mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lost Boys and Golden Girls (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Kasim working with Jim (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16532)

AndyK 02 Feb 2011 14:40

Kasim working with Jim
 
According to the message posted by Kasim yesterday on the KasimInfo.com site, he's (in his own words) "just got back from a recording session for a secret project with Jim Steinman".

No further info than that, but enough to start the speculation no doubt ...

Evil One 02 Feb 2011 14:48

Past experience leads me to believe absolutely nothing will come of it. :roll:

daveake 02 Feb 2011 14:56

The speculation usually lasts for much longer than the project :-(

Fingers crossed though ...

Wario 02 Feb 2011 14:58

Cant say im too excited. Id like to see Jim concentrating solely on the bat musical.

daveake 02 Feb 2011 15:28

Perhaps these things are related?

LucyK! 02 Feb 2011 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 537732)
Cant say im too excited. Id like to see Jim concentrating solely on the bat musical.

I would imagine that that's exactly what he is doing, with Kasim's views on being true to the original Bat arrangements I'd imagine he'd be perfect to have on board.

daveake 02 Feb 2011 16:11

Exactly.

Evil One 02 Feb 2011 16:13

As far as being a secret project though I think it's failed! :lol:

Monstro 02 Feb 2011 16:21

<<Finds himself agreeing with Smoggy..........needs a lie down now

Wario 02 Feb 2011 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 537739)
<<Finds himself agreeing with Smoggy..........needs a lie down now

Smoggy?

allrevvedup 02 Feb 2011 17:31

if it helps to actually produce something in the form of the Bat musical then it has to be a good thing.

LucyK! 02 Feb 2011 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 537739)
<<Finds himself agreeing with Smoggy..........needs a lie down now

It had to happen :))

Wario 02 Feb 2011 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucy! (Post 537743)
It had to happen :))

ah. your smoggy

madagascar 02 Feb 2011 19:52

It's remarkable that they consider the bat musical a secret projetct. ;)

Sarge 03 Feb 2011 16:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 537783)
Kasim working with Jim Steinman can only be a positive.

It would be great to see some "new" Steinman stuff soon. His work pace seems to be rather slow but maybe collaborating with a qualified partner will accelerate it and lead to interesting results? It's good that Steinman is obviously working on something and I hope it's a project that will actually see the light of day.

Julie in the rv mirror 03 Feb 2011 18:19

I like Kasim. And I like the idea that he has been working on something with Jim. I can't imagine it's connected with the Bat musical, because I don't think that's really a secret. Like others said, I do hope we get to hear it (and soon).

Pudding 03 Feb 2011 20:08

I'd like to hear Roy Bittan is working with Jim, some of Jims most epic songs are with him at the piano.

LucyK! 03 Feb 2011 20:35

I cannot imagine any musician I would be more pleased to see working on this than Roy Bittan :up: (I'll leave it at that because if I start on how immense Roy is I'll still be sitting here when the musical comes out!)

The Flying Mouse 03 Feb 2011 20:53

:twisted: It would be nice to see Max Weinberg's name pop up :metal:

LucyK! 03 Feb 2011 20:54

Roy AND Max...I would combust!

daveake 03 Feb 2011 21:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julie in the rv mirror (Post 537805)
I can't imagine it's connected with the Bat musical

I think it probably is. Kasim has said elsewhere that he's working on "projects" with Jim:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasim
Jim's brilliant,he's a brilliant songwriter and I don't know that many people can match him lyrically. He knows what he wants,Jim and I are very close friends working on projects that will come to see the light of day next year.

My guess is that it will be the musical and a CD timed to come out around the same time.

Monstro 04 Feb 2011 09:00

This thread has been cleaned up after having to be locked.

