mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   MLUKFC Shopping Mall (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   A random idea (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8475)

rick 23 Oct 2006 11:26

A random idea
 
As so many of us are allready planning our day trips for next year ,
a tiny thought has poped in to my wasted brain
Would it be possible to have a BAT III world tour t-shirt for MLUKFC forum members ,im sure there is someone among us who could design one and there are plenty of places that can print them .

if the design could be more fan-club based rather than using meat logo's etc then there would not be a copyright issue.

if it was done on a non-profit basis, ie price enough to cover t-shirt cost's p&p and admin costs,if there was any left it would goto the fan club

we have a shop in harrogate that once you have a design they store it on hard drive then you can keep going back as many times as you like to order however many you like .so you would not need to cary stock.

will it be possible ? your thought's please !

amethyst 23 Oct 2006 11:49

I think it's a great idea, I noticed at the Royal Albert Hall that the German fans had their own bomber jackets that had been embroidered/printed on the back and they looked fantastic.

ames xx

simples 23 Oct 2006 12:02

t-Shirt
 
Sounds like an excellent idea.

AndyK 23 Oct 2006 12:46

Yes, it's a good idea. However, not wanting to rain on anyones fireworks, you have to be very very careful with respect to using images and specific TradeMarked fonts for any sort of commercial (including non-profit basis) gain. So I doubt that the mlukfc could sanction anything like this.

clpmss 23 Oct 2006 13:04

For the New Jersey show on Nov 10th, I am making 3 shirts that say Fire Ball with his Daffy Duck on it. It's easy to paint shirts by hand, take about 2 to 3 days per shirt. This way he will know that we are from this site. I make shirts as a hobby not for a profit for my friends. I don't think that would upset anyone. Need to investigate this further. Someone should ask the administrators.

Hypnobabe 23 Oct 2006 13:51

How about the MLUKFC logo and our usernames? I mean, it's not like we can't ask the people in charge of MLUKFC if it's okay to use the logo, is it? :mrgreen:

Benny 23 Oct 2006 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 278061)
How about the MLUKFC logo and our usernames? I mean, it's not like we can't ask the people in charge of MLUKFC if it's okay to use the logo, is it? :mrgreen:

Sounds like a good idea to me:))

AndyK 23 Oct 2006 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 278061)
How about the MLUKFC logo and our usernames? I mean, it's not like we can't ask the people in charge of MLUKFC if it's okay to use the logo, is it? :mrgreen:


Probably a reasonable request to put to der management team ... want me to ask them?

Hypnobabe 23 Oct 2006 14:25

Yeah, go for it..... It'll certainly make recognising MLUKFC-ers easier!!!

AndyK 23 Oct 2006 14:26

Consider it done ...

Hypnobabe 23 Oct 2006 14:33

Here's a thought, maybe we could get one made up for Meat too?

SW31 24 Oct 2006 01:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 278094)
Here's a thought, maybe we could get one made up for Meat too?

what an excellant idea

mszee 24 Oct 2006 01:11

Sounds like a great idea to me all around...

Jeanie 24 Oct 2006 01:34

Cool idea. :))

J.

rick 24 Oct 2006 01:55

that was my whole idea
if we could stay away from using copyright material then i dont see no reason why this cant be done ,
even someone with an art background could use there own imagination and come up with a unique picture / logo just for this tour

mszee 24 Oct 2006 02:05

I heard Lucy is very talented that way...maybe when permission is granted she can be approached?

Leah 24 Oct 2006 09:28

This is a great idea about the t-shirts with our user names on them. Count me in! :D

sunneke 24 Oct 2006 20:34

great idea.... count me in also!

heat 24 Oct 2006 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah (Post 278520)
This is a great idea about the t-shirts with our user names on them. :D


HELL YEAH!!!

Just don't put an 'ON' before my name..... :devil: :lmao:

mszee 24 Oct 2006 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by heat (Post 278817)
HELL YEAH!!!

Just don't put an 'ON' before my name..... :devil: :lmao:

Or IN

heat 24 Oct 2006 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 278821)
Or IN


God Forbid :shock: :lol:

Feleena 24 Oct 2006 22:26

I wanna tshirt! sounds cool

Feleena x

L_Loaf 24 Oct 2006 23:52

yeahh
that would be so cool.

- L_Loaf [ && ] Hugs.

rick 25 Oct 2006 02:05

okay what i will do over the next few weeks is to get some costing's in and try and find out how much it would work per t-shirt inc p+p
and i will keep you informed
if people who are interested can you please pm me so i have an idea of how many because price is affected by quantity
thank's .
Rick

AndyK 25 Oct 2006 13:23

OK, folks, it's a go! There will be some official mlukfc merchandise available in the future, proceeds of which will help to keep this site running.

Watch this space for more details, which will be in coming weeks, we've got a little while yet to get the ball rolling on this one before the tour kicks off.

