mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   (I) Couldn't Have Said It Better (Myself) (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Testify Universal Promo... (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12411)

Kev 03 Oct 2008 10:10

Testify Universal Promo...
 
... has anyone ever seen one or got one?

SamCat 03 Oct 2008 10:16

Well i've got one so they cant be that rare lol!!

meatloaf-unofficial 03 Oct 2008 10:47

I see them on ebay now and again - supposedly so I'll get round to getting one sometime lol

Wario 03 Oct 2008 11:29

I do, its basically the same as CHSIB just less content and Decedent Wish.

On my version, the edit of DIST, Testify, and Decedent Wish are different.

Kev 03 Oct 2008 12:03

Really! I didn't even know there were any until yesterday :(

Has anyone got any pix?!?

evil nickname 03 Oct 2008 12:24

No pix, but some information on my website.

Basically, it's a CD (can't recal if it was a CDr or a factory pressed one) in a plastic sleeve, with a plain white paper insert with the track titles. Slightly different versions for some of the songs, most notably 'Testify'.

SamCat 03 Oct 2008 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 440585)
Well i've got one so they cant be that rare lol!!

Oops apparently i dont have one i've just been told!! Sorry lol!!

Monstro 03 Oct 2008 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamCat (Post 440600)
Oops apparently i dont have one i've just been told!! Sorry lol!!

Told you you should've waited til the begging for a copy requests came in lol

SamCat 03 Oct 2008 12:56

Or until the cheques had cleared lol!!

Kev 03 Oct 2008 13:09

I've got a first pressing promo of CHSIB with a different version of Testify.

Gutted. You think you have (almost) everything and this pops up!

I've just managed to get my hands on a copy of Because Of You promo for a fiver hah.

evil nickname 03 Oct 2008 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by icwuke (Post 440605)
You think you have (almost) everything and this pops up!

Tell me about it...

meatloaf-unofficial 06 Oct 2008 17:17

Well I finally got a copy :-)

So thank you friend ;-) :lol:

Wario 06 Oct 2008 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatloaf-unofficial (Post 440920)
Well I finally got a copy :-)

So thank you friend ;-) :lol:

Your Welcome Friend :kickass:

Monstro 24 Oct 2008 19:51

I didn't know this existed either and felt the same "something I ain't got" feeling...

now rectified that feeling, promo cd on it's way from France.

rockfenris2005 29 Oct 2008 02:52

Isn't the cover for this what was on the Meat Loaf US Fan Club Site in 2001?

evil nickname 29 Oct 2008 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfenris2005 (Post 444061)
Isn't the cover for this what was on the Meat Loaf US Fan Club Site in 2001?

No. There is no cover, just a printed inlay with track titles.

carole 30 Oct 2008 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by icwuke (Post 440605)
I've got a first pressing promo of CHSIB with a different version of Testify.

Gutted. You think you have (almost) everything and this pops up!

I've just managed to get my hands on a copy of Because Of You promo for a fiver hah.

I haven't heard of either of them either, so that's something else to be on the lookout for.

Carole

Kev 04 Nov 2008 10:59

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Can't find one anywhere!

I still need this and a CHSIB vinyl :(

Not impressed!

I'm guessing there is lots more stuff I don't have! I got 'Back Into Hell Again' from Germany the other day, it's a 'Best Of' with 3 Steinman Bad For Good tracks, Heros and Eddies Teddy. Was a pretty good find I think. Never come across Meat's Eddies Teddy and Heros on CD before?

evil nickname 04 Nov 2008 11:38

"Eddie's Teddy" is from the Roxy Cast version of The Rocky Horror Show. The CD should still be in print.

When "Heroes" was first released as a single, there was a CD version. Still haven't been able to locate a copy myself. (Not that I'm really trying, seeing what they're going for.) Besides that, it does appear on several 'budget' compilations. And not nescesarily exclusive Meat Loaf themed ones. I got one on a 'Rock Hits' compilation, with tracks by Alice Cooper ("Freedom"), Saxon ("Ride Like the Wind") and Great White ("Rock Me").

Wario 04 Nov 2008 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by evil nickname (Post 444733)
"Eddie's Teddy" is from the Roxy Cast version of The Rocky Horror Show. The CD should still be in print.

