PDA

View Full Version : NEW ALBUM COMING SOON (ISH)

wolfy35
04 May 2007, 14:59
Just watched an interview with Meat on This Morning no singing but who cares it was Meat. He spoke about the fact that it was Jims health problems with having two small strokes that prevented him from producing BOOH3 but then he dropped a nice big juicy sweet bombshell.

" I AM GOING TO WORK WITH JIM AGAIN "

If this isnt meat admitting that there will be at least one more album i dont know what is

Anubis
04 May 2007, 15:08
Thanx for that, looks promising.

meatloaf-unofficial
04 May 2007, 15:14
I heard sometime ago that he was

a) going to work with Jim to make a Bat Musical based on the Bat Albums and for it to be on stage and in movie which Meat was to be in (sorry, but I cannot remember which site this came from)

b) There was an idea, (think I found it on here or .net site) that there was to be a Very Best Of Album released and would have two new songs on it.

WHo knows - we'll have to wait and see :-)

DazLoaf01
04 May 2007, 15:54
Rumour Control:

Meat is NOT involved in the BAT Musical - it's Jim Steinman's project.

Jim stated on his blog that there was an idea to record several new songs with Meat, that could end up on a 30th anniversary "best of" BAT. Both Meat and Jim have mentioned this.

On the interview today Meat said that it was looking like he and Jim would work together again, and specifically said it was to conclude the BAT saga. Said their relationship was now "good". Meat mentioned he had talked to Jim's attorney just before leaving for London, and he said he really wanted to do it and that he (Jim's attorney) thinks that's what Jim wants too. Meat also said it would NOT be called BAT4, but go under a different title. Hopefully the video of the interview will pop up soon so everyone can see it.

meatloaf-unofficial
04 May 2007, 20:21
thanks - can't wait for this :-)

Oh I remember now - he also said something about 2009??
any ideas ?

mikeloaf
05 May 2007, 01:19
Yes it does seem that we are going to get another album. 2009 would be about right as Meat is touring 2007/8. He did say it wouldn't be called Bat 4 ( he also said during the promo for it's all coming back.... that he wouldn't do Bat 4 ). I think this is great news.

batcity
05 May 2007, 09:36
true words from the man himself!! good interview

WhenItComes2LovingU
13 May 2007, 18:15
More news thanks to Daz at this link (http://lordofexcess.proboards52.com/index.cgi?board=finalatbat&action=display&thread=1178726106&page=1#1178911758).

A release date has been set for three or four years from now (2009-10). At one point, BAT3 producer Desmond Child was set to produce the new album, with Jim to be present as supervisor during those sessions. However, recent mentions of the project have removed Child from the director's chair and firmly replaced him with Jim.

7 new songs will be on the album, but that is not the largest amount. Close to 15 demos were reportedly sent to Meat. 3.5 of the songs from those demos made it onto the eventual BAT3 ("If It Ain't Broke" being half of "(It Hurts) Only When I Feel"), and more new material is still in sight, including the long-rumored "Renegade Angel," which (according to his blog, as of 2006) Jim has finally completed.

Apparently, latest press states that Meat wants Steve Lukather (Toto guitarist, and additional guitar on "For Crying Out Loud" on Live Around the World) to feature on the new songs, and they are also looking into the possibility of including Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi guitarist), as he was due to record on BAT3, but broke his collarbone very shortly before his session for the album was due.

meatloaf-unofficial
13 May 2007, 18:20
thanks for the news

WhenItComes2LovingU
13 May 2007, 18:49
MORE UPDATES:

-- May also be included as part of a BAT BOX SET which would also feature the three BAT albums, projected release date around the same time. Included on the box set would be bonus tracks consisting of the original "Broadway"-style demos of BAT1 that people will be "shocked and amused over," plus original demos from BAT2 and BAT3.

