mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Bruce Springsteen (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12828)

samurai7 10 Feb 2009 22:18

Bruce Springsteen
 
Anyone going to this?

http://www.hardrockcalling.co.uk/home/

I fancy it myself. Was wondering if there might be a mini-meet-up? :cool:

RadioMaster 10 Feb 2009 22:28

then you should post this on the Michael Ball - I mean Bruce Springstenn fansite :p

ChrisBelfast 10 Feb 2009 22:39

I'm tempted, got Dublin tickets waiting to see what other UK dates come up first, Hyde Park loks good though!

tonyloaf 10 Feb 2009 23:11

im there!!

samurai7 11 Feb 2009 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 456398)
then you should post this on the Michael Ball - I mean Bruce Springstenn fansite :p

I don't know anyone from that site to meet up with ;) :p :roll: :twisted: :cool:

RadioMaster 11 Feb 2009 08:27

i take it youre not a regular on the BS site :lol:

LucyK! 11 Feb 2009 10:06

Bruuuuuce!! :cheer:

SW31 11 Feb 2009 10:46

just might be tempted

samurai7 11 Feb 2009 18:38

got my ticket from the ticketmaster presale. anyone who wants the link, please PM me ;)

AndyK 11 Feb 2009 20:52

Is a duck's arse waterproof?

Cathie 12 Feb 2009 01:33

Oooooooh! *scrabbles around looking for money*

allrevvedup 12 Feb 2009 11:56

Not really a big fan of Bruce (Lucy and Andy are probably sharpening their knives ready to kill me :) ) but I wouldn't mind seeing him live.

With that said though, Aerosmith is supposed to be touring some time in June and I am looking to go to see that in the States somewhere, preferably somewhere I haven't been before.

LucyK! 12 Feb 2009 12:00

:twisted:

Seriously Mike, if you can make one of his shows you really really should. I never liked Springsteen and was completely uninterested in seeing him live, in fact when Andy booked tickets for the O2 back in 2007 I was more excited to be seeing Max Weinburg and Roy Bittan! But I swear, he came on stage and within the first minute of the first song I was completely hooked. Even if you're not a massive fan of the music the live show is amazing, I've never felt an atmosphere like it :up:

allrevvedup 12 Feb 2009 17:16

Will he sing Hungry Heart?!

ChrisBelfast 12 Feb 2009 18:48

Got my tickets today :D

AndyK 12 Feb 2009 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by allrevvedup (Post 456519)
Will he sing Hungry Heart?!

There's a good chance. If the set list is anything like the last tour then it's down to how Bruce feels on the night as to what gets performed, there were about half the songs that were consistent night to night and the rest were consistently changed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisNI (Post 456530)
Got my tickets today :D

Fantastic! See you there (and there) ;-)

ChrisBelfast 12 Feb 2009 20:04

Sheffield and Cardiff are both rumoured too, should hear soon on them, don't know if they will be as "glamouress" as Hyde Park though :)

RadioMaster 12 Feb 2009 20:20

the boss is definitively on my acts-to-see list. Missed the chance in 07 (or 08?), but unfortunately this year he is only doing two open air gigs over here. I'll save my money and go to the next arena tour when he comes around.

AndyK 12 Feb 2009 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisNI (Post 456535)
Sheffield and Cardiff are both rumoured too, should hear soon on them, don't know if they will be as "glamouress" as Hyde Park though :)

Sheffield will more than likely be the athletics arena next to the Hallam FM Arena, Cardiff is likely to be the National Stadium, both are fantastic venues for concerts. Saw Bruce at Cardiff last year and he certainly enjoyed it, promising to be back. I'd rate either location above Hyde Park I think.

There are rumours of a Scotland date too.

samurai7 12 Feb 2009 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 456537)
Sheffield will more than likely be the athletics arena next to the Hallam FM Arena, Cardiff is likely to be the National Stadium, both are fantastic venues for concerts. Saw Bruce at Cardiff last year and he certainly enjoyed it, promising to be back. I'd rate either location above Hyde Park I think.

There are rumours of a Scotland date too.

well last time he did Cardiff on a Sat and I couldn't go as I had a gig booked myself, but if he plays there again this year, I'll go (again depending on my own diary)

ChrisBelfast 12 Feb 2009 23:08

I heard Sheffield was June 25th at Don Valley...is that the place you were talking about?

AndyK 13 Feb 2009 00:22

Yeah Don Valley's the place.

LucyK! 13 Feb 2009 10:02

Really hoping for Cardiff again, it was a great venue and right in the city centre too so plenty of places to see, go to eat...we had a really good day there!

Monstro 13 Feb 2009 11:15

One of the best weekends in my life in Cardiff, brilliant place.

Heli 14 Feb 2009 23:49

Ooooo Anyone fancy buying me a ticket?! :D




(It's worth a try isn't it? ;-) )!

samurai7 14 May 2009 20:04

my ticket arrived today. getting quite excited now! who's coming? :cool:

AndyK 14 May 2009 20:11

Yeah ours arrived this morning too :))

Set lists from the shows in the US so far look fantastic!

evil nickname 14 May 2009 23:44

Over here he's only playing on the Pinkpop festival. Which gave me a good excuse to go to Dublin.

samurai7 15 May 2009 18:04

just been looking at the setlists for the US shows. Looks like we're in for a treat!

samurai7 08 Jun 2009 20:15

booked my hotel and train today! :cool:

I'm there from Friday to Monday if anyone wants a drink with me!

Monstro 08 Jun 2009 20:17

where?

AndyK 08 Jun 2009 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai7 (Post 463458)
booked my hotel and train today! :cool:

I'm there from Friday to Monday if anyone wants a drink with me!


Just the one drink, that's pathetic, increase your offer or we're not turning up :p

samurai7 08 Jun 2009 20:30

oh yeah, London Hyde Park.

samurai7 08 Jun 2009 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyK (Post 463463)
Just the one drink, that's pathetic, increase your offer or we're not turning up :p

I measure my drinks in 'bottles' :twisted:

AndyK 08 Jun 2009 20:34

Fair comment. Can't remember where we're staying, but we'll have to meet up certainly!

ChrisBelfast 08 Jun 2009 20:50

The last show timed in at approx 3hours 10mins...this is gonna be a good tour

samurai7 22 Jun 2009 19:09

whoo, under a week to go now. So, who's around in the capital on Fri/Sat/Sun that would like a little drink or twenty with me? ;)

AndyK 22 Jun 2009 20:44

We're arriving Saturday, leaving Monday. Will let you know where we are tomorrow when I can get to the hotel reservation which is usefully at work when I'm not.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:46.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.04600 seconds with 11 queries.