Please note that this thread will be locked again permanently and infraction points issued if it goes the same way as yesterday, keep the discussion to the topic in hand which is Kasim working with Jim and what that may produce and NOT what may or may not have happened between Meat and Kasim.

renegadeangel 06 Feb 2011 11:52

One thing that does kind of surprise me is that Meat and Jim both seem to work within the same small circle of musicians. So Kasim is working with Jim and Mark Alexander has been asked to work on the musical. Its interesting that after all the musicians that Jim has worked with, he has gone back to the beginning with Kasim.

nikox1 06 Feb 2011 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by renegadeangel (Post 537982)
One thing that does kind of surprise me is that Meat and Jim both seem to work within the same small circle of musicians. So Kasim is working with Jim and Mark Alexander has been asked to work on the musical. Its interesting that after all the musicians that Jim has worked with, he has gone back to the beginning with Kasim.

its strange to be honest, but then the more i think about it and what has happened it tends to make sense:shock:

daveake 06 Feb 2011 20:23

Not strange at all. He prefers to work with people he's familiar with.

AndyK 06 Feb 2011 20:29

Often there's a core group of musicians who work with a single artist.

Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton & Elton John, all have a familiar group that they work with regularly. Jim is no different.

nikox1 06 Feb 2011 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 538003)
Not strange at all. He prefers to work with people he's familiar with.

except Meat ? ;)

renegadeangel 07 Feb 2011 10:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by daveake (Post 538003)
Not strange at all. He prefers to work with people he's familiar with.


He's never worked with mark alexander and its been years since he worked with Kasim. My point is that I would have thought he would have some new blood to work with, like maybe some musicians from the DREAM ENGINE.

Evil One 07 Feb 2011 11:05

Remember the Dream Engine was more a Rinkoff project than a Jim project.

GDW 07 Feb 2011 12:56

Do you think Kasim will work with Meat Loaf ever again?

Evil One 07 Feb 2011 13:05

I think it's more than likely.

nikox1 07 Feb 2011 17:47

i wouldnt say so, as he does not like the direction Meat is going in:lol:

Evil One 07 Feb 2011 19:13

But if Meat were to have a spot on the soundtrack CD, then chances are Kasim will also be on it. If Meat were to show up to the opening night (for example) and perform an encore of Bat Out Of Hell, then chances are Kasim will also be a part of it. :cool:

Evil One 07 Feb 2011 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by glamourgirl (Post 538057)
But Meat already recorded the songs on his own Bat albums, so what would be the point of him recording on the soundtrack?

Perhaps there may be a couple of new songs? :shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by glamourgirl (Post 538057)
Will people really be interested in an album of Bat songs with someone other than Meat singing?

That has been debated endlessly and there is only one way to find out! :lol:

glamourgirl 07 Feb 2011 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 538061)
Perhaps there may be a couple of new songs? :shrug:

That has been debated endlessly and there is only one way to find out! :lol:

Very true. I'd honestly rather go to a Meat show and hear Meat, Patti, and the NLE sing the songs than to see a musical with other singers.

New songs would be interesting but I just don't see them all working together again. With the constant remarks about the "food group" and such.

BostonAngel 07 Feb 2011 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by GDW (Post 538037)
Do you think Kasim will work with Meat Loaf ever again?

Based on the things that Kasim has said, in public, about Meat, I would say that it is very unlikely that they would ever work together again.

I do hope that this "secret" project that Kasim & jim are working on goes well.

The Flying Mouse 07 Feb 2011 21:42

:twisted: Can we once more steer the subject away from Kasim Vs Meat please.

It's what got the thread locked last time, and it's what will happen again.

TheDoode 07 Feb 2011 22:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 538088)
:twisted: Can we once more steer the subject away from Kasim Vs Meat please.

It's what got the thread locked last time, and it's what will happen again.

Out of curiosity, if there was a thread titled "Kasim VS. Meat", would the subject then be open for discussion?

D. :cool:

The Flying Mouse 07 Feb 2011 22:06

:twisted: As nobody has all the facts concerning what happened between Meat and Kasim, and what was said by who, and seeing that the lack of this info could only lead the forum into wild speculation and fracturing into two waring factions one of which has decided they hate Kasim and the other faction deciding the people who hate Kasim are loonies, there is not a icicles hope in hell of having that thread on this forum at this time.

