mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   BAT OUT OF HELL the musical world premiere (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19746)

renegadeangel 02 Apr 2015 16:16

BAT OUT OF HELL the musical world premiere

The musical is scheduled for a 2016 world premiere in Toronto

Sebastian. 02 Apr 2015 16:52

Looks like I'm going to Toronto next year.

Please let it be in the summer.

renegadeangel 02 Apr 2015 16:55

Todd Rundgren is involved now so maybe it will actually happen

nikox1 02 Apr 2015 17:32

:lol:

Evil One 02 Apr 2015 18:29

April Fools day was yesterday

nikox1 02 Apr 2015 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 608541)

It's happening!!! Don't worry, some company has backed it with a 60m dollar investment

renegadeangel 02 Apr 2015 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 608541)

no joke
http://www.broadwayworld.com/article...m-20150327joke

Danny L 02 Apr 2015 21:03

BAT OUT OF HELL THE MUSICAL was meant to open in 2009 and I'll believe it when I see it (that may sound like a dig but I really want to see this show - those songs were born to be preserved in a musical)

loaferman61 02 Apr 2015 22:22

If they signed Todd up they must think it is happening. I'm sure he is not easy nor cheap to sign on. Unless the producers have money to burn.

duke knooby 02 Apr 2015 23:32

david sonenberg now listed as co producer...

nikox1 03 Apr 2015 00:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by duke knooby (Post 608546)
david sonenberg now listed as co producer...

Not a positive imo

CarylB 03 Apr 2015 03:26

I would have thought bringing him and Cohl in, plus signing Rundgren was aimed at getting investment backing .. something Corrie would not appear to have done.

renegadeangel 03 Apr 2015 04:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 608549)
I would have thought bringing him and Cohl in, plus signing Rundgren was aimed at getting investment backing .. something Corrie would not appear to have done.

money is the issue. Toronto is a good place to ave money with the difference between the us and cdn dollar
I have to wonder if they will get the crowds though

CarylB 03 Apr 2015 04:15

The exchange rate is only relevant once you HAVE the money in one country and use it in another ;) I get the feeling that lack of it has been the issue for some years. Do they now have it?

AndrewG 03 Apr 2015 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikox1 (Post 608542)
It's happening!!! Don't worry, some company has backed it with a 60m dollar investment

60 million I totally don't believe. Even the investment company that's involved with the Back to the Future musical (if it's still happening) has over its lifetime only raised 20 million and that has helped to produce succeful musicals such as Billy Elliot and Ghost.

Even if you could make 30 bucks back on a ticket (which I think is high after all costs) you would need to sell 2 million tickets. Say you could fill a large theatre such Apollo Victoria 6 nights per week (say 2000 seats per night) that means 1000 shows, almost 3 1/2 years upfront. Nonsense. No one would part with that kind of money without a guarantee. Even the sequel to phantom failed (cost £5.5 million to produce) and closed after a year with only a few short term small productions appearing elsewhere. I seriously doubt Bat out of hell musical could even generate as much interest as that did because of the name attached and fact it was linked to what is perhaps the most successful musical of all time.

Even 6 million total would seem unlikely to me.

It's been 10 years since talk of a musical started. There's not been anything concrete to make anyone believe it will ever appear. Just ideas and names attached from what I've seen.

tonyloaf 03 Apr 2015 14:46

Exciting times in the world of the BAT

renegadeangel 03 Apr 2015 17:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 608551)
The exchange rate is only relevant once you HAVE the money in one country and use it in another ;) I get the feeling that lack of it has been the issue for some years. Do they now have it?

not if all your stagehands are canadian and thus cheaper help
there is also the possibility of tax credits from the various levels of government

nikox1 03 Apr 2015 20:40

[QUOTE=AndrewG;608552]60 million I totally don't believe. Even the investment company that's involved with the Back to the Future musical (if it's still happening) has over its lifetime only raised 20 million and that has helped to produce succeful musicals such as Billy Elliot and Ghost.

Even if you could make 30 bucks back on a ticket (which I think is high after all costs) you would need to sell 2 million tickets. Say you could fill a large theatre such Apollo Victoria 6 nights per week (say 2000 seats per night) that means 1000 shows, almost 3 1/2 years upfront. Nonsense. No one would part with that kind of money without a guarantee. Even the sequel to phantom failed (cost £5.5 million to produce) and closed after a year with only a few short term small productions appearing elsewhere. I seriously doubt Bat out of hell musical could even generate as much interest as that did because of the name attached and fact it was linked to what is perhaps the most successful musical of all time.

Even 6 million total would seem unlikely to me.

It's been 10 years since talk of a musical started. There's not been anything concrete to make anyone believe it will ever appear. Just ideas and names attached from what I've seen

We will rock you? Mamma Mia? Even the spice girls made some money from there musical. If you think the money I quoted is just tied in with the musical? You are very wrong indeed. a very famous label and movie studio have been interested for many years now, and as you say - the BIGGEST MUSICAL FRANCHISE!!! In history, there are alot more factors involved here. Abba gold sold 28 million copies worldwide because of the musical and movie, the album alone made a profit for the record label of 45million euro. The mamma Mia soundtrack sold 8 million copies worldwide and made a profit of 7 million for the label. Now I'm not saying every music franchise can make the cross over to that phenomenal success, but the bat songs are made for Broadway!!! It's a huge branding tool. We will rock you - made queens greatest hits album the best selling album ever in the UK, it resulted in Queens albums selling 19m around the world during the height of its run. IF!!! The Bat musical is done right? It can make a lot of money for the investors, bat out of hell sales will soar around the world, and possibly the other bats aswell, so there is money back already. Sales from the upcoming bat musical cd = sales!!! Money back!!! Rumours of a neverland type movie!!! Infact stronger than a rumour. There are a lot of ifs involved of course, but there are big plans ahead. A label does not buy a complete back catalogue for nothing.