mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   The new female singers (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19327)

Tina.K. 19 Aug 2013 21:34

The new female singers

Life goes on...

So, now that Meat has two new female singers I was wondering who these ladies are, who they worked for in the past etcetera. Maybe a little introduction?

One of them her name is Stacy Michelle, the other is Lisa or Lissa .....(?)

Will they join in Vegas as well?

From what I've seen and listened on youtube (Newmarket and Newbury) they did a pretty good job. :D

IMO a warm welcome to the new bandmembers: "welcome girls, I hope you will have a nice time being a member of the NLE".

AndrewG 19 Aug 2013 21:51

A quick Google seems to reveal Stacy Michelle is from Kid Rock's band if I'm not mistaken.

CarylB 19 Aug 2013 21:59

I understand we can expect to see them in the Vegas show :-)

Meat Loaf_fan 19 Aug 2013 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 596666)
I understand we can expect to see them in the Vegas show :-)

Perhaps yes. :sherlock:

They are very good. :up: Welcome in the band. :-)

Adje 19 Aug 2013 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tina (Post 596658)
the other is Lisa or Lissa .....(?)

From what I can make up it sounded like Lissa Lynn. Doesn't ring a bell though. So maybe I didn;t catch the name right.

Wario 20 Aug 2013 00:03

Who cares what their names are? They are The Goffs 2.0 to me.

Evil One 20 Aug 2013 00:04

I imagine they do for a start. :twisted:

Mr. Happy 20 Aug 2013 06:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 596680)
Who cares what their names are? They are The Goffs 2.0 to me.

:|

I feel sorry for these poor ladies. They sound great, but Patti...was Patti. They've got big boots to fill!

Monstro 20 Aug 2013 06:32

Whatever went on before these ladies is nowt to do with them and they should be treated as such, can't be easy for them stepping into the lions den as such.

Good luck to them and thanks for giving your all in the couple of shows we've seen.

Wario 20 Aug 2013 06:54

Lemme just state my Goffs 2.0 comment was a compliment of sorts. I love the face we have two blondes again. nice change of pace.

Adje 20 Aug 2013 17:17

Just watched the newmarket show and during Bat -Meat was taking his time and breathing heavenly- the girl who did Paradise with him (left on stage from our view) looked kinda worried at him. Nice to see she watched out for Meat like that ;)

Nice trivia that I thought of, while watching the stage... The last time Meat used the three Bat banners, it was also without Patti...

Anyway, nothing against Stacy and Lyssa, they have big boots to fill. But I doubt any of them will ever be able having me not wishing to see Patti there instead of them. Yet, I wish them both the best and hope they will enjoy the Vegas shows immensely.

Evil One 20 Aug 2013 17:18

The whole of the Newmarket show?

Adje 20 Aug 2013 17:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 596761)
The whole of the Newmarket show?

Minus 3 minutes of Frying Pan yes

ChrisBelfast 20 Aug 2013 18:23

I noticed one of the girls is on Twitter. sHe has posted photos with Meat and has mentioned performing with him in tweets starting August. A cool band photo is on her twitter too.

Tina.K. 20 Aug 2013 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisBelfast (Post 596770)
I noticed one of the girls is on Twitter. sHe has posted photos with Meat and has mentioned performing with him in tweets starting August. A cool band photo is on her twitter too.

Yes, I saw that too. And she posted it also on her facebookpage at the beginning of August. So there were quite a few people that knew Patti wouldn't come to the UK. Actually quite strange then, that us hardcore fans didn't know till the day Patti wrote it on her facebook two weeks later. Now I'm almost thinking some of us might have known earlier?

When the new girl puts it on facebook and twitter in public, it must have gone like a fire somewhere...

AndrewG 20 Aug 2013 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tina (Post 596784)
When the new girl puts it on facebook and twitter in public, it must have gone like a fire somewhere...

Not if you don't have inside information and know who the replacement is going to be of course. Try looking up "Meat Loaf" on Twitter. 99% of results are food related. :twisted:

Fire Ball 23 Aug 2013 09:06

That is impossible , I never met the girls till the 12th of Aug . I took a picture with Lyzza after the show in New market and she ask if she could post it I said yes. So a picture with me and either one one of those girls in the beginning of Aug . Is a load of BS. Bottom line .
Meat
Stop with BS please ... That never happened . Come on people !!! They also never met the band until the 14th of Aug.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 596827)
Not if you don't have inside information and know who the replacement is going to be of course. Try looking up "Meat Loaf" on Twitter. 99% of results are food related. :twisted:

