mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Talent contest like the Voice: Should Patti take part to boost her solocarreer? (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19570)

Tina.K. 28 Apr 2014 19:24

Talent contest like the Voice: Should Patti take part to boost her solocarreer?

What do you think?

AndrewG 28 Apr 2014 19:43

Nope. All she needs is a promoter who will promote her shows and she will do fine.

Wario 28 Apr 2014 19:51

She would Creme the Voice. Its below her.

AndrewG 28 Apr 2014 19:56

Patti is more than a voice. She's a fantastic entertainer and a great song writer. Besides these pieces of :shit: programs are as superficial and hypocritical as it gets. I'm sure I watched an episode of the first season in the voice where the sing off was between an awesome 45 year old rock woman and a rubbishy 20 year old girl and Will.I.AM (Such a stupid f*cking name) chose the young girl because she had youth on her side. So in other words it's not actually about the voice.

LucyK! 28 Apr 2014 20:06

No.

Cherry.Loaf 28 Apr 2014 20:56

No she's better than that.

Leanne79 28 Apr 2014 21:07

Patti is way to good to go on shows like that

Evil One 28 Apr 2014 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leanne79 (Post 604001)
Patti is way to good to go on shows like that

Indeed. Also Patti's background with Meat Loaf will have to be mentioned and most of the public will confuse her with Mrs Loud, because most of the public are stupid.

wolfy35 28 Apr 2014 23:29

As fantastic as Patti is she would get nowhere on those shows. Not only do you have to sign contracts that give over huge percentages of your earnings to record companies, agents etc that they provide even if you already have your own but the sad fact is that they only look for new & able to make a fast profit out of because most acts from them don't last long.

BostonAngel 29 Apr 2014 00:34

No. As others have said those shows are beneath her. Those contracts make you follow a strict formula & dictate what you can & can't do. Patti needs to be able to follow her heart in the creative process and have the freedom to do it her way. Don't know about the UK TV shows, however i do know that she would not meet the eligibility requirements for either American Idol or The Voice here in the US.

loaferman61 29 Apr 2014 15:54

Add another to she's so much better than that. She is a true rock legend, she is way above having to do some stupid TV show. She's a known artist (Meat Loaf, Cher, Queen) some people may not recognize the name, but they have heard her and know who she is.

Meat Loaf_fan 29 Apr 2014 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 604008)
... most of the public are stupid.

:evil:
Some people - maybe yes. But "most of the public" - definitely not!

Quote:

Originally Posted by loaferman61 (Post 604030)
... stupid TV show.

This type of show isn't clever, but saying it's stupid is exaggeration. ;)

Anyway - the most important thing is that the final decision belongs to Patti (not to us). ;)

JennaG 29 Apr 2014 16:32

I'd say no.

These kind of talent shows have an agenda with what they're looking for and it's not necessarily vocal talent. It seems to be more about having something that they can market to the masses and having the right look, which we all know is normally someone under 25.

CarylB 29 Apr 2014 16:46

Contestants for The Voice are defined as "aspiring singers" drawn from public auditions. Basically it is aimed at wannabees .. mainly young and a few older amateurs who never made it, hoping to be "coached" by one of the panel and get some kind of professional start, even though it's one which ties them to merciless contracts?

Patti simply does not match the criteria in any way. She is not an aspiring singer, but an established and extremely talented professional performer, who has performed with some of the best during a long career, so why would she go on what is essentially a TV talent show? She is a proven and established artist. It would just be crazy and fly in the face of her established and proven track record surely.

JarethD 29 Apr 2014 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 604008)
Indeed. Also Patti's background with Meat Loaf will have to be mentioned and most of the public will confuse her with Mrs Loud, because most of the public are stupid.

When Ms Loud went on most people didn't know who she was...I don't think the judges completely believed her when she said she sang on "that" Meat Loaf song. As you said they'd just go on about her work with Meat Loaf and other artists.

I think Patti can make it without shows like the Voice, she not only has the voice but a real talent for writing music and lyrics....I mean there are few people that could write lyrics like she did for "In The Tomatoes" and make it work :-P.

PanicLord 29 Apr 2014 22:36

Really really not, no.

loaferman61 30 Apr 2014 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meat Loaf_fan (Post 604031)
:evil:
Some people - maybe yes. But "most of the public" - definitely not!

This type of show isn't clever, but saying it's stupid is exaggeration. ;)

Anyway - the most important thing is that the final decision belongs to Patti (not to us). ;)

1. Disagree totally
2. Maybe so, maybe not
3. Agree

The main thing in question to me since Patti is alreay a professional having performed with high profile names for many years and been singing credited duets on albums, is she even really eligible? She's hardly unknown.