When "Heroes" was first released as a single, there was a CD version. Still haven't been able to locate a copy myself. (Not that I'm really trying, seeing what they're going for.) Besides that, it does appear on several 'budget' compilations. And not nescesarily exclusive Meat Loaf themed ones. I got one on a 'Rock Hits' compilation, with tracks by Alice Cooper ("Freedom"), Saxon ("Ride Like the Wind") and Great White ("Rock Me").

Yea 100 bucks a pop is too much, but I posted the CD version on my website for whoevers interested.

The pasge aint done yet with linkage but whatevers in green you can hear a short 30 second clip. Heroes is the entire CD version for those who cant afford the 150 bucker.

Link's in my sig

Evil One 04 Nov 2008 16:04

Heroes is better than half of BBIS.

Wario 04 Nov 2008 16:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil One (Post 444759)
Heroes is better than half of BBIS.

Half of BBIS: Masculine, Burning Down, BBIS, Rock & Roll hero, and Getting Away With Murder

Masculine and Burning Down, IMO are better than Heroes but heroes does beat the rest.

djfierce 04 Nov 2008 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by icwuke (Post 444724)
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Can't find one anywhere!

I still need this and a CHSIB vinyl :(

Not impressed!

I'm guessing there is lots more stuff I don't have! I got 'Back Into Hell Again' from Germany the other day, it's a 'Best Of' with 3 Steinman Bad For Good tracks, Heros and Eddies Teddy. Was a pretty good find I think. Never come across Meat's Eddies Teddy and Heros on CD before?

you should live on ebay like M :p

carole 05 Nov 2008 07:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfierce (Post 444762)
you should live on ebay like M :p

I practically live on ebay, and I haven't seen them. The only time I saw the vinyl CHSIB it went for an outrageously expensive price and I was saving for the UK concerts at the time. I've got Bat 2 & 3 and WTTN on vinyl. I have my original vinyl of BOOH somewhere, and the picture disc, and a blood red vinyl of it as well.

Carole

Dave 26 Nov 2008 19:01

I got the first ever copy of the "test pressing" off of eBay. Let me tell you..that was a fight for the death!

carole 27 Nov 2008 09:03

I know what you mean, I just finally got the Bat 2 vinyl picture disc and paid a pretty penny for it too, a lot more than I really wanted to spend, especially as the way the Aussie dollar is at the moment, but I've been trying to get it for ages and was determined this time it would be mine!!!!!

Carole

RadioMaster 27 Nov 2008 16:36

it pops up every once in a while...think i paid 30€ for it a while ago

Wario 27 Nov 2008 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioMaster (Post 447912)
it pops up every once in a while...think i paid 30€ for it a while ago

Yup samed ;)

carole 27 Nov 2008 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarioLoaf (Post 447917)
Yup samed ;)

Yeah I paid 31 pounds for it, but when converted was 80 Aussie dollars. I hate currency conversion. I long for a day when the Aussie dollar is worth more than British pounds and US dollars, although it was almost equal to the US dollar back in July when I went to the UK. It ain't fair!!!!!!

Carole

Elijah's way 11 Jan 2009 04:04

how many copies did chsib sale:??:

nikox1 20 Feb 2009 11:03

couldnt have said it better has sold as follows,,

usa - 100,000+
uk - 150,000+
ger - 125,000+
ire - 30,000+
den - 30,000+
swi - 13,500+
aus - 12,000+
rest of europe - 115,000+

australia - 30,000+
n zealand - 10,000+
asia - shipped 150,000+

worldwide sales est -- 800,000

Kev 22 Jun 2009 10:30

I still want one of these!

Dave 14 Mar 2013 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kev (Post 440584)
... has anyone ever seen one or got one?

I promise this is not a thread bump.... I own the first one. :D

Elijah's way 15 Mar 2013 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikox1 (Post 457029)
couldnt have said it better has sold as follows,,

usa - 100,000+
uk - 150,000+
ger - 125,000+
ire - 30,000+
den - 30,000+
swi - 13,500+
aus - 12,000+
rest of europe - 115,000+

australia - 30,000+
n zealand - 10,000+
asia - shipped 150,000+

worldwide sales est -- 800,000

so what's the numbers now?

chairboys 15 Mar 2013 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah's way (Post 586295)
so what's the numbers now?

