mlukfc.com Forums

mlukfc.com Forums (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Some people deserve to rot in hell (https://www.mlukfc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20182)

loaferman61 19 Sep 2016 17:07

Not sure how this ended up in off-topic, but really no surprise (the radio part). Radio hosts thrive on being controversial. People like Howard Stern and Opie and Anthony have built careers off of it. They are smarmy, snarky, and condescending.

The fact that they played carefully selected clips (which really weren't bad) to critique says it all. Those clips sounded very echo heavy and not like the CD at all.

They said they challenge anyone to say it isn't bad, OK "Jonesey" I will say it. That isn't bad. Just because you have a microphone doesn't make my opinion any less than yours, you just try to influence people and saying Meat isn't quite "right" is just insulting. He rambles a bit at times and is in pain, which you mention but do not take into account when you critique.

I don't have a problem with anyone's views on an album, but this seemed more a bit personal than focused on the actual music to me.

He was nice enough to be a guest on your little show so at least common courtesy was due.

loaferman61 19 Sep 2016 17:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by stretch37 (Post 618075)
Good, because I knew nothing about her being from Canada. Glad to hear it :!:

I did not either but reading this:
"Meanwhile, cosmetic surgery enthusiast Katie - who has had eight boob jobs, a nose job and regular Botox and face filler injections"

Makes me wonder how she can talk about "dead bodies" when hers is plastic.

ashkent7 19 Sep 2016 17:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by loaferman61 (Post 618185)
Those clips sounded very echo heavy and not like the CD at all.

It sounded to me like the held their mic to the computer and recorded the rolling stone stream (which did have a strange and distracting echo to it compared to the iTunes edit and the album.

Basically, they couldn't even be bothered to listen to or put together a clip from the actual record to me.

ThatWriterGuy 20 Sep 2016 14:01

Speaking of 'deserving to rot in hell' -- I was forwarded a review which I've only just managed to get around to reading. I use the word 'review' pretty loosely, as it reads more like an assassination piece written by an angry roadie-turned-inter-blogger (or, dare I say it, 'socially wronged tribute act!).

Article here:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...5d0b553db49d50

A truly sad and shameful piece of 'journalism'... either way you look at it.

robgomm 20 Sep 2016 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 618227)
Speaking of 'deserving to rot in hell' -- I was forwarded a review which I've only just managed to get around to reading. I use the word 'review' pretty loosely, as it reads more like an assassination piece written by an angry roadie-turned-inter-blogger (or, dare I say it, 'socially wronged tribute act!).

Article here:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...5d0b553db49d50

A truly sad and shameful piece of 'journalism'... either way you look at it.

It's Australian media, what do we expect? Nothing against Aussies in general but we know what's happened with Meat in Aus, let's leave it at that and agree to totally disregard things like this.

ashkent7 20 Sep 2016 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 618227)
Speaking of 'deserving to rot in hell' -- I was forwarded a review which I've only just managed to get around to reading. I use the word 'review' pretty loosely, as it reads more like an assassination piece written by an angry roadie-turned-inter-blogger (or, dare I say it, 'socially wronged tribute act!).

Article here:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...5d0b553db49d50

A truly sad and shameful piece of 'journalism'... either way you look at it.

I think the guy seriously has a thing for large endangered animals.
I don't even know why he bothers going into a track by track "analysis" only to repeat himself over and over. Must be on commission from thesaurus.com to use as many different variants of shot as he can.

For me...just this...

http://media.mlxxfc.net/Capture2.JPG

Clearly by using the AFL video, he has pretty much removed whatever trickle of journalism is actually there and become Joe Bloggs who blagged a spot as a reviewer.

And what exactly is that title? Not that it would change much, but at least if he had just put "Flat Out Of Hell" and left it at that it would at least make it appear that he knows something about basic journalism and what a headline's purpose is.

Hmm...hang on there's something on my show. It looks like Cameron Adams...no my mistake. It's just sh-

AndrewG 20 Sep 2016 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThatWriterGuy (Post 618227)
Speaking of 'deserving to rot in hell' -- I was forwarded a review which I've only just managed to get around to reading. I use the word 'review' pretty loosely, as it reads more like an assassination piece written by an angry roadie-turned-inter-blogger (or, dare I say it, 'socially wronged tribute act!).

