mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tyre Tracks & Broken Hearts (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   28. Nowhere Fast (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466)

White of High 09 Nov 2002 20:11

28. Nowhere Fast

This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic.
Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!!

Nowhere Fast (4/9/9)

Oh My God! It's too heavy to analyse. I hate this version of this song. It's a terrible Steinman music. At beginning it's not more than beat. In the middle of song it starts to come out of the bad-rhythm but it's slight. Meat's voice is great but he can't raise up the music. (4)
The Street of Fire version is great. The chorus is able to magic a good song. The part of Bad For Good is fantastic. Did you know that this song is appearing in an Emir Kusturica film, Black Cat, White Cat? It's a great comedy about gypsies. (9)

The lyrics is another theme. That's fantastic. Some lines seem like a classical poem. My favourite lines are:

"You don't need any signal, you don't need any sign
Nothin's gonna stop you once you cross over the line" (9)

It's a dwarf Bat Out Of Hell! But the music is "dwarfer"...

My score: 4/9/9

Average: 8.35 (83.5/10)

Michel 10 Nov 2002 12:00

Terrible Steinman music???
I don't think that exist. My opinion is, Steinman music is the best there is. And with Meat his voice it is the best!!!!!

The song is super Rock 'n' Roll. I think the intro is the same as Everything Louder. Great lyrics, typical steinman

Score: 8/9

Tim 10 Nov 2002 12:08

Terrible Steinman music? What the ~~~~ is this man? Comon are you out of your mind????

This is one of the best songs from that album. I mean, the beat, the lyrics, the music. It's the best. Indeed are the other versions also really great!!!!

To quote Michel:

Quote:

I don't think that exist. My opinion is, Steinman music is the best there is. And with Meat his voice it is the best!!!!!
Here it's all said and done. Terrible Steinman music, LOL. That's something surrealistic!! :lol:

An 9.5 for this song.

The Flying Mouse 28 Nov 2002 23:52

:twisted: You can't use the words Steinman and terrible in the same sentence.
Nowhere Fast has got a great beat and good lyrics.The chorus is fantastic.
A strange point,but this is my favorite song to listen too while i'm playing on the computer.It works equally well for bike racing and running around blasting zombies.
8.5/10 Down on the pedal and ready to roll.

Quigmo 17 Sep 2003 23:00

This song just never worked for me. It seems to be a good catchy JS song and Meat has a good vocal here but something is not quite right.
6/10

RSG 21 Sep 2003 02:20

Re: 28. Nowhere Fast

I respect all opinions. But I have to say, in a kind way, I really Disagree. Meat's voice is awesome here, it suits the 80s, but beyond it. Its 80s all the way, I rate this song 9\10. I think it's my least liked on the Attitude record.

Crystal Eyes 21 Sep 2003 14:09

Haven't heard the Street of Fire version so I can't compare but I love this song. It's one I love to belt out around the house (when noone else is in). Great vocals and good tune.
9/10

A Slice Of English 24 Nov 2003 20:17

I hate seeing people mentioning all these different versions. The one I have is from Bad Attitude and I love that version, let alone these other ones (Streets of Fire? Ugh, where can I get these!!)

It gets a 9/10 from me.

dukesofhazard 24 Nov 2003 20:50

I really like this song too, I think it does have a very distinctive 80's sound which is a big part of why I like this (& Meat's other 80's albums) as I grew up in the 80's (Born in '81 :oops: ). Plus it ROCKS!

Going anywhere is gonna be heaven and staying here is gonna be Hell!

A Slice Of English 24 Nov 2003 20:55

Duke, I was born in '81 too and that's also why I appreciate this song. Pure gold!

White of High 24 Nov 2003 21:24

Me too! I was born '81 too but I really don't like Meat's version... Perhaps the Streets of Fire version...

RSG 25 Nov 2003 23:46

The original, I think its Streets Of Fire version (correct me if i'm wrong) :oops: but the original is better with a 10 / 10. Great piece, who sang it?

nowherefast 01 Dec 2003 20:35

10/10

*Look Below For Reason*

LostSoul 29 Dec 2003 23:14

I love it!
Meat sings it faster than the speed of the light and his voice makes blood run faster as well...

9/10

meat loaf is my god 02 Feb 2004 21:25

A grate song one of my favs

8/10

03gills 24 Mar 2004 20:13

Original

what does the original version sound like, you know, the one that hasen't been remixed by meat, paul jacobs n' mack?

PanicLord 24 Mar 2004 21:36

I have to say I also prefer the Streets of Fire version, because it is produced like a proper Jim song, whereas Meat's version is too 80s for my liking.

I reckon 9/10 for the Fire version, and 6/10 for the Meat version.

03gills 17 Apr 2004 18:15

This is by far the best song on the album, it just sounds more energetic than the other (great) songs on Bad Attitude, Meat's vocals sound more clear and defined on this song, and the guitar sounds more defined, i'm not sure why though, my faviroute bit is when meat goes, ''and speed, its all you'll ever need, all you'll ever need to knooooooooooooooow!!!!!!'' Magic!! I actually prefer the lyrics on meat's version, they suit him better, the're more immediate and to the point, whereas steinman's version is too dark and broody for meat.

RSG 18 Apr 2004 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE FLYING MOUSE
:twisted: You can't use the words Steinman and terrible in the same sentence.

Oh, but you can Flying Mouse, for example

1)Jim Steinman never makes terrible music.
2)Terrible is not a word that goes under a Jim Steinman dictionary.

my point?? Jim Steinman IS forever genious!
and Meat Loaf, is forever strong!

and may we all stay, Forever Young :P

Evil One 23 Jan 2007 23:29

djfierce 23 Jan 2007 23:42

one of the first songs of his i heard....always a great one to me :D
does sound a bit dated now i agree but that is good i think :D

Wario 24 Jan 2007 07:01

Great, just a very long chorus ending

8/10

GREAT LIVE

White of High 24 Jan 2007 22:07

Average: 8.25 (132/16)

Monstro 24 Jan 2007 22:31

I suppose you could say it's a bit dated now but it's still a great song, one of the best on the album

8.5/10

RadioMaster 24 Jan 2007 22:42

damn, the songs is absolutely great! Iīd give it a 9.5,
BUT it is THE SONG thatīs great (speaking of jims version on SOF)
The sad thing is that itīs kinda screwed on BA, especially through that intro.
Itīs not bad to listen to, but itīs not great either.
7/10