I think that's made our position clear :bleh:

If not, PM a mod and ask them direct as this subject is closed on this thread.

duke knooby 07 Feb 2011 23:03

its good news (if anything comes from it)

renegadeangel 07 Feb 2011 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 538061)
Perhaps there may be a couple of new songs? :shrug:

That has been debated endlessly and there is only one way to find out! :lol:


I suppose your right. But its nothing I would be interested in. Even the dream engine concerts didn't sound right without Meat singing.

Sarahdk23 09 Feb 2011 07:40

Kasim just mentioned in an interview that he is working on a secret project with Jim Steinman (as we already know), but also that it has to do with musical theater :-)

http://www.kasiminfo.co.uk/2011/02/KS020811.mp3

daveake 09 Feb 2011 09:14

Well, I'm scratching my head here as to what that could possibly mean ..... ;-)

AndyK 09 Feb 2011 10:25

Wild stab in the dark time, do you think that Jim could possibly have enlisted Kasim to work on a project to bring the Bat Out Of Hell music to the stage? I know it's never been mentioned, but I always thought Jim's music firmly had its roots in musical theatre, and that BooH could potentially make a great musical, maybe based loosely on the Peter Pan and Neverland theme. :))

Monstro 09 Feb 2011 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 538206)
Wild stab in the dark time, do you think that Jim could possibly have enlisted Kasim to work on a project to bring the Bat Out Of Hell music to the stage? I know it's never been mentioned, but I always thought Jim's music firmly had its roots in musical theatre, and that BooH could potentially make a great musical, maybe based loosely on the Peter Pan and Neverland theme. :))

>>Has deep respect for those who think so far out of the box, nice thought, might even work :-P

daveake 09 Feb 2011 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 538206)
Wild stab in the dark time, do you think that Jim could possibly have enlisted Kasim to work on a project to bring the Bat Out Of Hell music to the stage? I know it's never been mentioned, but I always thought Jim's music firmly had its roots in musical theatre, and that BooH could potentially make a great musical, maybe based loosely on the Peter Pan and Neverland theme. :))

That's way too far-fetched to be true. What has your crystal ball been smoking?

Benny 20 Feb 2011 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pudding (Post 537812)
I'd like to hear Roy Bittan is working with Jim, some of Jims most epic songs are with him at the piano.

Agree

nikox1 22 Feb 2011 00:43

Meats not aloud to talk about the Bat musical i thought? as was Jim not aloud to say anything about Bat 3. there was something on here in the past saying something of this nature i think? could be wrong, but there was something along those lines. anyway i would imagine that Meat will get alot of attention if the musical ever happens, even if hes not directly involved. imo i dont see Meat having too much to do with it? as he would get most of the attention and im sure that would not go down too well? it didnt in 1977

Evil One 22 Feb 2011 09:23

I think Meat's not allowed to say anything negative about the Bat musical in the same way Jim couldn't say anything negative about Bat 3. :twisted:

nikox1 22 Feb 2011 12:58

well i suppose theres nothing Meat can say about the Bat musical? it dont exist:D

Pudding 23 Feb 2011 04:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikox1 (Post 539471)
imo i dont see Meat having too much to do with it? as he would get most of the attention and im sure that would not go down too well? it didnt in 1977

I agree.

AndrewG 23 Feb 2011 13:19

I'll believe it when I see it.

From what I can deduce Jim doesn't really seem to have music on his mind at the moment, going by his Facebook profile and what has been happening over the last decade. On his profile he seems to like to post some vids about his clothing ideas and random political stuff. Not saying that an artist can't do those things but keeping your main work a "secret" seems ludicrous to me in a time when probably the majority of people don't care about it except for his most dedicated fans, which figure I reckon is only in the thousands and hardly enough to consider filling a theatre night after night. Thus perhaps the secret element is only there so that no one will be expecting anything as not to disappoint anyone when things don't come of the ground, like what happened with the Batman musical.

In either case it doesn't sound like anything is at an advanced stage. At this rate I really don't think we will ever see this musical. I hope to be proven wrong but it's been what, like 5 years since we heard Jim talk about this idea. What's been done in all that time. To then present a musical with mostly old material really seems incredibly unproductive for an experienced song writer and composer.