Bar, possibly, the worldwide sales estimate, all the figures are still correct!

stretch37 15 Mar 2013 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikox1 (Post 457029)
couldnt have said it better has sold as follows,,

usa - 100,000+
uk - 150,000+
ger - 125,000+
ire - 30,000+
den - 30,000+
swi - 13,500+
aus - 12,000+
rest of europe - 115,000+

australia - 30,000+
n zealand - 10,000+
asia - shipped 150,000+

worldwide sales est -- 800,000

Handbasket and Teddy Bear sales would be neat to see as well ;)

PanicLord 15 Mar 2013 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch37 (Post 586308)
Handbasket and Teddy Bear sales would be neat to see as well ;)


Yes very much!

Ollie241189 17 May 2013 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikox1 (Post 457029)
couldnt have said it better has sold as follows,,

usa - 100,000+
uk - 150,000+
ger - 125,000+
ire - 30,000+
den - 30,000+
swi - 13,500+
aus - 12,000+
rest of europe - 115,000+

australia - 30,000+
n zealand - 10,000+
asia - shipped 150,000+

worldwide sales est -- 800,000

I remember when it was released! I had the first copy in HMV on release day and it was absolutely everywhere... I was in my prime, being a big Meat fan, when this was released!!!

Guy 15 Jul 2014 16:33

Has anybody got a copy of the aussie chsib?
In the process of buying one but the person reckons it has no extra live tracks even though it is the same polydor number.
Are they 'hidden'....not listed on the booklet???
Thanks.

melon 15 Jul 2014 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 605093)
Has anybody got a copy of the aussie chsib?
In the process of buying one but the person reckons it has no extra live tracks even though it is the same polydor number.
Are they 'hidden'....not listed on the booklet???
Thanks.

Mine does

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner

Evil One 15 Jul 2014 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 605093)
Has anybody got a copy of the aussie chsib?
In the process of buying one

I honestly wouldn't bother. The live tracks are very poor. :down:

LucyK! 15 Jul 2014 21:25

I love Lemon from that recording!

Wario 16 Jul 2014 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 605097)
I love Lemon from that recording!

BUt it sounds tinny...

Dave 16 Jul 2014 07:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wario (Post 605101)
BUt it sounds tinny...

The entire original Bat Out Of Hell album sounds tinny though..

LucyK! 16 Jul 2014 08:26

Ok...I love the arrangement of Lemon from that recording.

Wario 16 Jul 2014 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyK! (Post 605103)
Ok...I love the arrangement of Lemon from that recording.

That i can agree with!!

Love the horn stuff during the last few minutes with the we will rock you beat.

Dave 16 Jul 2014 15:03

Every time I listen to the live cut of Love You Out Loud from that recording, I get extremely melancholy thinking of how great of a song that is live and wishing it had remained in the show for more than just the first couple of nights of the tour. Such brilliant sounds coming from my speakers when I listen to it.

Evil One 16 Jul 2014 20:52

Every time I listen to it, it makes me realise how much better Paul Crook is at mixing than Kasim.

anotherday 17 Jul 2014 04:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 605108)
Every time I listen to the live cut of Love You Out Loud from that recording, I get extremely melancholy thinking of how great of a song that is live and wishing it had remained in the show for more than just the first couple of nights of the tour. Such brilliant sounds coming from my speakers when I listen to it.

Can this be found Online?

tonyloaf 17 Jul 2014 08:29

still makes me laugh when i watch MSO testify how nervous the kids chior are lol

JennaG 17 Jul 2014 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 605112)
still makes me laugh when i watch MSO testify how nervous the kids chior are lol

You'd have thought that they'd be used to performing on stage as they're a national choir.

tonyloaf 17 Jul 2014 12:16

yeah right!

melon 17 Jul 2014 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by JennaG (Post 605113)

You'd have thought that they'd be used to performing on stage as they're a national choir.

Maybe not for something like that. Look at the age of them.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Forum Runner

Cherry.Loaf 17 Jul 2014 22:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherday (Post 605111)
Can this be found Online?

I second that!

Yevonda 19 Jul 2014 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 605112)
still makes me laugh when i watch MSO testify how nervous the kids chior are lol

That is one of my favorite performances by Meat!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:52.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.04827 seconds with 11 queries.