mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   OLD SCHOOL (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8884)

RoknRollJesus 25 Nov 2006 07:17

OLD SCHOOL
 
The number 1, chart topping song on your 18th birthday is said to be your life's theme song (pretend it is, it's funnier that way).
Go to the link below and type in the month, day and year on which your 18th birthday fell.

REMEMBER: Enter the date of your 18th birthday NOT the year you were born.
Copy. Paste. Repost. Live long. Prosper.

#1 on your 18th Birthday (It only lists UK and US info though...sorry)


Mine's -'These Dreams' by Heart
Dunno if its my theme song though...hmmm.

Blackkat13 25 Nov 2006 07:49

Beyonce featuring Slim "Thug"
I Hate This Song.....Why couldn't have been something better!

Monstro 25 Nov 2006 10:33

Wham - Wake me up before you go go

Not sure what that means lol

Deb 25 Nov 2006 10:49

I Don't Like Mondays - The Boomtown Rats :D

geordieloaf 25 Nov 2006 10:58

My heart will go on - No i hate that song

Heli 25 Nov 2006 11:24

I have to wait till next July! :? !! It'll be something stupid like Crazy Frog, won't it! >_<!

Mike Piercy 25 Nov 2006 12:08

The Last Time (Rolling Stones) - that's good.

Mike

amethyst 25 Nov 2006 12:38

Oh blimey can I change my birthday please?

From the UK: Hello ~ Lionel Richie
From the US: Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now) - Phil Collins

:shock: :shock:

ames xx
(going off to put other dates in until I get something I like) :lol: :lol:

Bap 25 Nov 2006 12:48

Call On Me - Eric Prydz :D Yay beaty and dancey :P lol

Chris 25 Nov 2006 14:26

UK: Maria - Blondie
US: Angel of Mine - Monica

RadioMaster 25 Nov 2006 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heli (Post 290530)
I have to wait till next July! :? !! It'll be something stupid like Crazy Frog, won't it! >_<!

Ditto

I´ll tell you in three weeks :))

AnneV 25 Nov 2006 15:13

.
 
UK - Stand by your man - Tammy Wynette - yikes!
US - Until the Next Teardrop Falls - Freddie Fender - even worse!

Mick Loaf 25 Nov 2006 15:15

Don't Look Back In Anger - Oasis

I can live with this.

samurai7 25 Nov 2006 17:03

ready or not - the fugees

Benny 25 Nov 2006 18:52

A Little Less Conversation - Elvis Vs JXL

Jeanie 25 Nov 2006 19:19

"Rapture" by Blondie - USA.

J.

tinkerbell 25 Nov 2006 19:45

You're The One That I Want - John Travolta & Oliva Newton John

vrg 25 Nov 2006 20:08

UK - The Last Time - Rolling Stones
USA - Stop! In the Name of Love - The Supremes

At the risk of aging myself!

I've stopped in love a few times in my life, so I guess that was a fateful song. :oops: :lol:

Lord Kagan 25 Nov 2006 20:32

Guess ill have to wait 4 months

judith 25 Nov 2006 21:08

Another Brick InThe Wall Pink Floyd was number one my 18th. Don't like Pink Floyd, but they are my other half's favourite band.

gecko73 25 Nov 2006 21:37

US-Charts: Rush Rush - Paula Abdul
Oh, I`m so old :-))

SW31 26 Nov 2006 12:24

in protest,- never gonna give you up -rick ashley ######## hate this song

KebLou 26 Nov 2006 21:47

Hips don't lie- Shakira and Wyclef

I'm so glad I'm not in the US as over there it was Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado & Timbaland

Rockette 27 Nov 2006 00:50

I really like the UK song!

UK ~ The Wonder of You ~ Elvis Presley

US ~ Close to You ~ The Carpenters

duke knooby 27 Nov 2006 01:45

Oasis, don't look back in anger. i must be same age as mick loaf!

firefly 27 Nov 2006 14:11

NO!!! really hate this song!

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny
Yellow Polka Dot Bikini -
Bombalurina

RadioMaster 27 Nov 2006 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by knooby (Post 290792)
Oasis, don't look back in anger. i must be same age as mick loaf!

thought you would be MUCH older jonty:shock:

Imagined you as one of these perverted old men...:twisted:

Eddie's Teddy 27 Nov 2006 18:53

UK: Perfect Day - various artists
US: Candle In The Wind ('97 version) - Elton John

Oh well.

LucyK! 27 Nov 2006 19:03

Mine.....Mad World :shock:

RadioMaster 27 Nov 2006 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 290906)
Mine.....Mad World :shock:

great song!
(I assume you´re talking about the Michael Andrews and not the TfF version:twisted:)

samurai7 27 Nov 2006 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 290911)
great song!
(I assume you´re talking about the Michael Andrews and not the TfF version:twisted:)

What you mean you prefer that horrible, miserable cover :shit: to the far superior original? :shock: :nuts:

LucyK! 27 Nov 2006 22:48

Don't like either, and I can't believe that a song called Mad World could possibly be a reflection of me and my life...!!!

RadioMaster 28 Nov 2006 14:23

I may be the olny one, but I think the Gary Jules version is MUCH better than that TfF crap!
TfF is just flat and boring, the cover is much more emotional and even one of the TfF guys (forgot who) said that the cover is much better than their version.
(if you´re not talking about that techno-ish edit, but the real version)

samurai7 28 Nov 2006 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 291098)
I may be the olny one, but I think the Gary Jules version is MUCH better than that TfF crap!
TfF is just flat and boring, the cover is much more emotional and even one of the TfF guys (forgot who) said that the cover is much better than their version.
(if you´re not talking about that techno-ish edit, but the real version)

I've seen Tears For Fears live - they are awesome. :cool:

Curt Smith said at the gig - "We're going to do a cover version now, well at least my neice thinks it's a cover version!" and then they played Mad World. :cool:

RadioMaster 28 Nov 2006 14:39

well I´m not a big Tears for Fears fan, it´s too 80´s synthy pop-ish for me..

Devil's Son 28 Nov 2006 17:07

Rhythm is a Dancer - Snap. And what does it means? I wasn't built for comfort I was built for speed?

AndyK 28 Nov 2006 17:12

I had :

The Sun Always Shines on TV - A-Ha in the UK
and
Say You Say Me - Lionel Richie in the US

and I'm not sure either of those is suitable!

Lord Kagan 28 Nov 2006 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 290899)
thought you would be MUCH older jonty:shock:

Imagined you as one of these perverted old men...:twisted:

Lol, Very good rj, Id hide now if i was you :p

allrevvedup 28 Nov 2006 18:25

spice girls, say you'll be there in the uk

the macarena in the us.

Oh well can't have everything

georgy7856 29 Nov 2006 00:21

Rock Your Baby by George MacRea in the UK
Feel Like Making Love by Roberta Flack in the USA
mmm dont know what to make of those two


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:04.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.03916 seconds with 11 queries.