Everyone is very nice on here and very friendly. Thanks for joining us.

MeatGrl1 09 May 2010 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by newcat1811 (Post 495414)
Maybe we are shy? ;-)

:0mghi2u:

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I am 33 years old, and right now I live in Münster, Germany. I've loved Meat Loaf ever since I heard "Anything for Love" for the first time, and bought that album, but listened to that one track over and over again. Only later I discovered how great the rest of the album is. And the other albums. (is that the plural? nevermind...;-). And I think one of the reasons why I am here is, that none of my friends are Meat Loaf -fans. I have no idea why. Apart from that, they are really great people ;-)

So, it's great to know you're all there :-)

Nice to meet you,
Have a good time here :cool:.

StuE2 30 May 2010 23:54

New Member - Old Fan

Hey All - I didn't know where to post my introduction but I kinda had to seeing as I signed up. Is there a new member's thread?? Maybe I'm too sober to find it haha!
So to introduce meself....first record I ever bought was Dead Ringer For Love back in '81 was hooked ever since. I then discovered record fairs and collected a very interesting lot of Meat Loaf vinyl etc
Anyways, I've seen Meat Loaf shows since '85 but the last time I saw him play was in '99 because that show to me (and my mam and dad) was really really bad so I stopped buying the albums and sorta wistfully wished that things were like they used to be. I'm expecting to be banned now hahaha!!
But....HCTB is an effing wonderful album and now since my son is into Meat Loaf I am looking forward to watching a show again!!
I could go on and on but y'kna I won't. Just one more thing though - I'll always be grateful to Meat Loaf personally for him and his sponsors(Harp Lager)for inviting us and PAYING for us to travel to Bristol on the train, the hotel and backstage passes etc back in 1988. I will NEVER EVER forget that!
Cheers for reading y'all.

StuE

My edit then - just found this thread so apologies and also apologies for the 'unofficial live recordings on ancient C90' reference!!

allrevvedup 31 May 2010 15:37

welcome to the madness

lisa01 31 May 2010 16:03

New members

Hi iam lisa01 i have been a very big fan of meat loaf since 1993 and i would like to say hello and welcome to all the new fan club members

Rage Against 31 May 2010 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by StuE2 (Post 498901)
Hey All - I didn't know where to post my introduction but I kinda had to seeing as I signed up. Is there a new member's thread?? Maybe I'm too sober to find it haha!
So to introduce meself....first record I ever bought was Dead Ringer For Love back in '81 was hooked ever since. I then discovered record fairs and collected a very interesting lot of Meat Loaf vinyl etc
Anyways, I've seen Meat Loaf shows since '85 but the last time I saw him play was in '99 because that show to me (and my mam and dad) was really really bad so I stopped buying the albums and sorta wistfully wished that things were like they used to be. I'm expecting to be banned now hahaha!!
But....HCTB is an effing wonderful album and now since my son is into Meat Loaf I am looking forward to watching a show again!!
I could go on and on but y'kna I won't. Just one more thing though - I'll always be grateful to Meat Loaf personally for him and his sponsors(Harp Lager)for inviting us and PAYING for us to travel to Bristol on the train, the hotel and backstage passes etc back in 1988. I will NEVER EVER forget that!
Cheers for reading y'all.

StuE

My edit then - just found this thread so apologies and also apologies for the 'unofficial live recordings on ancient C90' reference!!

Welcome StuE!

StuE2 01 Jun 2010 18:49

Cheers the all the welcomes, yooz lots!!!

Danny 22 Jul 2010 13:07

Oh sorry :oops: I must be blind.
I saw this thread today for the first time.
Here some details to my person. I´m 40 years old and I live in Plauen, Germany. This is a small town near Leipzig, maybe somebody know this city? I have two boys and I work as a executive secretary in a architect´s office.
I grow up in east germany. In this land to get album or a video from an american musicer - no way, or very very difficult. That´s why I dont know Meat Loaf before BOOH II came out.
Since 1993 AFL came out - I´m the greatest Meat Loaf fan :D OK like all of us :D When he was on tour here in germany, i was there. All stuff from Meat Loaf which I can get is in my collection. Not one of my friends is a Meat Loaf fan, unfortunately, so it is good to find other fans here.

I´m sure we will have a nice time together :lol:

The Flying Mouse 22 Jul 2010 16:54

:twisted: Welcome to the forum Danny.
Good to have you with us 8)

Drumbum 22 Jul 2010 17:37

Hah, never spotted this myself although I think I set up a thread introducing myself. I can't remember.

I'm Mary, just gone 21 and I love Meat Loaf! I have seen him once in concert and I intend on seeing him again.

suzieq 22 Jul 2010 17:51

Welcome Danny!

unbekannt 22 Jul 2010 19:43

Hello, I'm new as well.
I'm 27 years old and live in Bremen, Germany. I grew up with Meat's music, so I guess you can say I've always been a fan. ;) Unfortunately, I've only see him two times in concert, '07 and '08. Really looking forward to the German tour!

Quote:

Not one of my friends is a Meat Loaf fan, unfortunately, so it is good to find other fans here.
Same here! „You're listening to Meat Loaf?! Does he have other songs beside „I'd do anything for love“? No, not my kind of music!“
DOH! :doh: :lol:

duke knooby 23 Jul 2010 00:09

is this a new thread?

Megan 23 Jul 2010 00:29

welcome guys! don't be shy... they normally don't bite here :) it took me a bit before i started posting...

~Helen~ 23 Jul 2010 00:34

Ah welcome all ... to the madness! ;-)

Rage Against 23 Jul 2010 03:16

Welcome!!!!!

Wario 23 Jul 2010 03:46

Never introduced myself here...

Heyo. Im new here. Im chris and Love meat loaf a lot.