Guy 23 Aug 2013 09:11

I think the reference was to the post that was on FB not about pictures. :0)

Fire Ball 23 Aug 2013 09:21

I was not !! Stop trying to make me ill and out of shape , I was working my ass off in the Gym before the UK shows and lost 11 pounds !! I really do not like this ,if I was taking my time it is for dramatic effect !! Adje you are about to get on my nerves . Stop with all your supposition . You read way too much into everything just go with the flow and ride the wave . Stop over thinking everything . This is not a Sherlock Holmes Mystery !!!
Meat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 596759)
Just watched the newmarket show and during Bat -Meat was taking his time and breathing heavenly- the girl who did Paradise with him (left on stage from our view) looked kinda worried at him. Nice to see she watched out for Meat like that ;)

Nice trivia that I thought of, while watching the stage... The last time Meat used the three Bat banners, it was also without Patti...

Anyway, nothing against Stacy and Lyssa, they have big boots to fill. But I doubt any of them will ever be able having me not wishing to see Patti there instead of them. Yet, I wish them both the best and hope they will enjoy the Vegas shows immensely.

CarylB 23 Aug 2013 09:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 597163)
I was not !! Stop trying to make me ill and out of shape , I was working my ass off in the Gym before the UK shows and lost 11 pounds !! I really do not like this ,if I was taking my time it is for dramatic effect !! Adje you are about to get on my nerves . Stop with all your supposition . You read way too much into everything just go with the flow and ride the wave . Stop over thinking everything . This is not a Sherlock Holmes Mystery !!!
Meat

Some get you and what you do on stage Meat ;) The first thing that struck me when you came on stage was how rested and fit you looked. I was at Newmarket, watching you live rather than on some bootleg video; it helps. You carried the show .. in performance and vocals. Not sure I've seen anyone who was there post anything about your performance but amazing. Missed Newbury as you know, but those there were even more impressed with your both performance, and power of your voice

C x

JennaG 23 Aug 2013 09:37

I thought both of the new ladies were very good and brought their own personalities to the songs. I thought that in particular Lyssa gave a really great performance in Paradise and I'd say that it has actually been my favourite performance of the song this year.

Quote:

I was not !! Stop trying to make me ill and out of shape , I was working my ass off in the Gym before the UK shows and lost 11 pounds !!

Well done on losing 11 pounds Meat. :-)

I thought you looked great in Newbury. You seemed fit, full of energy and happy. I hope your knee is starting to give you a little less pain these days.

sammyj0 23 Aug 2013 09:50

My mother in law died the morning of newbury, so in floods of tears and feeling very emotional I faced the rain. The show was sensational and the 2 girls were brilliant!! It was just what I needed on the saddest day. Meat you and your music helped me to get through and I can't thank you enough xx

Evil One 23 Aug 2013 10:22

I've seen the bootleg of the show and while the quality in parts can best be described as dreadful it does give a reasonable impression of what occurred. Considering it was their first show and with very little rehearsal I think they both did a decent job. I'd certainly like to see more.

CarylB 23 Aug 2013 11:05

From the perspective of someone who heard the show live (and the sound system worked very well I thought) they were very, very good indeed.

Adje 23 Aug 2013 11:13

Quote:

Meat

Dude, relax! What is wrong with breathing heavy? You did, so what? You played 70 minutes at that point. Usaine Bolt breathes heavy after a race of 10 seconds. Yet nobody claims he isn't fit. Nor did I about you.

This was about Lyzza and her response. After the fourth time of inhaling you actually see her respond in a 'wtf' way. And her face relaxes when you start singing again.

This was a message to post something positive about her dedication and you turn it in something negative about you where it was not meant to be negative. :shock:

Wario 23 Aug 2013 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 597178)
Dude, relax! What is wrong with breathing heavy? You did, so what? You played 70 minutes at that point. Usaine Bolt breathes heavy after a race of 10 seconds. Yet nobody claims he isn't fit. Nor did I about you.

This was about Lyzza and her response. After the fourth time of inhaling you actually see her respond in a 'wtf' way. And her face relaxes when you start singing again.

This was a message to post something positive about her dedication and you turn it in something negative where it was not meant to be negative. :shock:

I can see how the last part of your post tho could be taken not so likely tho...

Adje 23 Aug 2013 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 597180)
I can see how the last part of your post tho could be taken not so likely tho...

What?

"Yet, I wish them both the best and hope they will enjoy the Vegas shows immensely. "

That's the last part of my post...

Jules13 23 Aug 2013 12:34

Quote:

I was not !! Stop trying to make me ill and out of shape , I was working my ass off in the Gym before the UK shows and lost 11 pounds !!