Article here:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...5d0b553db49d50

A truly sad and shameful piece of 'journalism'... either way you look at it.

Saw that article at the weekend. I wanted to write that Cameron asshole on Twitter but seriously what is the point? :roll: His game is exactly that, to seek attention, using his (paid for) platform to tear things a new asshole. That's what the game is of most people on the net these days it seems. Attention seeking, trash talking, parasitic behaviour. One that destructs and not one that creates, amazes or informs. It's almost a form of verbal terrorism I think. Trying to showcase the worst of someone for his own personal gain. I guess he feels better about himself for posting it and repeat tweeting about it. He probably re-reads that one article more than any positive album reviews he ever wrote, it is my guess.

I like the album. Some parts I think are maybe a bit difficult to digest but other parts are true genius and beautiful. Mostly the album is good in comparison to Meat's back catalogue. Even if I were the only one who liked it, I'm still thankful Meat and Jim made this and that it exists. How much other people try to crap on it is not going to make me change my mind about that at all.

It is all very time wasting focusing on this sort of stuff I feel.

There are better things I can do and will do with my time. Such as feel inspired by the new music and try to use my time for things I can create myself or learn something new each day, very much like Meat himself said. At least in between other commitments. Using that time for something positive is always going to be better than think about Cameron and his verbal terrorism.

I actually thank Cameron for writing such an extreme negative piece. I know what I must and must not do now...

If I don't speak to some of you for a little while:
Cheerio in the mean time... ;) :wave:

ThatWriterGuy 20 Sep 2016 15:17

I agree completely -- in fact, except for this forum, I don't use any form of social media at all, (no Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vine -- whatever that is) for all of the above reasons (and more). I think that the 'you have to have an e-profile if you're an artist/writer/etc.' mantra of the last decade is finally starting to subside (whereupon it will hopefully slip off the edge of whatever chasm it was laid out upon and quietly drift into the endless depths of a black and absolute nothing).

Did I ever tell you how I don't like social media?

Sue K 20 Sep 2016 23:50

oy
 
Unbelievable ... :roll:

It's not bad enough a link to a nasty review of Meat's new album is posted and it's pointed out it should not have been as Meat visits here and it's likely to upset him...

But then another link to another piece of nasty is posted and just in case Meat doesn't have time to hit onto the link, an excerpt is pulled and posted ... How helpful ...

Unbelievable ... :roll:

ashkent7 21 Sep 2016 00:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue K (Post 618263)
But then another link to another piece of nasty is posted and just in case Meat doesn't have time to hit onto the link, an excerpt is pulled and posted ... How helpful ...

The piece posted isn't from the article...it is from someone who commented on the piece saying what a lot of us are thinking about that reviewer.

And I think the reaction that has been show to those two reports in this forum and the comments attached to the "articles", actually stands to show Meat all he needs to know. They are a sad, clearly unhappy minority, who probably need to look at themselves rather than the things they "review".

Sue K 21 Sep 2016 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashkent7 (Post 618265)
The piece posted isn't from the article...it is from someone who commented on the piece saying what a lot of us are thinking about that reviewer.

And I think the reaction that has been show to those two reports, actually stands to show Meat all he needs to know. They are a sad, clearly unhappy minority, who probably need to look at themselves rather than the things they "review".

Had Meat hit on the link he probably would have seen the reaction (I didn't hit the link) and the reaction posted summarized the negativity.

lorenzoduke 21 Sep 2016 01:39

We're fans, we know better. We also know the motives of these hacks. How about we just say '~~~~ these people' and move on rather than giving them the oxygen they so desperately crave?

ThatWriterGuy 21 Sep 2016 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue K (Post 618263)
Unbelievable ... :roll:

It's not bad enough a link to a nasty review of Meat's new album is posted and it's pointed out it should not have been as Meat visits here and it's likely to upset him...

But then another link to another piece of nasty is posted and just in case Meat doesn't have time to hit onto the link, an excerpt is pulled and posted ... How helpful ...

Unbelievable ... :roll:

Yeah, slight overreaction there, I think.

I deliberately posted the link in this thread just so that Meat would NOT see it. I checked, and either Andy or Monstro told me that Meat NEVER checks the Off Topic section -- so my conscience is clear! :cool:


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:56.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©1999 - mlukfc.com
Made by R.


Page generated in 0.04111 seconds with 11 queries.