Rick, when you get the details can you let me know please?

rick 25 Oct 2006 15:37

andy check your inbox
will be in touch soon glad i could start the fire lol:lol:

The Flying Mouse 25 Oct 2006 19:37

:twisted: I still want a tie.

















To go with my green jacket :mrgreen:

:lmao:

mszee 25 Oct 2006 19:47

If t-shirts are matching his jacket...I am out...green isn't my color...

Hypnobabe 25 Oct 2006 23:31

Having seen Dottie and Rosie's shirts last week, I'm rather leaning towards red... and it IS my colour...

mszee 25 Oct 2006 23:53

Red looks good on me too!

SW31 26 Oct 2006 00:04

how about red for females & blue or black for males

Hypnobabe 26 Oct 2006 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris.l (Post 279453)
how about red for females & blue or black for males

Is that for those fans you might not be sure about? :shock:

mszee 26 Oct 2006 02:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 279465)
Is that for those fans you might not be sure about? :shock:

Black for males and blue for not sure about?

RadioMaster 26 Oct 2006 10:21

black for males, red for females, would keep the old black-and-red style we know from meat.

Hypnobabe 26 Oct 2006 11:43

Having just seen the SECC meet up thread, maybe we should add the venue too?

i.e.

MLUKFC
Hypnobabe
Wembley 2006

MissAsh 26 Oct 2006 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 279529)
black for males, red for females, would keep the old black-and-red style we know from meat.

That sounds pretty good to me!

mszee 26 Oct 2006 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypnobabe (Post 279541)
Having just seen the SECC meet up thread, maybe we should add the venue too?

i.e.

MLUKFC
Hypnobabe
Wembley 2006


Don't think it's a good idea...a lot of people are attending more than one concert...plus...this will make this t-shirt obsolete after the very first meet.

LucyK! 26 Oct 2006 16:50

I appear to have been roped in by the man in charge :))

mszee 26 Oct 2006 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 279603)
I appear to have been roped in by the man in charge :))

Good deal!!!

mszee 04 Nov 2006 15:26

Whatever happened to this idea???

LucyK! 04 Nov 2006 15:33

It's still in the mixer...

I think the idea of having the venue on the shirt is pretty much a no-go. As Zina said, the top would only be good for one show, and I presume that the more you want on the t-shirt, the more it's going to cost you...but don't quote me!!

The idea that was in my mind was to - if possible - offer a variety of styles of top to wear? I personally would not be going anywhere in a baggy t-shirt because I don't particularly like them, but I'd be happy to wear a ladies fitted baby-doll type top....

Any thoughts?

R. 04 Nov 2006 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 283527)
Whatever happened to this idea???

Patience is a virtue!

mszee 04 Nov 2006 16:44

I agree about venue being a no-no

Would like this forum logo and possibly something to explain to the "outsiders" what MLUKFC stands for - i.e. something "Meat Loaf".

And as to the styles...I don't like baggy t-shirts either but if there is a limit of how many per style you can make...I would settle for it...even just as a souvenir.

LucyK! 04 Nov 2006 16:48

Come to think of it, I'm not 100% as to which logo Andy's referring to...because I have, from years ago, some sew-on fanclub patches that have the words "Meat Loaf UK Fan Club" rather than "MLUKFC"

mszee 04 Nov 2006 16:52

I think at this point MLUKFC is better known...I like it exactly the way it is in an upper left corner of our screens

djfierce 04 Nov 2006 16:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 283544)
Come to think of it, I'm not 100% as to which logo Andy's referring to...because I have, from years ago, some sew-on fanclub patches that have the words "Meat Loaf UK Fan Club" rather than "MLUKFC"

http://media.mlxxfc.net/mlukfc_com_forumlogo.png

what about a version of this.Would this be a copyright infringment?

djfierce 04 Nov 2006 16:55

lol great minds and all that zina

mszee 04 Nov 2006 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfierce (Post 283550)
lol great minds and all that zina

Anji, you can say THAT again...but I thought that's what we've gotten a go for...

RadioMaster 04 Nov 2006 17:46

hmmm...no offence, but I PERSONALLY dont like THAT logo......

Maybe something more like on these badges?

LucyK! 04 Nov 2006 17:51

Yeah that's what I had in mind - the MLUKFC bat, like on the pin badges...

mszee 04 Nov 2006 18:22

I don't think I have ever seen a badge to be honest with you...

LucyK! 04 Nov 2006 18:24

If you link to the Merchandise area on the MLUKFC.com homepage you can see the badge.

The logo I was thinking of is the MLUKFC Bat, with "Meat Loaf" written over it and "UK Fan Club" underneath...

R do you have a pic of the one I mean?!!!

mszee 04 Nov 2006 18:31

I must be dense cause I can't find it. Do you have a link by any chance?

Thanks!

The Flying Mouse 04 Nov 2006 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 283572)
Yeah that's what I had in mind - the MLUKFC bat, like on the pin badges...