We saw it right away when you came on the stage. ;)
Wow!!! That is awesome! Very good job! You looked good!!

Wario 23 Aug 2013 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 597182)
What?

"Yet, I wish them both the best and hope they will enjoy the Vegas shows immensely. "

That's the last part of my post...

I meant

"Nice trivia that I thought of, while watching the stage... The last time Meat used the three Bat banners, it was also without Patti..."

Tina.K. 23 Aug 2013 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 597162)
I think the reference was to the post that was on FB not about pictures. :0)

Yep exactly. Not about pictures, Meat is right about that!

It was just texing. She wrote on her facebook the 3rd of August that she was very excited because she was asked to join Meat on his newest two shows (which were the two in the UK).

Anyway, I think the girls did a great job. I heard some of it on youtube. And with that short amount of rehearsel time, I take my hat of for them and wish them good luck for the future! :D
(Meat, if one of the ladies has a bad day, just ask me. I can't sing so well, but eh, I know all the lines too). LOL. :D

ninja 23 Aug 2013 14:41

[QUOTE=Fire Ball;597163]I was not !! Stop trying to make me ill and out of shape , I was working my ass off in the Gym before the UK shows and lost 11 pounds !! I really do not like this ,if I was taking my time it is for dramatic effect !!

I've been at the races and you were in great shape, full of power and energy. And you seemed to have as much fun as we had ;-)
At the end I thought: "WOW! how is he doing that???" and I really have no idea ;-)
brilliant performance and very strong voice!!!

DJLeen 23 Aug 2013 15:23

Quote:

Meat

Don't listen when they say such things Meat it is not true , I was in Newbury and you were very fit and in shape on that stage It showed !!

Jules13 23 Aug 2013 15:31

In my opinion the last days things were written in here from some people that shouldn't have been written. I was reading and thinking, thinking and reading. It really made me speechless.
Maybe it is better not being so provokative to Meat. This is not the way of talking to a "friend"! He called us friends so I might to be allowed to call him a friend, too.
When I joined the forum I was really suprised that Meat himself is on here and communicating with us. This is awesome! Thank you Meat!!!
Please don't destroy that.
Please, don't call him "dude".
So I can understand his point and why he is or was upset. Hopefully not anymore.
Anyway....

The performances in Newmarket and Newbury were amazing ***** as I already wrote in the reviews!!!

After the show in Newmarket I was lucky and met next to Paul and Randy also Stacey. She is a very nice and lovely person. Both girls did a very good job on stage and they had a fantastic stage presence as well, what I have often heard. :)
They did their best. A big welcome to Stacey and Lyssa!

Meat, is there a possibility you would be so kind opening some videos from Newbury on YouTube again? ;)

tonyloaf 23 Aug 2013 16:26

Well done Meat with the gym! I'm a gym instructor I I can say it :)

glamourgirl 23 Aug 2013 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 597161)
That is impossible , I never met the girls till the 12th of Aug . I took a picture with Lyzza after the show in New market and she ask if she could post it I said yes. So a picture with me and either one one of those girls in the beginning of Aug . Is a load of BS. Bottom line .
Meat
Stop with BS please ... That never happened . Come on people !!! They also never met the band until the 14th of Aug.

I think what they are referring to is that Lyssa posted on August 3 that she will be joining Meat Loaf. It's on her Twitter page.

Cherry.Loaf 23 Aug 2013 18:27

I don't think I'd ever seen Meat so determined and relaxed as I did at Newbury :)

melon 23 Aug 2013 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 597204)
Well done Meat with the gym! I'm a gym instructor I I can say it :)

I'm an athlete, can I say it too? No really, well done Meat

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Forum Runner

tonyloaf 23 Aug 2013 18:55

Yes u can :)

Fire Ball 23 Aug 2013 20:15

Send your family my love , I am so sorry. Your family should remember the fun times , good times , and the time you were all together . Stay strong .
Love
Meat

Quote:

Originally Posted by sammyj0 (Post 597172)
My mother in law died the morning of newbury, so in floods of tears and feeling very emotional I faced the rain. The show was sensational and the 2 girls were brilliant!! It was just what I needed on the saddest day. Meat you and your music helped me to get through and I can't thank you enough xx

Fire Ball 23 Aug 2013 20:24

Yes I read that but it was spun in a negative way , I am sick and tired of my voice and my health being analyzed like I am a research lab experiment.
Meat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 597180)

Fire Ball 23 Aug 2013 20:28

Can I please ask a question without you getting upset , Why would you want to watch a bad quality bootleg .. I'm sorry I don't understand this ,
Meat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 597175)
I've seen the bootleg of the show and while the quality in parts can best be described as dreadful it does give a reasonable impression of what occurred. Considering it was their first show and with very little rehearsal I think they both did a decent job. I'd certainly like to see more.