-- Songs that might be potentially included: God Has Left The Building, What Part Of My Body Hurts The Most?, The Powers Of Darkness, The Monster Is Out Of The Cage, Renegade Angel, No Lips, Hands Or Butts, Paradise Lost, Braver Than We Are, Who Needs The Young?, Not Allowed To Love, and We're Still The Children We Once Were.

RadioMaster
13 May 2007, 19:07
how reliable is this?

AndrewG
13 May 2007, 19:20
how reliable is this?

Unreliable I'd say. Anyone can come up with these kinda rumours. Load of bollox if you ask me, especially the "re-recording" rumour. Steinman recently posted he's working on his musical. I'm surprised people are calling this "news". This box set info was posted by Jim almost a year ago.

WhenItComes2LovingU
13 May 2007, 19:45
Remind me...how many MLUKFC posters check Jim's blog on average who aren't also posters on the Rockman?

Informative? Yes. And that's why they're here.

DazLoaf01
13 May 2007, 19:52
I compiled and wrote the posts you are refering to, and I assure you they are not crap and made up. Everything I wrote I sourced from radio, TV and print interviews by Meat, plus the comments Jim Steinman made on his blog. I compiled it all together and put it in some sort of order for people to see, and not mis-quote facts they have heard themselves and presume things that are only tentative at this stage. I've noticed some people have this nack of changing things they have heard and say that it's gospel! I'm working on gathering these sources together so you can see for yourselves so there are no doubts. If plans by Meat and Jim change, they change - but I am telling it like I've directly heard it up to the most current information we have.

evil nickname
13 May 2007, 20:25
Everything I wrote I sourced from radio, TV and print interviews by Meat, plus the comments Jim Steinman made on his blog. I compiled it all together and put it in some sort of order for people to see, and not mis-quote facts they have heard themselves and presume things that are only tentative at this stage.

So you take some remarks made by Meat and Jim, on seperate, unrelated occasions, and you merge them into a story. Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

I'm working on gathering these sources together so you can see for yourselves so there are no doubts.

O, please do post that. I did something like that (http://www.meat-loaf.nl/forum/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=5609) for Bat III on the Dutch forum, and that list turned out pretty accurate.

RadioMaster
13 May 2007, 21:10
so that's nothing really new then, and shouldnt be sold as news.

Where did you hear of the rerecording?
I can hardly believe Meat would release the same songs on two different albums. The 'general public' wouldnt really care, or wont even notice the difference, just cause theres a different producer.

DazLoaf01
13 May 2007, 21:37
So you take some remarks made by Meat and Jim, on seperate, unrelated occasions, and you merge them into a story. Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Yes, I took comments made by them said during a relatively close period of time to one another, (ie, late last year and this year) and organised them into a topic.... they are either all based on the box set Meat has mentioned several times lately, or the BAT concluding songs originally brought up by Jim, which Meat has also talked about. I see no confusion with what I've written, and where I've "assumed" anything I've made clear that was my opinion.

Read what I did here: http://lordofexcess.proboards52.com/index.cgi?board=finalatbat&action=display&thread=1178726106

It's all meant to be a "guide" to what's been said - ALL facts. It's so people can read (and soon hear and see) what's been said as to not confuse and re-write Meat and Jim's words, which happens all too often.

evil nickname
13 May 2007, 23:05
Read what I did here: http://lordofexcess.proboards52.com/index.cgi?board=finalatbat&action=display&thread=1178726106

Error: You must login to access this forum.

Ankie
13 May 2007, 23:22
A release date has been set for three or four years from now (2009-10).

Sounds like a wait and see situation. Lot of things can happen/change in that length of time.

Pudding
13 May 2007, 23:28
Smells like a big stinking pile of bullshit to me. There's a huge difference between listing facts and trying to make facts fit into some fantasmagorically concocted story that only a monkey who's had electric shock therapy would remotely believe.

Pud :twisted:

DazLoaf01
14 May 2007, 01:05
WTF?! How can what Meat has talked about regarding a future box set be a load of crap?! I really am startled! He has talked about it a few times and I've put the quotes together... simple. What makes you think that putting these quotes together equals crap?! He's talked about the same box set in each example I've listed - and I've mentioned the source!!! I'm doing fans a favour by collecting the info in one bloody spot!