:twisted: :cool:

djfierce 04 Nov 2006 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mszee (Post 283585)
I must be dense cause I can't find it. Do you have a link by any chance?

Thanks!

http://media.mlxxfc.net/fanclub badge.jpg

If this is what you mean then that would be cool.
obviously different colour for the guys :roll:

RadioMaster 04 Nov 2006 19:18

may I repeat my idea, how about the good old black/red combination, black with red for guys and red with black for girls, on the right chest this logo and on the back the writing "MLUKFC - username"

RadioMaster 04 Nov 2006 19:34

God knows Iīm really bad with things like that and thatīs just a very quick try, but thatīs kinda what I thought:

http://media.mlxxfc.net/Zwischenablage01tshirts.jpg

djfierce 04 Nov 2006 20:15

that's cool
I like it
i vote for RJ's except logo on left

mszee 04 Nov 2006 21:30

I don't like the collar thing...what is it???

djfierce 04 Nov 2006 22:12

the collar could be all black that would look better imo
Also i don't see the need for two different colours for guys n girls after all it should be obvious who belongs to which gender lol i would wear a black one but not red so does that mean i wanna be a guy :shock:

mszee 04 Nov 2006 22:13

Did we just let 17 year old male design t-shirts for us??? :shock:

djfierce 04 Nov 2006 22:16

i think so :lmao: RJ = dj by day, designer by night

RadioMaster 04 Nov 2006 22:20

:lmao:

Monstro 04 Nov 2006 22:22

Collar??? Why dont we just go the whole way and have polo shirts....I think not lol

Good old t shirt for me please!!!!!!!!

mszee 04 Nov 2006 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loafer39 (Post 283636)
Collar??? Why dont we just go the whole way and have polo shirts....I think not lol

Good old t shirt for me please!!!!!!!!

We are SO on the same page on this...now...about that jacket????

Bwahahahahahahahahaha.....

R. 04 Nov 2006 22:47

Can I ask you to STOP SPAMMING THIS THREAD and give AndyK a chance to come back to this when he's back in the UK. Thanks.

AndyK 05 Nov 2006 15:31

Thanks R ... I''m not even out of bed here and I've made it to a keyboard to see this :))

LucyK! 05 Nov 2006 17:36

You got everyone's creative juices flowing honey! :))

DIZZY DRUMMER 01 Dec 2006 23:14

What about a baseball t shirt - like Meat - but with our own username on the back & membership no. on the front with the badge logo ?? or visa versa

If this has been suggested already - sorry - I haven't been on much lately. :oops:

mszee 01 Dec 2006 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIZZY DRUMMER (Post 292187)
What about a baseball t shirt - like Meat - but with our own username on the back & membership no. on the front with the badge logo ?? or visa versa

If this has been suggested already - sorry - I haven't been on much lately. :oops:

As far as I know those are expensive...

SW31 02 Dec 2006 01:09

rj design but only in t-shirt form ------- cool

LucyK! 04 Dec 2006 20:14

The baseball shirt idea would be fitting seeing as they've been on sale as official merchandise, but I'd imagine the shirts themselves would cost too much without even thinking about logos etc

rick 05 Dec 2006 01:50

It will all come down to cost as, there is no paid membership anymore.
so its not as if the fan club itself can just go out and buy 100 shirt's and hope to sell them.so the cost's have to be kept low.
let andy get the artwork sorted out and hopefuly we will have a couple of options on types of top's (baseball shirt's are at least Ģ30.00 before any printing so that's out of the window) and then we will get the ball running , there are a few people in on this so please be paitent it will take awhile to fit all the peices together but it will be worth it in the end

we want to get it right first time !

we will keep you all updated when thing's happen
:-)
cheers
:lol:

rick (andy's little helper) :twisted: :twisted:

mszee 05 Dec 2006 01:58

Thanks everybody involved!!!

AndyK 14 Feb 2007 11:54

:bump:

Watch this space, news coming soon :))

The Flying Mouse 14 Feb 2007 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 317454)
coming soon :))


:twisted: They been saying that about Christ for 2000 years :p

Make with the merchandise :mrgreen:

LucyK! 14 Feb 2007 19:08

All the best things are worth waiting for ;)

AndyK 14 Feb 2007 19:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE FLYING MOUSE (Post 317493)
:twisted: They been saying that about Christ for 2000 years :p

Make with the merchandise :mrgreen:

That's the price of T shirts gone up for certain scouse mods on this forum :twisted:

The Flying Mouse 14 Feb 2007 20:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 317499)
That's the price of T shirts gone up for certain scouse mods on this forum :twisted:


:twisted: I have no idea what you're talking about :roll:

AndyK 22 Feb 2007 12:05

Like the badges, expect news on T Shirts within the next week.

AndyK 08 Mar 2007 20:40

:bump:

Just as soon as we get the artwork converted from word to pdf, these will be advertised on the site!

R. 08 Mar 2007 21:59

http://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9581


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:48.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.04535 seconds with 11 queries.