Sebastian. 23 Aug 2013 20:33

I suppose cos not everyone can make the show and desperate to hear or see it. You're an amazing performer so I think everyone wants to see every show, me included but to do that we'd have to start "breaking bad".

I guess bootlegs even the worse quality give at least albeit not the best insight!

stretch37 23 Aug 2013 20:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 597224)
Can I please ask a question without you getting upset , Why would you want to watch a bad quality bootleg .. I'm sorry I don't understand this ,
Meat

I saw it as well..for some of us its the only way we'll get to see your show that month, etc..Apart from youtubes of course. I was very excited when I heard stuff from these two shows, they sounded fantastic and made me so stoked for vegas and the new album

Vickip 23 Aug 2013 20:38

I can honestly say I have no desire to watch bootlegs, especially bad ones :shrug: I'm happy just reading the reviews and looking at the pics.

Cole 23 Aug 2013 20:40

Congrats on the 11 pounds lost meat! It definatly shows and without a doubt nobody can argue that you haven't been working your ass off! You look great and definatly still don't believe your going to be 66 :D and I've seen some of the YouTube videos and the girls sound fabulous ! Lyssa is a sweetheart and genuinely down to earth :-P it is what it is.... People speculate but have no truth to their actions... It's a shame really:(

Vickip 23 Aug 2013 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 597238)

Congrats on the 11lbs lost Meat, as someone who lost 140 I know how tough each lbs is!

140 lbs ? Wow .. congrats to you too Sebastian !

Yes .. I forgot to add, congrats to the 11lbs lost Meat :D I lost about 15 after my surgery in April ... but I really need to lose more.

Adje 23 Aug 2013 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 597191)
I meant

"Nice trivia that I thought of, while watching the stage... The last time Meat used the three Bat banners, it was also without Patti..."

?? It's trivia. How is that positive or negative? Banners were used for the Bat 3 tour. They are re-used now. Funny enough Patti wasn't part of the band during the Bat 3 tour and this time around she also wasn't part of the band. I don't see any harm in this. It's a fact... it's trivia...

Adje 23 Aug 2013 21:03

Quote:

Meat

I think it's very simpel.

First of, you only know when a bootleg is good or bad quality if you've seen it. So the question should be "why watching bootlegs in the first place"

And there are many reasons why people do this.

-People want to have something to remember the show by
-People weren't able to attend the show but that doesn't keep them from wanting to know how it went.
-People are collectors
-People can't seem to get original released material
(have you have any clue how 'wel receivedl' the Last at Bat bootlegs were?)

Bootlegs aren't a bad, they are a good if you are open minded. It gives an oportunity to your fans to witness a show for the first or second time and after that over and over again. Especially if your favorite artist only has 3 DVD releases in 10 years. ;)

Happy to say more and more artists understand and support this :cool:

And believe me (and I should know...) there are quite a few people here who say they never watch a bootleg but downloaded them anyway. So even they see the benefit of it ;)

Evil One 23 Aug 2013 21:18

Quote:

Meat

Curiosity. Just being nosey as to how the new ladies sound. I didn't realise how poor the quality was until I watched it and I only skimmed it, I did not watch from beginning to end. It has whet my appetite for more and hopefully you'll see fit to do a proper Last At Bat DVD with the new line up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 597249)
Especially if your favorite artist only has 3 DVD releases in 10 years.

5 DVD releases from a 35 year career. :yikes:

CarylB 23 Aug 2013 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vickip (Post 597232)
I can honestly say I have no desire to watch bootlegs, especially bad ones :shrug: I'm happy just reading the reviews and looking at the pics.

Nor me. Nor do I see they enhance Meat's reputation at all, either away from here, nor in this forum. The number of times his performance is judged wanting by people who have only viewed a bootleg beggars belief. There have been tour legs I couldn't get to. I didn't seek out bootlegs to watch, and have no desire to watch or listen to poor quality ones, with people screaming over Meat like cats being swung by the tail.

And I know some people aren't able to get to shows at all, and that's very sad. But ultimately if Meat doesn't feel they do him justice why should he leave them on YT? This is a man who works so hard to give the best performance. How hurtful to see something that lowers it, on the internet for anyone to see? It's HIS performance, and his reputation after all.

