mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Messages (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   RockTellz & CockTails presents Meat Loaf (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19300)

Wario 07 Aug 2013 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 596062)
NOT The approved one !!!

Yay nothing is stripped down!
Masculine's getting the Vegas treatment right? Show girls and all? :))

CarylB 07 Aug 2013 01:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 596060)
I've been reading everywhere and it is driving me crazy , This show so far from being stripped down. It's more over the top than anything I have ever done !! You could not tour this show! We approved a press release , then they Changed it. Reporters don't read it says nothing about stripped down music. Pissed me off . Stripped down is so 90's ... This is Vegas dude !!
Meat

The day you strip a show down is the day we'll see Jeremy Clarkson take to riding a bicycle ;)

Mind you, a lot of what I'm reading everywhere is driving me crazy!

More over the top than anything you've ever done .. it will be AMAZING! Hope it's the huge success you deserve!

Caryl x

Sebastian. 07 Aug 2013 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 596064)
The day you strip a show down is the day we'll see Jeremy Clarkson take to riding a bicycle ;)

Caryl x

Erm, it was covered in this series of Top Gear that Jeremy has bought a bike.

Vickip 07 Aug 2013 02:48

Quote:

I've been reading everywhere and it is driving me crazy , This show so far from being stripped down. It's more over the top than anything I have ever done !! You could not tour this show! We approved a press release , then they Changed it. Reporters don't read, it says nothing about stripped down music. Pissed me off . Stripped down is so 90's ... This is Vegas dude !!
Meat

The show sounds so amazing Meat .... I hope it's a huge success for everyone involved :D

CarylB 07 Aug 2013 03:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian. (Post 596065)
Erm, it was covered in this series of Top Gear that Jeremy has bought a bike.

OK then .. has given up driving cars, (which I thought was implied ;) ) rides a bike, takes the bus, and thinks speed limits should be reduced to 50mph

suzieq 07 Aug 2013 04:27

Quote:

I've been reading everywhere and it is driving me crazy , This show so far from being stripped down. It's more over the top than anything I have ever done !! You could not tour this show! We approved a press release , then they Changed it. Reporters don't read, it says nothing about stripped down music. Pissed me off . Stripped down is so 90's ... This is Vegas dude !!
Meat

Oh wow, yes, I too was reading stripped down version from different press releases. They almost made it sound like it was going to be an unplugged acoustic show. If people take those press releases and set their expectations, I bet many will be slightly surprised. Wait til' the pyro hits. "Stripped down", pffft, my a$$.

MarkS 07 Aug 2013 04:58

Quote:

I've been reading everywhere and it is driving me crazy , This show so far from being stripped down. It's more over the top than anything I have ever done !! You could not tour this show! We approved a press release , then they Changed it. Reporters don't read, it says nothing about stripped down music. Pissed me off . Stripped down is so 90's ... This is Vegas dude !! Meat

Hell yea, roll on Sept 26th

Viva Las Vegas

The Flying Mouse 07 Aug 2013 05:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 596061)
Meat Loaf will offer a once-in-a-lifetime, stripped down deconstruction of his career, including performances of his biggest hits.

:twisted: To be fair, to strip down and to deconstruct pretty means the same thing, and both terms are used to describe a retrospective of your career and experiences over the years.

The way I interpret what is said on the press release is that your career will be taken apart and looked at.
During this examination you will perform some of the songs that were highlights of your professional journey.

I don't think it's that bad, but there's obviously room for misunderstanding. :bleh:

I'm sure the show will be killer.
Hope you have a lot of fun and success in Vegas Meat :up:

Jules13 07 Aug 2013 13:40

Quote:

I've been reading everywhere and it is driving me crazy , This show so far from being stripped down. It's more over the top than anything I have ever done !! Meat

Hey Meat, that's what I expected. ;)
It will be a fantastic awesome (...) show with a very special atmosphere.
Don't bother with those "dumb people". Your friends here know that you work hard and that you wouldn' t strip down anything! In Vegas only girls strip anyway, right... :D
Jules

ninja 07 Aug 2013 13:44

Quote:

Meat

this show will be unbelievable and beyond words - that's for sure :-)
personally I don't believe doubtless what any reporter writes ... ;-)

JaysScout 07 Aug 2013 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 596062)
NOT The approved one !!!

Well....it's nice you cleared up the whole "stripped down show" confusion. However, I must admit, my wife is a little disappointed. She thought that meant Randy would be taking his shirt off!!! LOL

See you on October 10th Buddy!