I am not trying to debunk Jim's skills. I think he is an awesome songwriter, absolutely the best. But to have someone like Justin Hawkins contribute songs to Meat Loaf whilst we know Jim still has a few which he could sing and instead are gathering dust is a completely preposterous situation from two men who brought two of the best albums ever produced.

renegadeangel 24 Feb 2011 01:53

And the clock is ticking....

Fire Ball 24 Feb 2011 07:34

My guess is they are doing demos for the Musical . I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together , I have reached out several times . My reply has been to busy with the Musical.
M

AndrewG 24 Feb 2011 09:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 539708)
My guess is they are doing demos for the Musical . I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together , I have reached out several times . My reply has been to busy with the Musical.
M

:-(

Evil One 24 Feb 2011 09:24

Most of the songs are either 30 or 20 years old. I bet the rest were all originally going to be for Batman or the Dream Engine, so what can possibly need to be demoed again? :shrug:

AndrewG 24 Feb 2011 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 539718)
Most of the songs are either 30 or 20 years old. I bet the rest were all originally going to be for Batman or the Dream Engine, so what can possibly need to be demoed again? :shrug:

Shhhh! It's a secret.

Evil One 24 Feb 2011 09:26

This musical should have been finished long ago. :roll:

AndrewG 24 Feb 2011 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 539720)
This musical should have been finished long ago. :roll:

Maybe we should check with Steven Stuarts' 100 year old mother. Jim working with such a youthful producer should have inspired Jim by no means.

MeatGrl1 24 Feb 2011 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 539708)
My guess is they are doing demos for the Musical . I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together , I have reached out several times . My reply has been to busy with the Musical.
M

:( !!

Hopefully you can work again soon :pray: !!!

AndrewG 24 Feb 2011 10:28

Does anyone know why Jim keeps posting the "Clothes I've designed" video on his Facebook? Is he ok? :?

GDW 24 Feb 2011 11:11

Maybe Jim is related in some way to Howard Hughes.:lol:

Rage Against 24 Feb 2011 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 539732)
Does anyone know why Jim keeps posting the "Clothes I've designed" video on his Facebook? Is he ok? :?

Has it been confirmed that is his actual Facebook and not a fake Jim Steinman?

Evil One 24 Feb 2011 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rage Against (Post 539755)
Has it been confirmed that is his actual Facebook and not a fake Jim Steinman?

It is Jim, although why he allows nutty twats like Dicky Arse to fill it full of :shit: is beyond me. :shrug:

Rage Against 24 Feb 2011 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 539631)
I'll believe it when I see it.

From what I can deduce Jim doesn't really seem to have music on his mind at the moment, going by his Facebook profile and what has been happening over the last decade. On his profile he seems to like to post some vids about his clothing ideas and random political stuff. Not saying that an artist can't do those things but keeping your main work a "secret" seems ludicrous to me in a time when probably the majority of people don't care about it except for his most dedicated fans, which figure I reckon is only in the thousands and hardly enough to consider filling a theatre night after night. Thus perhaps the secret element is only there so that no one will be expecting anything as not to disappoint anyone when things don't come of the ground, like what happened with the Batman musical.

In either case it doesn't sound like anything is at an advanced stage. At this rate I really don't think we will ever see this musical. I hope to be proven wrong but it's been what, like 5 years since we heard Jim talk about this idea. What's been done in all that time. To then present a musical with mostly old material really seems incredibly unproductive for an experienced song writer and composer.

I am not trying to debunk Jim's skills. I think he is an awesome songwriter, absolutely the best. But to have someone like Justin Hawkins contribute songs to Meat Loaf whilst we know Jim still has a few which he could sing and instead are gathering dust is a completely preposterous situation from two men who brought two of the best albums ever produced.

I agree keeping it a secret doesn't make a lot of sense, but then how secret is it if we're talking about it. And I think the power of the Jim Steinman name and the BOOH brand would fill the theater night after night. I would definitely put it on my "must see" list. And it is sad Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman may never work together again. These two made rock history together, twice, and it would be a shame not to have them collaborate again.

loaferman61 24 Feb 2011 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDoode (Post 538090)
Out of curiosity, if there was a thread titled "Kasim VS. Meat", would the subject then be open for discussion?