CarylB 23 Aug 2013 22:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 597249)
And believe me (and I should know...) there are quite a few people here who say they never watch a bootleg but downloaded them anyway. So even they see the benefit of it ;)

You know this? Well I'm one who does not fit your statement.

Ultimately it's Meat's choice as a performer, and like it or not, bootlegs are illegal.

stretch37 23 Aug 2013 22:50

I am 25 years old, and grew up in the "digital" age of music, movies, games, and content. Let me give you a little tidbit. I generally download an artists stuff FIRST, to see if I like it. If I do, I go buy their stuff, and then proceed to buy it for years. THE ILLEGAL THING HELPED FUND THE ARTIST :D. I would not have seen 6 of Meat's shows, bought every album since CHSIB, etc if I had not downloaded some discography off of LimeWire. Thank you file sharing for helping me discover and support my favorite artist! And just for kicks, I'd like to discuss Free to Play computer games. Developers have realized that users don't want to pay a monthly fee for a game first and then figure out of they like it. So after the first month free that comes with most Massively Multiplayer Online Games (MMO's for anyone unfamiliar with the abbreviation), most players would tend to stop playing because they did not want to shell out a monthly fee. Player base dropped drastically. Developers have gotten smart, and changed with the times. Free To Play games, such as Rift, offer the player ability to try the entire game, and in fact play for free as long as they'd like! If the user likes the game, they will feel enticed to spend money on parts of the game. (Rift is not Pay To Win...like so many F2P games are). Here is a good example of the artists (in this case game artists, designers and programmers) rolling with it. And its making them Billions.

Honestly...So many artists have bootlegs. So many of them have lots of their music torrented. What it says about the artist is that people love them, and want to consume their stuff. The more popular a band, the more bootlegs and illegal downloads will happen. Its a similar case for movies and tv shows, or live dvds. What really frustrates me is that many bands and artists feel angry or threatened by it. The ones who realize what the people want are thrilled that people love their stuff, and they monetize the situation.

-Linkin Park release soundboards after every concert, which are available for purchase off of their website
-Bon Jovi release live streams that viewers can tune into for part of the show, or purchase a pass to watch the entire stream
-Bon Jovi releases soundboards for sale, or live DVD's of the show if somone didn't catch the live stream.
-The Rolling Stones recently released a live DVD of one of their recent shows for sale online. It went up quickly after the show happened.
-There are a plethora of other methods used to monetize a fan's need for more, rather than complaining about it.

torrents, rapidshare downloads, etc are and have been happening for years, and are steadily increasing. The clever ones realize this, and act proactively. Rather than me having to find a bootleg of a Bon Jovi concert, I can download their latest concert online for a nominal fee or watch the live stream. Rather than having to attend a stones concert and pay $4000 to get there and get decent seats and accomodation, I can download the dvd soon after the show for a nominal fee. Rather than....Oh, you get my drift :P

I see no harm in bootlegs, and I am so grateful for the true fans who have spent, I am almost certain, hundreds of hours of their time sifting through downloaded youtubes and fan video and compiling it...Literally scraping together something memorable from bits and pieces around the web, and making it as beautiful as possible, because NOTHING better exists. If it does, it was released 3 years ago, 1 year ago, or happened 1 year ago and was released now. The current generation of fans wants more stuff more often, and the bands who are riding with the tide (even the one's where their average age is 69) are responding to this and making money rather than losing it.

I have no ending for this so I take a small bow....:-P (George Carlin reference for anybody interested)

Wario 23 Aug 2013 23:07

Quote:

Meat

Hunger for new live material :shrug:

The stuff on my youtube is kind of a testimate to that. People are fasinated with your past and the stuff they can't see ;)

Though I only upload stuff pre 2006 so the current stuff i just think is curiosity for people who can't make shows.

JennaG 23 Aug 2013 23:08

The subject of bootleg recordings has been discussed numerous times and everytime it is discussed, only one thing is clear and that is that some people love them and others don't. Those that do will carry on looking for those recordings and advocating for them and those that don't like them will continue to respond against them.

Whichever way you feel, you're not going to change the opinions of the other side by goinng over the same points. That's the way life works.

stretch37 23 Aug 2013 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 597262)
The subject of bootleg recordings has been discussed numerous times and everytime it is discussed, only one thing is clear and that is that some people love them and others don't. Those that do will carry on looking for those recordings and advocating for them and those that don't like them will continue to respond against them.

Whichever way you feel, you're not going to change the opinions of the other side by goinng over the same points. That's the way life works.

