![]() |
12. Read 'em And Weep
This is the START OUT OF HELL & ARRIVE TO HEAVEN topic. Let's Go to Rock 'n' Roll!!!!!!!
Read 'em And Weep (8) A very good song, a very good text. My favourite quotation is: "I'd like to know why you faded and you threw it away I'd like to give you all the reasons and what everything meant" My soul says this music should be slower and painer (like Standing On The Outside). The lyrics is requiring it of this song... My score: 8 Average: 8.96 (107.5/12) |
You say it's an 8? Well ofcourse you can have your own opinion.
But i've got a question. Do you also listen to other music, which you can compare Meat Loaf music by? Cause then i think that you would rate some songs a little bit higher. I would rate this song with a 9.5. Cause it's a realy beautifull song. Again strong words and beautifull music. |
A very good song
Typical Jim song. Simple intro, and great backing vocals on the track. It is sad that Meat only did this song once live. I give it the same grade as normal: 8/9 (Why I don't give a ten, I explained it in another subject.) White Of High, Sometimes you'll give an a very low grade, like 6. Do you think that other music is so bad, that it deserves lower grades, or don't you listen to some other music? |
:twisted: Another Jim Steinman classic.
Lyrically,you can compare Read 'em And Weep to For Crying Out Loud. As I said on that forum,F.C.O.L. lists all the ways the singer loves his girl.The last chorus of Read 'em And Weep lists all the conceqences of a break up. Jim can put into one song what most other song writers coudn't put into ten albums. White Of High said that there needed to be more pain. 8O I think Meat translates this song perfectly.Not that you need to,but have you seen the video?I'm sure that the crew hammerd red hot nails into his kneecaps before filming because sometimes he looks in physical pain. :cry: The only music I listen to anymore is Meat Loaf (not very good for an all round musical review I know,but i'm beyond caring :twisted: )but even by Meat's standards this song is still worth at least a..... 9/10 Listen And Weep |
Read 'Em And Weep is one of his very best songs. Lyrically it is unbelievably good. It's the ultimate 'Break-Up' song. How many other people have put this song on after falling out with a partner or something? It is a hugely underrated song. Definitelt top ten ever Meat Loaf songs. I can't describe how much I love this song.
And surely I'm not the only one who thinks he sings, "...and everything's w@nk..."? Cracking song! |
This song is absoloutly amazing. I agree that it should have a less rock oriented chorus however. The introduction is spot on musically and the lyrics are just tear-jerking. I have in fact used these lyrics to end a relationship once (how sad. lol) but it went down well.
I listen to lot's of other music. A regular pop music afficionado. |
Absolutely GREAT!!
Amazing song, beautiful music and very very good lyrics. My score for Read'em and Weep: 9,5! |
my favorite Jim Steinman lyric for years: "for allthose promises we promised to keep, they won't be kept anymore". Absolutely brilliant!!
I refuse to listen to the version of Barry -who the f... is he- Manilow!! 9,5/10 |
This is the best of the bunch from Dead Ringer but I still think it needs a redo. Geez if Barry M could have a hit with it...
The voice only misses by a small amount but it still misses. 8/10 |
i love this song makes me cry tho :!: :( :cry:
|
I been listening to Dead Ringer a lot lately. And I just cannot skip this song, I don't even think about it. As for the video to this song you can see everything about this song. Its so amazing y'know, the music the words, it is quite possibly the best song on the record, truely a Steinman song, what would happen if Todd produced it and Jim was around. This record would have been what it is now, X 2.
The record itself 10\10 The song itself is 11\10. Simply the best! |
Read 'em and weep is such a beautiful song. I had a lot of trouble with the line 'Like when an actor makes an exit at the end of a play' till i found out the joys of Lyric sites lol.
I give this song 8/10 |
I totally love this song. It's one of the best ML songs. I was watching the video last night. excellent...... 10/10
|
I love this song, to be honest with you I love most any song Meat sings.
I give this one a 9/10 Autumn (BadAttitude) |
I love this song - but it nearly always makes me to want to cry!!!
Dead Ringer is my favourite Meaty album, and this song is one of the best on it. Meat puts an enormous amount of emotion into it, and I think that the fact that his voice is a little hoarse only helps to make it even more "real" emotionally. Watched the Hits Out Of Hell DVD of this the other day, so moving! I always choke up at the end Read' em and weep- For all the hours we'll be spending alone Read' em and weep- For the dreams we'll ignore Running silent and deep- And all those promises we promised to keep, they won't be kept anymore ... Beautiful, I'm welling up even now!!! Anyway, I think you've guessed my score - 10!!! |
Very good. One of my favourites and definitely the best off Dead Ringer. Kind of too similar to Two Out Of Three to get a higher rating.
8.5/10 |
The lines:
"If I could only find the words then I would write it all down If I could only find a voice I would speak" has the EXACT same melody as: "It was a hot summer night and the beach was burning There was fog crawling over the sand" The video is quite interesting - Meat at the typewriter, looking like Orson Welles. I wonder what the movie version was like... (the one for the DEAD RINGER movie) 10/10 |
THIS IS ONE OF MY TOP FAVORITE SONGS OF HIS! :D
|
Quote:
Love that one too, especially the end... 10/10 |
Does anyone else not think that if the chorus was less rocky it would be the best song he's ever made?