D. :cool:

LOL. Good point. :D

loaferman61 24 Feb 2011 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstro (Post 537878)
This thread has been cleaned up after having to be locked.

Please note that this thread will be locked again permanently and infraction points issued if it goes the same way as yesterday, keep the discussion to the topic in hand which is Kasim working with Jim and what that may produce and NOT what may or may not have happened between Meat and Kasim.

I hope "Life Is A Lemon" is on the project. Some really good meaning in the lyrics on that song. Maybe it will be on Jim and Kasim's collaboration.

The Flying Mouse 24 Feb 2011 18:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 539756)
It is Jim, although why he allows nutty twats like Dicky Arse to fill it full of :shit: is beyond me. :shrug:

:twisted: Eh?

Sorry to hear Meat and Jim have no plans to work together again.

They don't need each other, but they've certainly done their best work together.

Fire Ball 24 Feb 2011 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by loaferman61 (Post 539759)
I hope "Life Is A Lemon" is on the project. Some really good meaning in the lyrics on that song. Maybe it will be on Jim and Kasim's collaboration.

I can tell you this Kasim will not be in collaboration ,he will only be playing bass. The only 3 people to have any collaboration with Jim is myself, Roy and Todd. Everyone else works for Jim when he works.

M

Evil One 24 Feb 2011 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 539767)
Sorry to hear Meat and Jim have no plans to work together again.

They don't need each other, but they've certainly done their best work together.

When the musical really hits the :shit: then Jim will no doubt go running back to Meat as he has done in the past. :shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 539768)
The only 3 people to have any collaboration with Jim is myself, Roy and Todd. Everyone else works for Jim when he works.

Even Rinkoff?

The Flying Mouse 24 Feb 2011 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 539769)
When the musical really hits the :shit: then Jim will no doubt go running back to Meat as he has done in the past. :shrug:

:twisted: I can't see the musical happening, because Jim takes too long to put these things together, but I don't think Jim would "run back" to Meat in a position of weakness, but however you want to look at it :shrug:

Has Jim still got David Sonnoffabitchinburg draining his blood?



What was the Dicky Arse reference?
Does Jim have other people posting updates on his personal facebook page?

Evil One 24 Feb 2011 18:57

Dicky Arse is more commonly known as Richard Haase and is a :wacko:. Have a search on the Rockman for Haase or Dicky Arse and you'll see some gems. He's a good friend of Gibson/Jacko/Jackanapes/The_Jackster/whenitcomes2lovingU/Puddingsbestfriend/Whateverhescallinghimselftoday, so that probably tells you all you need to know. :lol: At one point he claimed (through the aforementioned Jacko) to be working on a musical with Jim, then sent a load of abusive emails to various people and now posts rubbish on Jim's Facebook. :nuts:

The Flying Mouse 24 Feb 2011 19:26

:twisted: Sounds like a fun guy :wtf:

AndyK 24 Feb 2011 20:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 539768)
I can tell you this Kasim will not be in collaboration ,he will only be playing bass. The only 3 people to have any collaboration with Jim is myself, Roy and Todd. Everyone else works for Jim when he works.

M

Roy really is an unsung hero on so much of Jim's work isn't he? His contributions often get overlooked but Mr Bittan is stellar!

Benny 24 Feb 2011 23:08

Yep, Roy is amazing!! What a talent!

Paul Richardson 24 Feb 2011 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 539708)
I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together.

You, me, everyone here, and the rest of the entire ~~~~ing world. Personally I can't see the point of a Bat musical, or why it would take so long given (presumably) all the songs are written already.

It's nothing short of tragic that you may not record together again...

ricgough 25 Feb 2011 04:42

Isn't that code for " Sonenberg won't let me" ?

The Flying Mouse 25 Feb 2011 16:38

:twisted: Let me fix that for you :wink:


Quote:

Originally Posted by ricgough (Post 539817)
Isn't that code for " Sonenberg won't let Jim" ?


glamourgirl 25 Feb 2011 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 539708)
I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together , I have reached out several times . My reply has been to busy with the Musical.
M

It would be awesome to hear more songs. Hopefully someday. I always hoped Patti would record some Steinman songs too. I love the song Total Eclipse of the Heart but I never cared much for Bonnie Tyler's voice.