I think, being on a forum full of thoughtful people discussion things, we may be able to further the discussion actually :) But I agree, not by rehashing the same old one-liners. However, at least from what has been written on this thread so far, I see it as a fresh discussion with some new insight. Even Meat has changed up the way he does things...Releasing new studio albums at a faster pace. I think the discussion is definitely exciting, and worth continuing...I like to think of myself as constantly learning and developing my opinions, and despite what I have written, I am not 100% supportive of online downloads...Eg. there is definitely room to discuss pros/cons, etc :P There are some negative things about it, but overall, based on my experience so far with the subject, I tend to see it as something that can be quite positive for anyone in the entertainment industry.....As long as a proactive approach is taken

CarylB 23 Aug 2013 23:17

Quote:

Yes ... and the artist has the final say .. which is fair imo

stretch37 23 Aug 2013 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 597264)
Yes ... and the artist has the final say .. which is fair imo

Well the artist definitely has the final say :D Its his business. I honestly hope Meat is not upset at our discussing the subject, for whatever he chooses to do is neither right nor wrong. Its what worked best at the time, given the circumstances :shrug: And I am happy with, and support all of those decisions wholeheartedly. What I have, at the same time, is hope and excitement for future...For what's next! One avenue of excitement is what I've mentioned, but If Meat's not down with that, then that is perfectly ok. Bootlegs will likely continue to surface and fans will eat them up, much like you would a new Harry Potter novel if one should surface. So in the end, its all positive vibes :cool: I very much doubt that anyone who spends the time to search the net for the elusive Meat Loaf bootleg will judge it the same way they judge a concert :P 99.9% of those who do find the bootleg are just relieved and thrilled to have found it!! I always take into account the quality of the bootleg, and usually blast it in my sound dampening headphones so I can hear Meat's voice better and have it be more awesome :D (at the expense of my ear drums..)

Adje 24 Aug 2013 00:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tina (Post 596784)
Yes, I saw that too. And she posted it also on her facebookpage at the beginning of August. So there were quite a few people that knew Patti wouldn't come to the UK. Actually quite strange then, that us hardcore fans didn't know till the day Patti wrote it on her facebook two weeks later. Now I'm almost thinking some of us might have known earlier?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 597161)
Meat

Maybe you missunderstood Tina?
She only said it that it was messaged on twitter much earlier so I had a look. Lyssa did post on August 3 that she was playing with you in the UK. Tina never mentioned a picture. She only said that the news was out at the beginning of august, August 3 to be exact. You also responded to that account on August 3.

mickp 24 Aug 2013 01:14

As far as I see it, the NLE is a key part of the Meat Loaf experience and always has been, but I've seen lots of different faces over the years and recognise people move on for lots of reasons. I could go on saying bring back Paul Jacobs and Steve Buslowe etc as they are particular personal favourites from my earlier concert memories, but recognise things have to move on. Some replacements have been better than others but in general the quality is always pretty good. There may have been an eye on the upcoming Vegas shows for the two singers replacing Patti, Lyssa has an established background there, but I think they both look great and from what I have seen (dodgy bootlegs) they did a fine job at Newmarket. I like Wario's Goffs 2.0 analogy if only because i see it as a different direction. As far as the dodgy videos of Newmarket, I thought Meat did a great show on those occasions and thats how I've always viewed it - a show not a note perfect recital of the album. I even liked the 81/82 shows - it was rock and roll after all. As far as 'bootlegs' - iphone concert clips are a fact of life now, artist just have to get use to it The things that interest me are the stuff from earlier years where Meat released little live video. 1978 rockpalast was a start. I'd like to see a remaster and complete 82 wembley show and the 85 bad attitude one then some sort of compilation DVD (like Ramones live 74-96) raiding Meat's vault of pro shot concerts - the 1988 lost boys tour being top of my list. That would keep the bootleggers quiet.

CarylB 24 Aug 2013 01:24

Agree with all you say Mick .. save one thing. Meat doesn't "have" to get used to anything .. as we have seen ;) I think towards the end of the LaB tour he left bootlegs he felt were of good quality? And he's the only person with the final right to make that decision, and take what action he wants.

mickp 24 Aug 2013 01:46

You're right he doesn't have to and agree he currently has the right to take what action he wants. I respect his view on that. But my own view is that over time copyright laws will have to change to reflect circumstances they were never drafted in contemplation of. Fundamentally I believe that commercial loss should be protected against (eg unauthorised ripping) but reputational loss (a clip someone doesn't like) is a far more difficult area

stretch37 24 Aug 2013 01:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 597281)
Agree with all you say Mick .. save one thing. Meat doesn't "have" to get used to anything .. as we have seen ;) I think towards the end of the LaB tour he left bootlegs he felt were of good quality? And he's the only person with the final right to make that decision, and take what action he wants.