It's just me it seems. |
LostSoul
I might have to start charging you royalties if you keep quoting me :) |
Quote:
|
Quote:
|
Quote:
But it seems that both of us are in love with the album Dead Ringer and with Meat's vocals on it! ;) If For Crying Out Loud didn't exist, I'm Gonna Love Her... would be my favorite song too!!!!! Patricia ... :D |
Quote:
I have to admit that the music is a bit aggressive for the lyrics! but the whole Dead Ringer album sounds rocky... Patricia |
Read'Em and weep is a brilliant song, definately one of the best songs on the Dead Ringer album but I feel the production side of things let it down, that's why I prefer the Barry Manilow version (not the voice) because it has Jim at the helm.
For the song I give it 9/10 Meats version 8.5/10 Pud :twisted: |
Quote:
As for the production on Read 'Em And Weep, it really is excellent, but then when you get to the chorus it's as if someone said, right, we'll crank it up just to shock the ears. Doesn't cut it. |
Well, Jim Steinman did write another winner here.
It's the best of the Dead Ringer album. But it still should be re-done with Steinman involved. Hint.Hint Fireball :D Still Good 8/10 |
love this song, itīs great, very emotional. And very true
"itīs there in my eyes and coming straight from my heart itīs running silent and angry and deep". silent, angry, deep, perfect description of the feelings. The song is sad and angry at the same time. The video is somehow funny... Meat at the typewriter with his stage outfit and THAT hat :lawl: Itīs the same as with the MTYD video, where he comes from the truck with that outfit..........a typical trucker suit!:lol: 9, if not more. |
I absolutely love this song.It sends shivers down my spine,it evokes such emotion and passion.I give the song 9.5.
|
Love it - fav song from Dead Ringer. I love how high he goes at the end.
10/10 |
When I first heard this song I got chills!
Meat delivers this song with all the emotion and feeling as if he has been there. This song is powerful lyrically and I just love that. #For the magic that our bodies had made {Read 'Em And Weep} For the blood that we've lost Running silent and deep And all those secrets that we somehow betrayed for whatever the cost {Read 'Em And Weep} For the memories still alive in the bed {Read 'Em And Weep} For the lies we believed Running silent and deep And all the things that can never be said C'mon and look at me and read 'em and weep...# This part particuarly I find the most powerful, the lyrics are amazing and well knitted. :heart: it, it's such a shame Barry Manilow was given the go ahead on this song because he slaughtered it from start to finish, there is no emotion when he sings it. But Meat gives power and life to it and still gives me goosebumps. 10/10 |
One of my favorite ML songs...right up there with For Crying Out Loud...
Listen to it often...and it never stops breaking my heart over and over again... There is so much pain in this song...I can feell it physically myself... 10/10 |
7. Great song. Shame about the quality.
|
meat did do it once live and its on my website.
Great song, one his first I heard and stick to it as a regular on my play list: 10/10 - no further comment, your honer :D |
It is a good song, i think Meat would've done it better if done around the time of Bat 1 or Bat 2, but the lyrics are the most impressive.
Barry Manilow's version killed the song for me, but more altogether worrying is as far as i know Jim produced this version? |
fantastic lyrics, wow
great tune in the great scheme of meat songs not my fave but its up there so.... 8 |
One of those songs you can picture in your head, fantastic
9/10 |
Fantastic lyrics, loads of emotion.
9/10 |
Average: 9.04 (244/27)
|
Fantastic. One of the most emotional vocal performances I've heard, even with only half a voice! lol!
10 |
10/10
|
10/10:-P
|
I also quite like the different verse on Manilow's version.
|
Quote:
And I've been dreaming forever Hoping something would eventually come I saw your eyes in the dark, I felt your kiss on my lips I traced your body in the air until the bodies were numb Beautiful song, with or without the extra verse 10/10 |
Before I got into Meat in the early '90's I had heard Barry Manilows version of this song on CD and I liked it. I love Meats version, it seems more vocal and passionate.
|
Quote:
Oh yeh, Great song..... 9/10 |
a very self indulgent song and incredibly soppy, personnaly I think it's far to slow, but it does have good lyrics and meat is very passionate in singing it, a 5.
|
9.5/10 top tune
|
Beautiful song, a classic for ever
10/10 |
Marvellous record - best heard straight after 'Bat Out Of Hell' (as sequenced on 'Hits Out Of Hell'). When the emotions gather up towards the end - wow - grabs me by the balls every time! As with, 'I'm Gonna Love Her For Both Of Us', Meat bounds over his 'blocked-nose' vocal problems here, with the sheer commitment of his performance.
|
Are you a doctor? Heh, great comment, glockenspiel. I like this song too. I would have loved to seen this being recorded. Even the enjoyment of the song alone is special. This recording shows how magical Meat and the studio were in 1981. Including the mage who wrote the little gem.
|
This song sucks
|
| All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:37. |
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.