mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Westlife - Total Eclipse of the Heart (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9330)

Sapphire Lady 26 Jan 2007 11:34

Westlife - Total Eclipse of the Heart

I see here this is being released as a single on 12 March. Has anyone heard it? (I imagine it must be on their latest album)

LucyK! 26 Jan 2007 11:37

Can't even imagine what this sounds like, they ruined The Rose so I dread to think what they've done to this :yikes:

MeatGrl1 26 Jan 2007 11:37

Yes I caught a performance where they did this song, it was boring and had no life it was nowhere near as stunning as Bonnie Tyler's!

The Flying Mouse 26 Jan 2007 13:16

:twisted: Bloody hell, wonder what Jimmy thinks of this :shock: :faint:

AndyK 26 Jan 2007 13:20

He mentioned it in his latest blog ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim
I did a brilliant remix of ECLIPSE for WESTLIFE, redoing piano, drums, and adding an epic intro! Steve and Bova worked with me on it. I was thrilled. But Simon Cowell, their record prez, said no--he preferred the original, which is very good but bland.

Think this really belongs in LB&GG

RadioMaster 26 Jan 2007 14:04

I havent heard it, but Iīd bet 10000€ that it sounds...........cheesy:evil:

The Flying Mouse 26 Jan 2007 14:21

:twisted: STEINMAN IS INVOLVED WITH THIS MONSTOSITY????????????? :faint:

WTF? :wtf:

Jesus tapdancing Christ, Jim Steinman working with shitelife.

Someone tell me i'd had my drink spiked and this is just a real bad trip.

Thank God the Tanz intro was spared.

I'd NEVER have forgiven him for putting that on a westknobjockeys record.

Talk about a sell out :evil:

Jayd 26 Jan 2007 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 311172)
I havent heard it, but Iīd bet 10000€ that it sounds...........cheesy:evil:

It is cheesy and awful, but I am sure the teeny boppers will help it to number 1. :D

The Flying Mouse 26 Jan 2007 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayd (Post 311176)
It is cheesy and awful, but I am sure the teeny boppers will help it to number 1. :D

:twisted: To me this is akin to a master chef seeing the light, and going off to make more money by opening up a McDonalds.

But who gives a damn about art, right?

In the land of the songwritter, the $ is king.

Can we please play ROCK & ROLL MERCENARIES in honour of the moment please?

mszee 26 Jan 2007 14:28

Well, looks like just another boy band to me...

Didn't like it...in fact, had to listen to Bonnie's version 10 times over just to get bad taste out of my mouth...

The Flying Mouse 26 Jan 2007 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 311182)
Well, looks like just another boy band to me...

Didn't like it...in fact, had to listen to Bonnie's version 10 times over just to get bad taste out of my mouth...

:twisted: They are just another boy band, but every one seems to be worse than the last.

Working with those guys.....

Throw me a bone here?

Just shows how fast you can become a record companys bitch.

Evil One 26 Jan 2007 14:45

Don't forget Steinman worked with Boyzone on No Matter What and mixed Take That's Never Forget, so it's not exactly a first.

mszee 26 Jan 2007 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE FLYING MOUSE (Post 311192)
:twisted: They are just another boy band, but every one seems to be worse than the last.

;) Was never any good to start with...so can't get any worse...:lol:

The Flying Mouse 26 Jan 2007 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 311196)
Don't forget Steinman worked with Boyzone on No Matter What and mixed Take That's Never Forget, so it's not exactly a first.

:twisted: Thought it was Webber who was responsable for that musical war crime.

Just goes to show you eh? :roll:

evil nickname 26 Jan 2007 14:51

Holy flamebait Batman!

Evil One 26 Jan 2007 15:10

I'm pretty sure ALW promised the song to Meat and Steinman promised it to Boyzone, although I could have that arse-about-face.

The Flying Mouse 26 Jan 2007 15:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 311206)
I'm pretty sure ALW promised the song to Meat and Steinman promised it to Boyzone, although I could have that arse-about-face.

:twisted: I believe it was Wabber promised it to Boyzone and Jim promised it to Meat.

needmoremeat 26 Jan 2007 15:42

Oh bloody hell, that's gonna be released a week before my birthday?!:shock: That sucks!:evil: Imagine that being number 1 on your birthday:roll: . Must stay away from car from the 12th March as it's the only place the radio is usually on, or if I must use car will take CD with me.
Btw haven't actually listened to the song, don't think I need to really. Cover versions from boybands are rubbish (and that's putting it mildly) anyway.

mszee 26 Jan 2007 15:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by needmoremeat (Post 311217)
Oh bloody hell, that's gonna be released a week before my birthday?!:shock: That sucks!:evil: Imagine that being number 1 on your birthday:roll: . Must stay away from car from the 12th March as it's the only place the radio is usually on, or if I must use car will take CD with me.
Btw haven't actually listened to the song, don't think I need to really. Cover versions from boybands are rubbish (and that's putting it mildly) anyway.

Here is to it then NOT being number 1...

And yes...pretty much rubbish...decent voices...but wasted in a boy band in my opinion...

Loafy Meats 26 Jan 2007 16:30

I like westlife - they're my boys! wa ha ha ha.......

djfierce 26 Jan 2007 16:54

for christ sake is there no classic they wont kill :evil:

everything they do is cheesy and to think steinman even considered for a blip to be involved just stinks of.....well i cant find anything more apt than Neils cry of sell-out.

its like their own songs couldnt get them anywhere so they've taken to nicking everyone else's.. very similar to Ronan's i'm gonna nick every successful garth brooks song approach...wait a minute! does he still manage them? :evil:

*Nicole* 26 Jan 2007 17:42

I canīt understand you!!!!!!
I think itīs fantastic!!!!

Loafy Meats 26 Jan 2007 17:59

ronan's not involved with them now

JanT 26 Jan 2007 18:13

Haven't heard it, where can I get a listen to it?

RadioMaster 26 Jan 2007 18:17

Actually, to be honest, Westlife isnt THAT bad, there are boybands, which are far worse. Their songs are not as cheesy as other boybands.
And I personally really prefer a TEOTH by Westlife to a version by, letīs say Take That.

Itīs always a bad idea to cover a classic.
if you think westlife does it bad:
Listen to the Eric Prydz(sp?) version of The Wall, called 'proper education'
after you heard that, you will LOVE Westlife's TEOTH