Evil One 25 Feb 2011 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by glamourgirl (Post 539879)
I love the song Total Eclipse of the Heart but I never cared much for Bonnie Tyler's voice.

I agree with this. I like all of the Steinman song's that Bonnie has done, but I think that is in spite of her vocals, not because of them. :shrug:

Battybarb 26 Feb 2011 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by glamourgirl (Post 539879)
It would be awesome to hear more songs. Hopefully someday. I always hoped Patti would record some Steinman songs too. I love the song Total Eclipse of the Heart but I never cared much for Bonnie Tyler's voice.


i love Total Eclipse of the Heart and i do love Bonnies voice and the way she sings it ,i think she has a distinctive voice.
Would definately love to hear more songs from Jim

A Slice Of English 26 Feb 2011 09:51

I like her voice too, Battybarb. I think my favourite of hers is "Faster Than The Speed Of Night", however. I also like her rendition of "Tyre Tracks & Broken Hearts"

Battybarb 26 Feb 2011 10:06

Both great songs,Tyre Tracks is one of my favourite songs

Kev 26 Feb 2011 10:54

I think Jim needs to stop being so pretentious and wake up to the fact that his musicals and projects don't get off the ground. He has been trying things for years now and the last thing to do anything was his mismash of old songs in DOTV. Noone was interested in TDE - some average guy singing old meat loaf songs.

If he wants anything to happen then he clearly should sit down, write some new material, get Meat in the process and on vocals and then head to one of the major labels with the right press team.

Otherwise it will just be years more of stories of this happening, demos of that happening, something of this is going to happen - when eventually, the only thing that happens is nothing.

Jayd 26 Feb 2011 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev (Post 539948)
I think Jim needs to stop being so pretentious and wake up to the fact that his musicals and projects don't get off the ground. He has been trying things for years now and the last thing to do anything was his mismash of old songs in DOTV. Noone was interested in TDE - some average guy singing old meat loaf songs.

If he wants anything to happen then he clearly should sit down, write some new material, get Meat in the process and on vocals and then head to one of the major labels with the right press team.

Otherwise it will just be years more of stories of this happening, demos of that happening, something of this is going to happen - when eventually, the only thing that happens is nothing.

I don't think it's actually Jim to be honest, but some influence over him what stops him workin with Meat.

Evil One 26 Feb 2011 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayd (Post 539971)
I don't think it's actually Jim to be honest, but some influence over him what stops him workin with Meat.

Working with Meat is probably the best way for Jim to make any money. If the dark forces that control Jim prevent him from doing so then it is less likely that Jim will put out anything new. It's a theory that these dark forces are simply waiting for Jim to pop his clogs so they can cash in. They stand to make more money if they have more unreleased stuff to release. :shrug:

AndrewG 26 Feb 2011 13:54

Jim should stop wasting time and do a "Bat out of Hell: Resurrection" with Meat asap. In my opinion the musical stuff could be done by others with Jim perhaps giving advice etc. A bit like We Will Rock You and Queen. I really don't see the point in the original composer spending beyond 5 years on such a project.
If dark forces are preventing anything fruitful from happening they should be destroyed completely.

The Flying Mouse 26 Feb 2011 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 539972)
It's a theory that these dark forces are simply waiting for Jim to pop his clogs so they can cash in.

:twisted: That's the theory I subscribe too.
His estete will be a nice cash cow to some ruthless ~~~~~~~.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 539973)
I really don't see the point in the original composer spending beyond 5 years on such a project.

Neither do I.
FFS, if it's Bat Out Of Hell the musical, surely all the material is written.
What is the hold up, and why does Jim himself need to be so heavilly involved?


Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewG (Post 539973)
If dark forces are preventing anything fruitful from happening they should be destroyed completely.

