PDA

View Full Version : Meat was in the Sun today

robfosters
24 Apr 2007, 19:48
Centre page about celebrity footie fans. I see Meat is a big Hartlepool! fan, along with Michael Jackson the Exeter fan and Osama Bin Laden the Arsenal fan.

They mention he once house hunted around the area. They even made up a little ditty for him -

"He's fat, He's round, he's house-hunted near the ground, he's Meat Loaf!"

Their words, not mine.

LucyK!
24 Apr 2007, 19:51
He certainly is a Hartlepool fan (though God knows why, the place is a pit), he even invited the Hartlepool mascot to join him on stage at Newcastle Arena during the CHSIB tour.

Rumour had it that Meat did look for a house near here, there's a big private estate where a lot of footballers and "famous people" have houses that he apparently looked at, my Uncle is a security guard there and heard about it though he never saw him...so who knows!

Lord Kagan
24 Apr 2007, 20:11
Page 3?

robfosters
24 Apr 2007, 20:14
As much as I like to see Meat, I don't think i'd wanna see that much of him ;)

MeatGrl1
24 Apr 2007, 20:17
Thank you! Just went and picked up my copy and one for a friend !
Thanks so much for the heads up, I would have missed it :)) !

Lord Kagan
24 Apr 2007, 20:20
As much as I like to see Meat, I don't think i'd wanna see that much of him ;)

Would have been funny, Could have his topless thoughts on some stupid subject

Monstro
24 Apr 2007, 20:33
Downside was they used a 14yr old photo of his head and stuck it on a Hartlepool shirt wearing body.

I did see him on a tv show with the Hartlepool teddy mascot but can't remember what the program was - CRAFT Syndrome's kicking in again!!!!!

Monstro
24 Apr 2007, 20:40
Check it out if you didn't see it today.......

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2007180806_9,00.html

duke knooby
24 Apr 2007, 20:58
good pic though

RadioMaster
24 Apr 2007, 20:59
nah

meatloaf-unofficial
24 Apr 2007, 21:15
him about supporting Heartleypool was mention appartently on Sky Sports News as my brother came running up to tell me the news :-)

Jayd
24 Apr 2007, 23:11
him about supporting Heartleypool was mention appartently on Sky Sports News as my brother came running up to tell me the news :-)

It was mentioned on Glilette Soccer Saturaday on Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports News last week, when Hartlepool result came on, it mentioned how Meat was a fan of Hartlepool along with Iron Maiden. :D

LucyK!
24 Apr 2007, 23:19
Iron Maiden are from up here too, one of those guys comes for coffee where I work

RadioMaster
24 Apr 2007, 23:29
cool, which one of them?

bonsi
25 Apr 2007, 00:18
Wow, you learn something new about the big guy (well, to me its new anyway) Cheers for the story!:cool:

LucyK!
25 Apr 2007, 10:38
cool, which one of them?

Oh I have no idea, he lives in the next town to where I work and him and his wife bring their son to the guitar glasses

needmoremeat
25 Apr 2007, 11:12
My brother lives in Hartlepool (is parish priest there) and hasn't seen him yet. If he does, he better get me his autograph! Former SAFC footballer Kevin Kilbane used to go to his church when he was at Durham and he never got me his autograph! :evil: Actually, forget the autograph, he'd have to let me know he'd seen him and distract him for half an hour while I nick Dad's car and hurry down the A19! :lmao:
I suppose houses aren't expensive enough in Hartlepool for Meat! :lol: Maybe if he had one built from scratch near where all the footballers live, yes!

Tim
27 Apr 2007, 09:51
If meat is looking for some nice houses.. he must come here and start living in Holland :lmao:

ChoccyBat
28 Apr 2007, 01:47
That story about Meat not being able to find an expensive enough house in Hartlepool is funny but sooooo old, it was years ago! And I was at the CHSIB gig in Newcastle (near Hartlepool for our foreign guests) when the Hartlepool mascot made an appearance - have even got it on a photo! Remains best Loaf gig yet....

LucyK!
30 Apr 2007, 17:19
You think so?! I was at that show and I have wonderful memories of it (as always) though I was doubley excited as I had a Meet and Greet to look forward to afterwards, otherwise I'm not sure I'd get quite so excited when I look back at it!

But to get back on topic, the Hartlepool mascot did make an appearance on stage that night, and I assure you that the Hartlepool locals are still buzzing about it :roll:

ChoccyBat
30 Apr 2007, 21:09
It was best for me, as it was the last time I saw a ML gig before they got shortened to 2 hours. Plus I was right at the front, and Patti was soooo good at working the crowd - and considering it isn't a bat song, CHSIB was AWESOME