I don't think Mick was suggesting that that Meat "has to get used to it" in the literal sense - as if to demand something from Meat, etc....However, In the broader sense of things, no matter which business leader/owner is concerned, young or old....Fact is, ignoring a large, substantial change in your chosen industry is foolish. I know several programming languages. C# and Java to name a couple. Both of which are viable languages that I can use to make $$ right now. As with the music industry, technology is ever changing. If a new language came on scene in the next 5 years and became a game changer in the industry, one of two things could happen. a) I decide to focus on what I'm good at, completely shying away from the new thing, and risk losing the ability to take on contracts for a large portion of the market. b) The inevitable flipside...adapt to change, play with the new language. If it's good, and it makes $$, expand and learn and play some more.

If I decided to completely avoid a new type of language, framework, game engine, coding style, business model, etc, and someone eventually told me that I'll have to adapt some day....Sure, there's the possibility that I would be initially offended...Someone told me my way of doing things was essentially wrong :P But that person would be correct IF and ONLY IF I was determined to run a business that stays successfully relevant with the times we live in. If I'm on the brink of retirement, hey, maybe I don't care. But in the end, of course, it is up to the person running the business to decide what works best.

CarylB 24 Aug 2013 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickp (Post 597282)
You're right he doesn't have to and agree he currently has the right to take what action he wants. I respect his view on that. But my own view is that over time copyright laws will have to change to reflect circumstances they were never drafted in contemplation of. Fundamentally I believe that commercial loss should be protected against (eg unauthorised ripping) but reputational loss (a clip someone doesn't like) is a far more difficult area

Copyright laws may well change over time, but as you say, reputational loss is more difficult to manage. (I'm also forced to wonder whether Bob Jovi et al are hounded and harassed on-line by a deranged tag-team :roll:). Strictly speaking it would also need a change perhaps in the law governing what is permissable in public places too.

Meat asked why anyone would want to watch a poor quality bootleg. I admire a man who takes a pride in the effort he puts into giving the best he can, and can understand why poor quality would be anathema to him.

Stretch, Mick said "artists have to get used to it", I said Meat didn't, he agreed. We worked it out by ourselves ;) I don't find your example close enough to the essence of this, ie Meat exercising his right to remove poor quality bootlegs to which the posters cannot in law claim copyright. That he chooses to remove those which he thinks don't fairly represent his performance doesn't to me seem foolish ... any more than yours would be if you chose not to adopt a new language you felt was not fit for purpose ;) (You work in an industry that failed to warn the systems they designed that when we reached the year 2000 it was not the end of life as we know it, so they shouldn't shut down :lol:)

And .. I was very impressed by the two new vocalists, and believe they will prove to be a great asset to the Vegas show :-) Splitting the vocals as they did at the racecourse gigs will make the show interesting in that kind of show I think.

mickp 24 Aug 2013 02:15

@Stretch37 - that is indeed where I was coming from. Years ago, they used to ban cameras and tape recorders from concerts but these days most people freely enter a concert with a means of recording HD video and stereo audio (ie a phone). Life changes.

From an entirely personal point of view, I ignore the s**t quality phone videos so I'm not even sure why an artist would even bother paying someone to police them On the other hand, decent quality clips of recent concerts, tend to increase / reawaken my interest in an artist therefore making me more likely to purchase product

stretch37 24 Aug 2013 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 597285)
Copyright laws may well change over time, but as you say, reputational loss is more difficult to manage. (I'm also forced to wonder whether Bob Jovi et al are hounded and harassed on-line by a deranged tag-team :roll:).

Yeah, I very much doubt they are....What has happened with that tag team on various online video venues is disturbing, akin to cyberbullying IMO. I know there are a TON of linkin park haters out there...Eg "why isn't every album like Hybrid Theory" (their first album) and Chester can't scream/sing anymore, etc...However, the main fan base is equally as adamant about drowning out the haters as we are :D

As far as managing reputational loss...And yes this is likely a rehash from somewhere on the forum, I think bands who nip bootlegs in the bud by releasing their own material for a nominal fee is a good approach to managing this. It feeds better quality videos into the system, and therefore those tend to be the ones people judge the artist by the most. It also would allow an artist, such as Meat, to have greater control over the video of him that gets distributed around the net ;) Something which, IMO, would be greatly relieving for him.

