mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Loaf! Camera! Action! (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Meat on "Loose Women" UK show (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20141)

augustx 11 Sep 2016 14:22

Meat on "Loose Women" UK show

For those who might have missed it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eenq47uXFbU

AndrewG 11 Sep 2016 14:29

It's such a stupid program I discovered watching it on Friday. If there was one called Players with only men talking about issues there would be outcries from feminists saying the program is too sexist.

Political correct men hating tripe. Typical of ITV. Glad Meat avoided that channel for the rest of the promo week.
Katie Price thinking that Meat had died shows how disrespectful they are towards men and the guests in general and the level of IQ qualification to get on the panel of that show.

mikeloaf 13 Sep 2016 00:10

It's an awful show, but I guess it's on a media tour!

anotherday 13 Sep 2016 00:11

Loose Women seems like a trashy version of The view...

AndrewG 13 Sep 2016 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeloaf (Post 617553)
It's an awful show, but I guess it's on a media tour!

What I was wondering was he always scheduled to be on as they made it sound like he was clearing the air about the media health reports etc. Wasn't he simply scheduled to go on because of the album or was it indeed a last minute thing decided on during the week? :sherlock:

ricgough 13 Sep 2016 00:45

I think it's on the itinerary. Been on before. Credit to Meat for not batting an eyelid to Jordan's " I thought you were dead".

Shit show.

lorenzoduke 13 Sep 2016 06:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 617192)
It's such a stupid program I discovered watching it on Friday. If there was one called Players with only men talking about issues there would be outcries from feminists saying the program is too sexist.

Political correct men hating tripe. Typical of ITV. Glad Meat avoided that channel for the rest of the promo week.
Katie Price thinking that Meat had died shows how disrespectful they are towards men and the guests in general and the level of IQ qualification to get on the panel of that show.

"I thought you'd died so I was so glad when you came here"

Yes, she cared so much that she hadn't bothered to google whether he had or not in the last several months.

It's a shame that when Meat slogs his guts out when he's not feeling well he doesn't get to do it on shows his fans actually like.

stretch37 13 Sep 2016 06:39

I've been curious for awhile now...Does "Loose Women" have the same slang meaning in the UK as it does in the US/Canada?

E.g. Does it mean "sexually promiscuous"?

Or does it have a different meaning, such as "open minded" - aka "loose". Lol

I have been kind of dumbfounded/amused that a show with that name exists at all.

CarylB 13 Sep 2016 14:13

The phrase means exactly the same here, although I'm guessing they chose the name as some kind of double entendre with gloves off, unfettered by restrictions/norms when it started in '99. At the start I thought the show had some merit, but it's become pretty much a farce over the years .. women trying to be outrageous :roll:

Wario 13 Sep 2016 14:15

This is the banana show right

CarylB 13 Sep 2016 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by lorenzoduke (Post 617581)
"I thought you'd died so I was so glad when you came here"

Yes, she cared so much that she hadn't bothered to google whether he had or not in the last several months.

But to be fair she does only have a brain the size of a pea, in stark contrast to her lips and other main feature ;) I thought that comment was simply and wonderfully typical :lol: Perfect "Celebrity" Big Brother material :lol:

Sebastian. 13 Sep 2016 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch37 (Post 617582)
I've been curious for awhile now...Does "Loose Women" have the same slang meaning in the UK as it does in the US/Canada?

E.g. Does it mean "sexually promiscuous"?

Or does it have a different meaning, such as "open minded" - aka "loose". Lol

I have been kind of dumbfounded/amused that a show with that name exists at all.

In terms of Katie PRICE, yes, yes it does.

duke knooby 13 Sep 2016 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 617610)
This is the banana show right

Yes, if you mean meat clowning with a banana before the advert break, on the last promo tour

Danny L 18 Sep 2016 13:12

Loose Women used to be OK but now it's just vile tabloid tripe

Monstro 18 Sep 2016 14:57

My 8yr old said, "I saw Meat Loaf on the cooking show and Mad Women!"

Out of the mouths of babes and children......

Mr Flibble 06 Oct 2016 13:26

I watched it and it seemed ok. Probably the first time I have watched the show since Coleen Nolan compared a gay marriage to ISIS. That should say it all really.