AndrewG
14 May 2007, 01:18
Taking these rumours, or facts if you want to call them that, from all these different sources (like what Meat said about "POSSIBLY" working with Jim Steinman again on breakfast tv) jumbling them up and calling it "NEWS" - "READ THIS: NEW ALBUM" is just over top imo. If anything it's misleading that's why I'm having a go here.
No wonder the poor man is going crazy by all these expectations (though I wish he would ignore it all). He probably gets thousands of pms asking "is this true, is there going to be a bat 4" blah blah blah... So far we got Bat 3, another tour and another 50 odd shows already planned in for the rest of the year. I think there is enough pressure on the guy to try to do well as it is.

DazLoaf01
14 May 2007, 01:19
Exactly my point from before!!! Meat and Jim will say something, and then someone will post it but in a different form... then it's spreads in that altered form to everyone else - so the original word has changed in context.

Pudding
14 May 2007, 02:50
How can it be exactly your point when you've just contradicted yourself? You've changed Meat's original statement(s) and altered them in context to spread a story that has absolutely no merit of being fact.

If I say I'm thinking about going to the shop for a dozen eggs, that means I'm only thinking about it. Meat isn't putting his eggs in any basket at the moment and as AndrewG rightfully pointed out, Meat doesn't need extra pressure by some delusional fans who are putting his eggs into a basket for him.

Sue K
14 May 2007, 04:21
More news thanks to Daz at this link (http://lordofexcess.proboards52.com/index.cgi?board=finalatbat&action=display&thread=1178726106&page=1#1178911758).

A release date has been set for three or four years from now (2009-10). At one point, BAT3 producer Desmond Child was set to produce the new album, with Jim to be present as supervisor during those sessions. However, recent mentions of the project have removed Child from the director's chair and firmly replaced him with Jim.

7 new songs will be on the album, but that is not the largest amount. Close to 15 demos were reportedly sent to Meat. 3.5 of the songs from those demos made it onto the eventual BAT3 ("If It Ain't Broke" being half of "(It Hurts) Only When I Feel"), and more new material is still in sight, including the long-rumored "Renegade Angel," which (according to his blog, as of 2006) Jim has finally completed.

Apparently, latest press states that Meat wants Steve Lukather (Toto guitarist, and additional guitar on "For Crying Out Loud" on Live Around the World) to feature on the new songs, and they are also looking into the possibility of including Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi guitarist), as he was due to record on BAT3, but broke his collarbone very shortly before his session for the album was due.

i found this all too funny and quite tongue-in-cheek... particularly due to the report of a release date..."A release date has been set for three or four years from now (2009-10)" ... lol... crim... we could all be DEAD by then...well... a few of us at the very least... lol... very funny... very very funny... ta for the laugh...

tink...

DazLoaf01
14 May 2007, 11:38
How can it be exactly your point when you've just contradicted yourself?

Where?

You've changed Meat's original statement(s) and altered them in context to spread a story that has absolutely no merit of being fact.

Absoloute rubbish. I have not altered anything and I have absoloutely no intention of spreading a "story". I made a post on ONE forum (and not even an obvious one) because I thought it would have been of interest. I have no interest in wasting my or other people's time by making stuff up, and that's rather low of you to presume.

If I say I'm thinking about going to the shop for a dozen eggs, that means I'm only thinking about it. Meat isn't putting his eggs in any basket at the moment and as AndrewG rightfully pointed out, Meat doesn't need extra pressure by some delusional fans who are putting his eggs into a basket for him.

Delusional? How dare you. I know full well plans can change, by why would Meat mention the potential box set several times if he wasn't intending to put it out? He didn't have to mention it did he! I've put his quotes together regarding it and those are the FACTS. If it doesn't come out, then it doesn't come out - but at the point where he mentioned them, then that's what the facts were AT THAT TIME. Why is that so hard for people to believe? I will be providing the sources soon so we can stop this rubbish.

