mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Coupe de Ville (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Couldnt Have Said It Better LP?? (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18133)

Luke Shaw 03 May 2012 11:44

Couldnt Have Said It Better LP??

Hi everyone, i'm a bit of a collector of Meat Loaf vinyl and i have classics such as Welcome to the Neighborhood and Bat I+II+III on vinyl. But i cannot find "Couldn't have said it better" on 12" I'm sure I saw a photograph of it somewhere, but is seams to be pretty elusive at the moment! Any help would be appreaciated :D

AndyK 03 May 2012 11:50

CHSIB is up there as the Holy Grail for Meat Loaf vinyl collectors. There are many on here who are searching for it, and a few of us who can sit back smugly safe in the knowledge we have a copy locked away guarded by leopards ... :))

Good luck in your hunt, I've not seen another copy for sale since I bought mine 4 or 5 years ago.

samurai7 03 May 2012 11:53

I've only ever seen it appear on ebay once, and I was outbid at the last second (most likely by someone on this forum :bleh: )

Kev 03 May 2012 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 569618)
I've only ever seen it appear on ebay once, and I was outbid at the last second (most likely by someone on this forum :bleh: )

I've given up! Actually, I'm looking to get rid of a load of my Meaty stuff so will be listing it on here soon :)

The Flying Mouse 03 May 2012 20:04

:twisted: As has been noted above, it's a rare piece of vinyl.

I waited for the album to be released in the UK with a blue cover.

That was a mistake :doh:

DJLeen 03 May 2012 23:43

I am a vinyl collector of ML albums also, i have them --almost-- all except for... Couldn't have said it better... Okay... this is going to be a exciting hunt after that vinyl album.. Wish me luck !! ;))

Vickip 04 May 2012 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJLeen (Post 569636)
I am a vinyl collector of ML albums also, i have them --almost-- all except for... Couldn't have said it better... Okay... this is going to be a exciting hunt after that vinyl album.. Wish me luck !! ;))

Good luck :)) I got mine through a 2nd hand record dealer on Amazon in Germany when it first came out. It was one of the copies with the labels reversed (i.e. the true Side A labeled as Side B) ... and Meat autographed the cover for me when I saw him at Hershey in 2010. So now it's safely hanging in a frame on my wall .. and not going anywhere :)) :))

The Flying Mouse 04 May 2012 00:57

And the Oscar for most optomistic post goes to........

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 569644)
It was one of the copies with the labels reversed (i.e. the true Side A labeled as Side B

:twisted: Faulty goods eh? :(

Still, you could always send it back for a refund :idea:

Orrrrrrrrr................ :bleh:

I know how busy these record company chapies can be, so you could always send it to me and i'll be happy to give you what you paid for it.

No, no, don't thank me, it's no trouble at all :mrgreen:

Vickip 04 May 2012 02:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 569648)
:twisted: Faulty goods eh? :(

Still, you could always send it back for a refund :idea:

Orrrrrrrrr................ :bleh:

I know how busy these record company chapies can be, so you could always send it to me and i'll be happy to give you what you paid for it.

No, no, don't thank me, it's no trouble at all :mrgreen:

Good try !! I don't think so :lmao:

The Flying Mouse 04 May 2012 15:29

:twisted: 'twas worth a try :mrgreen:

Vickip 04 May 2012 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 569658)
:twisted: 'twas worth a try :mrgreen:

:))

chairboys 04 May 2012 21:47

unlikely scenario - CHSIB vinyl becomes available on ebay.
how high would the bidding go to?

Vickip 04 May 2012 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by chairboys (Post 569665)
unlikely scenario - CHSIB vinyl becomes available on ebay.
how high would the bidding go to?

I've actually seen it on Ebay once ... but I honestly don't remember how high the bidding went.

rockfenris2005 06 May 2012 14:56

I'll go as high as 300 if I must. I really want it.

Sarge 07 May 2012 12:35

Quote:

I got mine through a 2nd hand record dealer on Amazon in Germany when it first came out.

You definitely have to focus on the German market as the vinyl release was a Germany only thing.

Quote:

It was one of the copies with the labels reversed (i.e. the true Side A labeled as Side B) ...

As far as I know this is the case with all copies. I haven't seen one without interchanged labels so far. Does anybody have a CHSIB record that has correct labeling? By the way, many collectors regard such errors as something that adds to the value. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 (Post 569693)
I'll go as high as 300 if I must. I really want it.

Don't worry, you probably won't have to pay that much. I've seen it on eBay a few times and the highest price it went for was something between 30 and 40 €, as far as I recall. The price isn't the problem - its limited availability is. If you're lucky you don't have to fork out that much money but finding a copy requires constant searching. What you need is patience and investigative skill. ;)

Monstro 07 May 2012 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarge (Post 569728)
Don't worry, you probably won't have to pay that much. I've seen it on eBay a few times and the highest price it went for was something between 30 and 40 €, as far as I recall.

Last one went for £140

Sarge 07 May 2012 14:05

Seems as if it pays off not to live in the UK when it comes to collecting Meat Loaf vinyl. ;) The highest price I paid for a Meat Loaf record was 50 € for a copy of WTTN.

Edit: I have to slightly correct myself. On the one hand it might be easier to get an affordable copy of the CHSIB vinyl in Germany, on the other hand there are several items that have been released in other countries that you hardly find on the German market. Then again, if everything was easily available everywhere, collecting and hunting for particular items would be less fun.

RSG 07 May 2012 14:24

I once had bad for good on lp with rock and roll dreams on a 45. Excellent condition. Gave it away, wish I could find another one!

AndyK 07 May 2012 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSG (Post 569736)
I once had bad for good on lp with rock and roll dreams on a 45. Excellent condition. Gave it away, wish I could find another one!

That combo (the RnRD and The Storm on the bonus EP) appears on ebay fairly often so you shouldn't have to wait too long.

samurai7 07 May 2012 16:03

Interestingly (or not) the free storm/r'n'r dreams single that came with my LP is a 33rpm

Gez 13 May 2012 14:17

..so would you say this item is almost as elusive as the Popcorn Blizzard item?

Steve6 25 May 2012 23:00

I don't understand people wanting the whole vinyl record. ;) I buy it as it is in the shops. My CHSIB has been marked and used till kingdom come, and it still plays all the songs as smoothly and perfectly as ever.

The Flying Mouse 25 May 2012 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve6 (Post 570817)
I don't understand people wanting the whole vinyl record.

:twisted: Good, in that case, rather than buy it yourself, you can quietly PM me with a link next time you find a cheap copy on online :mrgreen:

Vickip 26 May 2012 02:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 570818)
:twisted: Good, in that case, rather than buy it yourself, you can quietly PM with a link me next time you find a cheap copy on online :mrgreen:

:))

Kai-H. 05 Jun 2012 22:25

I have an unplayed LP here ... if someone needs, please send PM to talk about.