You get the gonad electrocution kit, i'll grab the nipple sized pastry cutters :devil:

Evil One 26 Feb 2011 17:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Flying Mouse (Post 539987)
You get the gonad electrocution kit, i'll grab the nipple sized pastry cutters :devil:

Aren't they both at your house? :bleh:

The Flying Mouse 26 Feb 2011 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 539989)
Aren't they both at your house? :bleh:

:twisted: I'm not going to use my own am I? :roll:

Jayd 26 Feb 2011 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 539972)
Working with Meat is probably the best way for Jim to make any money. If the dark forces that control Jim prevent him from doing so then it is less likely that Jim will put out anything new. It's a theory that these dark forces are simply waiting for Jim to pop his clogs so they can cash in. They stand to make more money if they have more unreleased stuff to release. :shrug:

I agree, I just hope Jim wakes up to the crap he takes from certain individuals. Don't get me wrong, Meat most probably took the same crap too for a long time, but eventually stood up to certain individuals, and went his own way. But not everyone is the same, but one day, I hope to hear some new Jim/Meat material :D

renegadeangel 26 Feb 2011 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 539708)
My guess is they are doing demos for the Musical . I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together , I have reached out several times . My reply has been to busy with the Musical.
M


My opinion is that the backers of the musical are afraid that if any of Jim's "new songs" are released prior to the musical, that it might steal a bit too much thunder from the musical.

renegadeangel 26 Feb 2011 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rage Against (Post 539757)
I agree keeping it a secret doesn't make a lot of sense, but then how secret is it if we're talking about it. And I think the power of the Jim Steinman name and the BOOH brand would fill the theater night after night. I would definitely put it on my "must see" list. And it is sad Meat Loaf and Jim Steinman may never work together again. These two made rock history together, twice, and it would be a shame not to have them collaborate again.

Sorry but Jim's name won't fill much more than the first few rows. Its been years since he did anything at all. It's going to take a hit song to get things rolling, and this is where I think they've made a huge mistake not have Meat involved. That one will come back to haunt them.

nikox1 26 Feb 2011 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by renegadeangel (Post 540083)
Sorry but Jim's name won't fill much more than the first few rows. Its been years since he did anything at all. It's going to take a hit song to get things rolling, and this is where I think they've made a huge mistake not have Meat involved. That one will come back to haunt them.

its hard to say really, but sony will be the happy ones if it happens as Bat will storm up the charts

Evil One 26 Feb 2011 23:42

Followed by a best of Jim Steinman compilation or Bad For Good as it's currently known. :lol:

nikox1 26 Feb 2011 23:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 540090)
Followed by a best of Jim Steinman compilation or Bad For Good as it's currently known. :lol:

most likely:D

meatfanforlife 27 Feb 2011 00:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 539708)
My guess is they are doing demos for the Musical . I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together , I have reached out several times . My reply has been to busy with the Musical.
M

If its meant to be, it will be. There was never a better voice for his music than yours, and never better songs for your voice than his. Keep trying Meat.

AndrewG 27 Feb 2011 02:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatfanforlife (Post 540096)
If its meant to be, it will be. There was never a better voice for his music than yours, and never better songs for your voice than his. Keep trying Meat.

:up:

Sarge 27 Feb 2011 05:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 539708)
I wish the 2 of us would do some more songs together

And I had to take the flak for being wrongly believed to have suggested another Steinman / Meat Loaf collaboration... This forum is a strange place sometimes.

The Flying Mouse 27 Feb 2011 16:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by renegadeangel (Post 540082)
My opinion is that the backers of the musical are afraid that if any of Jim's "new songs" are released prior to the musical, that it might steal a bit too much thunder from the musical.

:twisted: I would have thought that new Steinman material on shop shelves could only higher his profile.
Not very much, granted, but it couldn't do any harm :shrug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 540090)
Followed by a best of Jim Steinman compilation or Bad For Good as it's currently known. :lol:

I think the name Bat Out Of Hell will always be linked to Meat, and he's the first person people will think of on hearing the name.
If people see the show and like the music, it'll be the Meat Loaf section of HMV they head to, not the Jim Steinman version, wether Meat is involved or not.

I'm not saying it's fair, i'm just saying it's so.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:22.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.07769 seconds with 11 queries.