Butcher King 07 Aug 2013 16:41

Quote:

It's more over the top than anything I have ever done !! You could not tour this show!
This is Vegas dude !!
Meat

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!

Vickip 07 Aug 2013 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaysScout (Post 596076)
Well....it's nice you cleared up the whole "stripped down show" confusion. However, I must admit, my wife is a little disappointed. She thought that meant Randy would be taking his shirt off!!! LOL

:lmao:

tonyloaf 07 Aug 2013 18:39

Meat the show will rock!

The press are dickheads we all know that

suzieq 08 Aug 2013 02:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaysScout (Post 596076)

:spit:

CarylB 08 Aug 2013 02:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 596079)
Meat the show will rock!

The press are dickheads we all know that

It will indeed .. and yes we do ;) But you can understand why Meat is miffed. What appears in the press can influence people, and he wants the show to sell out and be a success. Those of us here and on FB won't fill the theatre every night. They'll want to pull in a lot of casual fans, people who might not even say they are "fans", but will be in Vegas, looking for entertainment .. and the way the show is described can inform/affect their decision.

Once he's started and the full excitement of the show is seen, hopefully there will be sufficient media coverage to more accurately describe what the show is like and people will beat a path to its door :-)

tonyloaf 08 Aug 2013 08:16

just such a shame it happens again and again, this great artist never gets what he really should get!

Jules13 08 Aug 2013 08:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyloaf (Post 596098)
just such a shame it happens again and again, this great artist never gets what he really should get!

Yes, it is a shame.
Finally Meat will get what he really should get from his fans. ;)

We should write a pre-review though.... :D

melon 08 Aug 2013 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 596064)

:lol::lol::lol:

Evil One 08 Aug 2013 11:38

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...63_306x626.jpg

CarylB 08 Aug 2013 11:49

Yes, we've dealt with that already. Mel knew what I meant .. as did most people. I meant exclusively .. and check his garage!! It's not full of lawnmowers and power tools.

suzieq 08 Aug 2013 20:54

Quote:

True. On a different slant, there is a nice billboard up in Vegas ;) !

LucyK! 08 Aug 2013 20:58

Quote:

Didn't stop the O2 selling out though did it ;)

Fire Ball 08 Aug 2013 21:05

People that aren't fans only hear Bat out of hell and expect me to have the same sped up 1/4 tone voice that was on Bat in 1976 when it was recorded. The tone of of my voice has changed because of the 3 sinus and the 2 Vocal cord surgery's. The tone change makes people say it's out of Key , I'm not . I'm not saying every note is perfect here and every night is great , I hit some flat notes but I'm not out of key, All you have to do is listen to the backgrounds . When someone is out of Key there is a huge clash between BG's and Piano. There are no clashes like that on any show tape . . There are show tapes I don't like and upsets me. We still do Bat, Paradise and Took the words in the same key they were recorded ,not sped up keys . Elton has lowered his keys a step or a step and a have down. D.T. and some of his evil band have been posting reviews on ticketmaster in the states to try and bring down my Star average. Motley Crue has a better star average than I do and he doesn't even sing the songs ... the Audience does , he sings a line and points the mike to the audience they sing. Venting, Meat

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarylB (Post 596092)
It will indeed .. and yes we do ;) But you can understand why Meat is miffed. What appears in the press can influence people, and he wants the show to sell out and be a success. Those of us here and on FB won't fill the theatre every night. They'll want to pull in a lot of casual fans, people who might not even say they are "fans", but will be in Vegas, looking for entertainment .. and the way the show is described can inform/affect their decision.

Once he's started and the full excitement of the show is seen, hopefully there will be sufficient media coverage to more accurately describe what the show is like and people will beat a path to its door :-)

JennaG 08 Aug 2013 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Ball (Post 596112)
The tone of of my voice has changed because of the 3 sinus and the 2 Vocal cord surgery's. The tone change makes people say it's out of Key , I'm not . I'm not saying every note is perfect here and every night is great , I hit some flat notes but I'm not out of key, All you have to do is listen to the backgrounds .

When I was at Sheffield this year I was sitting there just focusing on the quality of the musicians and your vocals and although I'd already seen you in concert three times before that, you amazed me with your voice. Yes, I know the tone of your voice has changed and I wouldn't expect you to sound like you did in 1977 but I like how your vioce is now and you certainly were NOT out of key or lacking in power.

You really do deserve better Meat but some people have rather sad lives and take pleasure out of trying to tear others down.

It sounds like you've got an AMAZING show planned for Vegas and althought I can't be there myself I'm looking forward to hearing about it from those who will be there.