Sue K
14 May 2007, 11:44
... :lmao: ...

Pudding
14 May 2007, 11:55
I will be providing the sources soon so we can stop this rubbish.

Please do, I need a good laugh :lmao:

RadioMaster
14 May 2007, 14:36
the point in this whole thing is, that if something has been said by Meat and/or Jim, it doesnt necessarily true.

They just spoke about wishes what they'd like to do, or things that might happen, but that doesnt have to be a fact then!

Also, some of the statements are more than a year old, everything could have changed by now.

You cant compile statements that have absolutely no connection to prove a story (as someone said above).

On the other hand, Meat is known for telling stories that arent 100% the truth anyway.

Tim
14 May 2007, 15:25
sounds great...but first this tour to look out for!!! And then the dvd..and thena new album...wow... Great times when you love the right music :lol:

allrevvedup
14 May 2007, 18:03
10 years ago you probably would've been telling us that Meat was going to do an album of songs from musicals as well as a christmas album.

5 years before that you probably would've been expecting Meat Loaf to have an 'interesting part' in Batman 3, which never happened.

Maybe you will turn out to be 100% right, 50% right or even 10% right...but right now with how badly Bat III and subsequent singles have been received around the world...I wouldn't take everything as read.

RadioMaster
14 May 2007, 19:28
10 years ago you probably would've been telling us that Meat was going to do an album of songs from musicals as well as a christmas album.

5 years before that you probably would've been expecting Meat Loaf to have an 'interesting part' in Batman 3, which never happened.

Maybe you will turn out to be 100% right, 50% right or even 10% right...but right now with how badly Bat III and subsequent singles have been received around the world...I wouldn't take everything as read.

The negativity is a problem here:
Bat3 did bad in the UK, and you believe it did all over the world?
How many of the various countries selling numbers do you know Mike?
Infact, it did pretty well over here, stayed (i think about two months) in the top 5, etc.
(no offence, mate, if it sounded like)

allrevvedup
14 May 2007, 20:43
Fair point

Pudding
15 May 2007, 03:02
Bat3 did bad in the UK, and you believe it did all over the world?
How many of the various countries selling numbers do you know Mike?

Bat3 never got off the ground in Africa, Asia or South America. Next to nothing happened with it in the Australasian countries and I believe a good number of South and Eastern European countries never sold it. So if you class them as part of the world, then it didn't do so well.

Sue K
15 May 2007, 11:40
... oooo my... it got awful serious on this thread... :shock: ... let's get back to whatever it is that's supposed to be being released 3 to 4 years from now... :lmao: ...

Jaymze
15 May 2007, 12:44
The rate at which Steinman works I would predict the release date to be closer to 2019 then 2009 although good things are worth waiting for.

Pudding
15 May 2007, 12:54
let's get back to whatever it is that's supposed to be being released 3 to 4 years from now... :lmao: ...

Remember THAT release date HAS been set.....ish ;)

allrevvedup
15 May 2007, 13:00
I would expect to see the Bat Musical arrive sometime in the next year or two...anything to do with Meat and Jim to follow another year or two after that...at least

He took fours years to make Bat II, giving Jim Steinman a deadline is like trying to put out a fire with alcohol

Pudding
15 May 2007, 13:53
If whatever project Meat has in mind that he wants Steinman to produce doesn't get done or at least started within the next year, then I can't see it been done at all. And I think people are jumping ahead of themselves thinking it's going to be a full album, it might only be an EP of 4 or 5 songs for a Bat Boxset ;)

allrevvedup
16 May 2007, 01:20
If nothing else it keeps both guys in the news..gets some old time fans slightly excited about the possibility and maybe encourages them to go and see Meat Loaf live and Steinman's musical.

All about the spin, either way i think i'd sit back and not fret too much it's going to be a bit of a wait.