CarylB 24 Aug 2013 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch37 (Post 597288)
I think bands who nip bootlegs in the bud by releasing their own material for a nominal fee is a good approach to managing this. It feeds better quality videos into the system, and therefore those tend to be the ones people judge the artist by the most. It also would allow an artist, such as Meat, to have greater control over the video of him that gets distributed around the net ;) Something which, IMO, would be greatly relieving for him.

All he needs is 34 hours in the day ;)

stretch37 24 Aug 2013 02:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 597289)
All he needs is 34 hours in the day ;)

:-P Yeah that would be the tough part in releasing more regular stuff. And if there is no way to do it without him being more over-worked than he already is, then God-almighty, let him not touch it with a ten foot pole.

Julie in the rv mirror 24 Aug 2013 06:27

Quote:

But in this case, Meat asked the question (and I believe he genuinely would like to know) why people would want to listen to them.

As Adje said, there are various reasons, and I think he mentioned most, if not all of them.

Some fans are completists, and just want to collect as many recordings as they can. Myself, I usually only seek out recordings of shows either that I have been to (as a souvenir), or which are remarkable in some way. I mostly collect Springsteen bootlegs, and the fact that his shows are all different is a big factor in that. I mostly collect audio recordings, of which the quality of some can be really pretty exceptional. I listen to them for enjoyment.

I don't typically bother with crappy cell phone videos, but in the case of some rare song or exceptional performance, I'm happy just to be able to see/ hear it. I think most fans are the same, and it's usually only big fans who are going to go through the trouble of recording/uploading/seeking out/downloading boots. There's little to no money to made from them anymore- it's fans sharing with fans for the most part. It's a labor of love, too, considering the work that goes into some of them.

As a matter of principle, I pay for any official releases, and with very few exceptions (e.g. old vinyl), don't pay for bootlegs.

Tina.K. 24 Aug 2013 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 597273)
Maybe you missunderstood Tina?
She only said it that it was messaged on twitter much earlier so I had a look. Lyssa did post on August 3 that she was playing with you in the UK. Tina never mentioned a picture. She only said that the news was out at the beginning of august, August 3 to be exact. You also responded to that account on August 3.

I already cleared that up Adje. It was on post #30 if you haven't seen it.

Misunderstanding is human :D

tonyloaf 24 Aug 2013 19:59

Wow you people write long messages

Smithie 26 Aug 2013 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickp (Post 597280)
There may have been an eye on the upcoming Vegas shows for the two singers replacing Patti, Lyssa has an established background there,

Patti has performed in Vegas too in the "We Will Rock You" musical and in Cher's show so she has an established background there too.

When did this thread get so off topic about bootlegs?

Anyway, luck to the new girls.

Adje 26 Aug 2013 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithie (Post 597381)
When did this thread get so off topic about bootlegs?

After Meat posted a question about it ;)

Quote:

Meat

loaferman61 02 Sep 2013 21:46

Anybody know the dates of Patti's first and last shows? She had the longest tenure by far even taking into account her first uh, er, "hiatus". I'm trying to figure out how many years she put in.

Wario 02 Sep 2013 22:14

Her first show was one of these two:
July 1993 (Live B-Side Rehearsal Concert)
22-Aug-93 - Moncton, Canada (Live Concert)

Her Last Show Was:
25-May-13 - Manchester Arena, Manchester, UK

Pretty much exactly 20 years.

Adje 03 Sep 2013 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 597600)

With the exception of 2006-07

Wario 04 Sep 2013 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adje (Post 597639)
With the exception of 2006-07

Late 2006 to mid 2007. Half a year.

mindnick1 04 Sep 2013 06:54

I was at a show in the beginning of July 1993 in Pouhkeepsi NY, tiny venue for invited guests, not sure if it counts but I believe this was her first show after the rehearsals in NJ.
The venue was "the Chance"
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 597600)
Her first show was one of these two:
July 1993 (Live B-Side Rehearsal Concert)
22-Aug-93 - Moncton, Canada (Live Concert)

Her Last Show Was:
25-May-13 - Manchester Arena, Manchester, UK

Wario 04 Sep 2013 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindnick1 (Post 597645)
I was at a show in the beginning of July 1993 in Pouhkeepsi NY, tiny venue for invited guests, not sure if it counts but I believe this was her first show after the rehearsals in NJ.
The venue was "the Chance"

What was the set?

mindnick1 04 Sep 2013 21:58

Wow after 20 years of being in the music biz there is no way i would remember that, i was at a table on the balcony front row, great great show, i remember feeling "wow this is going to be a BIG hit" when hearing AFL, Steve Buslowe hooked me up at the time or i would never have got in.

Monstro 04 Sep 2013 22:12

and back to the topic please